• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Jan/Feb 2016 Auction

363 posts in this topic

Well that was painful!! All the Planets I wanted in todays session were aggressively bid on, resulting in some pretty high prices. I persevered on two of them, but backed out of the #5 which was high on my want list.

Another day I suppose :(

Wow! That #5 went large didnt it? Which two did you hunt down?

I bid on the 5 but quickly gave up.

Yeah, I was the underbidder on the last few bids. It was already getting to be a stupid price, but pushed it a bit further but then regained some common sense..at least that is how am telling my story...lol

You mean you originally had common sense, then decided to collect comics?

Easy with that sharp sword of truth, now...... :baiting: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Well that was painful!! All the Planets I wanted in todays session were aggressively bid on, resulting in some pretty high prices. I persevered on two of them, but backed out of the #5 which was high on my want list.

Yeah, I was the underbidder on the last few bids. It was already getting to be a stupid price, but pushed it a bit further but then regained some common sense..at least that is how am telling my story...lol

About as sharp as a paper knife!

I know I paid too much for it, but I won something I have wanted for years: Amazing Mysteries #32.

:applause: Very cool book!

Paper cuts :eek:

Made two purchases, the Ibis with the gorgeous Raboy bondage cover and the Sunny with the sweet Feldstein cover. Had my hand on the trigger for the Amazing-Man books, especially loved the 5.

Was that the Ibis 2? I intended to bid on that one but forgot about it. Just as well, I guess!

Indeed it was. Wasn't even on my radar but passion seemed to take over. :luhv:

Paper cuts :eek:

Ouch!

Story of my life...lol

Missed Amazing Man 25 by 1 bid. Did anyone here get?

Not a bad looking book with little done to it someone got lucky (thumbs u

Confirms that this must be a pretty tough book to track down as this is almost 4X condition guide for a restored copy. (thumbs u

small among of glue on cover doesn't denote "restored" to me. Scrape it off, book looks same (grade would drop .5) but I was willing to pay much more than 4x guide (guide is not relevant on most centaurs)

Story of my life...lol

Hulk i am starting to feel sorry for you. Bad 2 days. :sumo:

Story of my life...lol

Don't feel bad, I still got three Planets towards my run, my own sales thread is doing well and my consignments at HA did ok and its warming up again around my place!

Story of my life...lol

Don't feel bad, I still got three Planets towards my run, my own sales thread is doing well and my consignments at HA did ok and its warming up again around my place!

(thumbs u:golfclap:

Confirms that this must be a pretty tough book to track down as this is almost 4X condition guide for a restored copy. (thumbs u

small among of glue on cover doesn't denote "restored" to me. Scrape it off, book looks same (grade would drop .5) but I was willing to pay much more than 4x guide (guide is not relevant on most centaurs)

Tough old books nowadays!

Tough old books nowadays!

Tell me about it. :frustrated:

Made two purchases, the Ibis with the gorgeous Raboy bondage cover and the Sunny with the sweet Feldstein cover. Had my hand on the trigger for the Amazing-Man books, especially loved the 5.

Ibis 2 has a great cover, but it`s not by Raboy.

Anybody get the Dynamic 11 presents way better than the 7.0 which sold not long ago :)

That was one of the books I was tracking, but I already have a couple that are lower grade and those are just fine with me. I was also tracking the Hit 1 and Victory 4. Hit 1 looks like someone got a bargain. Victory 4 was about where it should have ended up, rare book but I didn't chase it past $1K. I did come away with the Amazing Man #5. A book that never thought attainable, but right time right place this time.

Every time I see a tough book that rarely come up for sale that I want but say to myself "that is not going to go cheap". Sure enough I don't bid on those books and they always go cheap. :facepalm: The Mystic #6 sells for only $1,374 and if it was listed on these boards for $1,600 it would be gone before the seller could type sold. You barely ever see unrestored Mystic's for sale, what a great buy. :tonofbricks: