• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

My February books are currently in the wind. That's apparently what I get for trying to ship to my PO box. I got tracking numbers from both FedEx and USPS, neither of which seem to be working. If they don't appear in cyberspace (or in person) tomorrow I'm calling Clink.

All my bids on the higher grade books fell by the wayside but I picked up these two low grade gems for a great price:

Fantastic%20Four%2036_zpseuomugoq.jpg

Fantastic%20Four%2045_zpsipipn4n8.jpg

I'm currently in receipt of so much product here that I don't dare look over there at Clink. :cry:

I'm currently in receipt of so much product here that I don't dare look over there at Clink. :cry:

I had the same thought but then got bored on Tuesday night and put in a couple bids. Now I'm invested in trying to get 8-10 books to distribute the shipping cost.

I've got this mental image of 10 board members sitting around their computers bidding up pretty much every book in the auctions. With that in mind I've been concentrating my bids on lower grade keys since I know most board members don't like the low grade books. And couple that with low grade books seem to sell very well at Cons where people just want a copy = win.

I had the same thought but then got bored on Tuesday night and put in a couple bids. Now I'm invested in trying to get 8-10 books to distribute the shipping cost.

I've got this mental image of 10 board members sitting around their computers bidding up pretty much every book in the auctions. With that in mind I've been concentrating my bids on lower grade keys since I know most board members don't like the low grade books. And couple that with low grade books seem to sell very well at Cons where people just want a copy = win.

I tend to troll the auctions and place a lot of bids at the level of "I would pay this for that copy and would be pissed if it sold for less than this." I very rarely get these books at these prices, but every once in a while something slips through the cracks and I get a surprise win. So on the one hand that might make me one of those boardies sitting around and bidding books up, but on the other hand since I rarely win any I'm clearly not affecting the overall prices on those copies too much.

I do like these 120+ page focused auctions for the low-mid grade copies of books, because I agree that these hold the most potential for show stock if they can be gotten at the right price. I have been able to buy slabs in Clink auctions that I later resold for 75-100% profit. Again, it doesn't happen all the time but it is nice when it does.

I did think about going after that FF #45 you won, but I already have a very similar raw copy in my inventory so I left it alone. :shy:

I tend to troll the auctions and place a lot of bids at the level of "I would pay this for that copy and would be pissed if it sold for less than this." I very rarely get these books at these prices, but every once in a while something slips through the cracks and I get a surprise win. So on the one hand that might make me one of those boardies sitting around and bidding books up, but on the other hand since I rarely win any I'm clearly not affecting the overall prices on those copies too much.

I do like these 120+ page focused auctions for the low-mid grade copies of books, because I agree that these hold the most potential for show stock if they can be gotten at the right price. I have been able to buy slabs in Clink auctions that I later resold for 75-100% profit. Again, it doesn't happen all the time but it is nice when it does.

I did think about going after that FF #45 you won, but I already have a very similar raw copy in my inventory so I left it alone. :shy:

My show inventory thanks you (worship)

My February books are currently in the wind. That's apparently what I get for trying to ship to my PO box. I got tracking numbers from both FedEx and USPS, neither of which seem to be working. If they don't appear in cyberspace (or in person) tomorrow I'm calling Clink.
I've had my tracking info for over a week now, first it was usps, and then I had a second one from Fedex two days ago, neither have been updated telling me if its even been shipped.

I've had my tracking info for over a week now, first it was usps, and then I had a second one from Fedex two days ago, neither have been updated telling me if its even been shipped.

My FedEx hasn't ever progressed beyond the label being generated, and my USPS stalled in KC for about 30 hours. I'm happy to report that USPS is now saying that my box is ready for pickup at my PO, so I'm optimistic I'll have books this afternoon. :wishluck:

If your experience is like mine the USPS number is the only one that will show progress, while the FedEx will basically be worthless. Not sure why it would even have been generated, unless it is some sort of database thing on Clink's side.