• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage Jan/Feb 2016 Auction

363 posts in this topic

Every time I see a tough book that rarely come up for sale that I want but say to myself "that is not going to go cheap". Sure enough I don't bid on those books and they always go cheap. :facepalm: The Mystic #6 sells for only $1,374 and if it was listed on these boards for $1,600 it would be gone before the seller could type sold. You barely ever see unrestored Mystic's for sale, what a great buy. :tonofbricks:
so I should price it at 1600 (shrug)

Every time I see a tough book that rarely come up for sale that I want but say to myself "that is not going to go cheap". Sure enough I don't bid on those books and they always go cheap. :facepalm: The Mystic #6 sells for only $1,374 and if it was listed on these boards for $1,600 it would be gone before the seller could type sold. You barely ever see unrestored Mystic's for sale, what a great buy. :tonofbricks:
so I should price it at 1600 (shrug)

I would buy it at that price but I spent the cash on other things. I may come back to you later but I'm sure it will sell as fast as you want it to. :(

Made two purchases, the Ibis with the gorgeous Raboy bondage cover and the Sunny with the sweet Feldstein cover. Had my hand on the trigger for the Amazing-Man books, especially loved the 5.

Ibis 2 has a great cover, but it`s not by Raboy.

Sorry. Agreed without thinking, actually bought the Ibis 5 which does have a Raboy cover!

Made two purchases, the Ibis with the gorgeous Raboy bondage cover and the Sunny with the sweet Feldstein cover. Had my hand on the trigger for the Amazing-Man books, especially loved the 5.

Ibis 2 has a great cover, but it`s not by Raboy.

Sorry. Agreed without thinking, actually bought the Ibis 5 which does have a Raboy cover!

Sorry. I was thinking of the 2 because it is also a bondage cover and the one I was following. I think you snagged the 5 at a great price.

CGC credits the cover of 5 to Raboy, but GCD disagrees. It was published after Raboy left Fawcett. Either way, it's a great cover.

OT, but I was cleaning out some files and thought people might find this interesting.

It's a letter I received from CGC back in 2001 that mentions the first HA comic auction. Note in the third paragraph (if you can read it!) that among the books highlighted as appearing in the auction are X-Men 4 and ASM 9. The times do change!

2016-02-23-0001_zps8z7d8uko.jpg

Heritage auction is so over. Time to move on... CC next !

IMO the Bp is way to high to buy a key book on Heritage. Tec 27 140k to seller plus 23k Heritage Bp really i take CC auctions and gaine you a copy of Tec 28 and change Bp :sumo:

OT, but I was cleaning out some files and thought people might find this interesting.

It's a letter I received from CGC back in 2001 that mentions the first HA comic auction. Note in the third paragraph (if you can read it!) that among the books highlighted as appearing in the auction are X-Men 4 and ASM 9. The times do change!

2016-02-23-0001_zps8z7d8uko.jpg

I did buy a spidey 9 around that time so i can relive my childhood. :idea:

IMO the Bp is way to high to buy a key book on Heritage. Tec 27 140k to seller plus 23k Heritage Bp really i take CC auctions and gaine you a copy of Tec 28 and change Bp :sumo:

A buyer's premium shouldn't affect a bidder in any way. (shrug)

a shoulder shrug or eyeball roll is all i have left when i see the ol' buyer's premium impediment come up.

I never did understand this. The Tec 27 was bid 140k with Bp the total was 163k. I understand that thats the total the buyer pays 163k.

I would like to know who pays the 23k Bp

I never did understand this. The Tec 27 was bid 140k with Bp the total was 163k. I understand that thats the total the buyer pays 163k.

As long as the buyer knows all the fees on top of their bid...they bid accordingly. That means BP, sales tax, shipping, etc. and then you essentially net it to your bid amount and off you go. That part I totally understand...what I don't understand is how HA essentially takes a third of the total and people are still willing to sell with them. Not being snarky as I haven't tracked it enough and with this much $$ I assume people know what they're doing. I guess I'm impressed that HA can get essentially 20% more for books than CLink, etc.

Although, it's labeled a buyer's premium, it's really paid by the seller.

You can look at it like this: The buyer was willing to pay $163K. If the seller had just walked up to the buyer and sold him the book, the seller would pocket the whole $163K. Instead he pockets just $140K (or less if he also paid a seller's premium of $14K -- which he didn't if he bargained with HA when consigning the book).

So even though the buyer pays the whole thing -- he does a wire transfer of $163K -- the seller really paid the $23K.

As long as the buyer knows all the fees on top of their bid...they bid accordingly. That means BP, sales tax, shipping, etc. and then you essentially net it to your bid amount and off you go. That part I totally understand...what I don't understand is how HA essentially takes a third of the total and people are still willing to sell with them. Not being snarky as I haven't tracked it enough and with this much $$ I assume people know what they're doing. I guess I'm impressed that HA can get essentially 20% more for books than CLink, etc.

With HA's quarterly auctions, you are paying to get your book in the catalog. If you give them enough stuff to get them to wave the SP, then you're giving up 19.5% as opposed to 10% with CLink or CC (13% if the buyer pays CC with a credit card).

They keep attracting books, so I guess people must find the higher fee worth it.

Although, it's labeled a buyer's premium, it's really paid by the seller.

You can look at it like this: The buyer was willing to pay $163K. If the seller had just walked up to the buyer and sold him the book, the seller would pocket the whole $163K. Instead he pockets just $140K (or less if he also paid a seller's premium of $14K -- which he didn't if he bargained with HA when consigning the book).

So even though the buyer pays the whole thing -- he does a wire transfer of $163K -- the seller really paid the $23K.

Thanks. It just seems that Ha does get 20% more than any other auction house.

I just got notification they shipped my winnings, but I haven't paid yet (business trip overseas prevented me from calling in the wire transfer). Guess I better do the transfer Monday for sure !

OH you paid you just dont know yet. lol

I just got notification they shipped my winnings, but I haven't paid yet (business trip overseas prevented me from calling in the wire transfer). Guess I better do the transfer Monday for sure !

Winnings? You mean they're giving away books for free? I guess I need to start participating in those Heritage auctions.

speaking of heritage...i just picked up a raw copy of Adventure Comics 38 last week. still waiting for it in the mail....I will post a photo if anyone is interested in seeing....

Comic Link was good to me last week as well. I snagged a Detective 8... dunno why anyone would buy the same book on heritage only to pay an additional several hundred bucks in buyers premiums......