• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

Last month a 8.5 broke $2600 on HA, and last Aug a 6.5 sold over $1300. Tonight I ended up with this old label 7.0 for $911 (well under guide). Either the market is starting to go or GGA Baker covers are just out of style. :cloud9:

She fits nice in my collection.

image_zpsismnhltm.jpeg

Real nice pickup, I almost put in a bid a the last second for 961 but I figured whoever bid had bid well over a grand, your bid was higher than 961 right? :grin:

There has been a lot of nice high grade books for auction lately, I think there was 3 big auction at the same time. I have been wasting a bunch of money on cheap books...should have just got a few really good books, I do it all the time :facepalm:

Last month a 8.5 broke $2600 on HA, and last Aug a 6.5 sold over $1300. Tonight I ended up with this old label 7.0 for $911 (well under guide). Either the market is starting to go or GGA Baker covers are just out of style. :cloud9:

image_zpsismnhltm.jpeg

Real nice pickup, I almost put in a bid a the last second for 961 but I figured whoever bid had bid well over a grand, your bid was higher than 961 right? :grin:

There has been a lot of nice high grade books for auction lately, I think there was 3 big auction at the same time. I have been wasting a bunch of money on cheap books...should have just got a few really good books, I do it all the time :facepalm:

I simply put the next bid requirement needed to bid with seconds to spare and ended up a winner. It's been a book I've wanted off and on for some time, so I was more than pleased.

image_zpsismnhltm.jpeg

Great Pick-up!

Finally won a 10.0 Bongo :cloud9:
signed?

Yes, I couldn't believe it survived the process. The particular book was distributed at the 2012 SDCC.

Caught my eye with the nice Matt sig and the little Bart looking over it. Congrats, its sweet.

I was the crazy person who overbid and won the AF#15 3.0 copy on tonights auction.

I was desperate to own this book. I remember wanting this book 3 years ago when a 4.0 went for $8K. SMH...

Thinking of a good way to explain this to my fiance...any suggestions?

hDwbKm6.png

Tell her you guys now own the 3rd most important comic book ever made!! Can't go wrong there!!

I was the crazy person who overbid and won the AF#15 3.0 copy on tonights auction.

I was desperate to own this book. I remember wanting this book 3 years ago when a 4.0 went for $8K. SMH...

hDwbKm6.png

Tell her you guys now own the 3rd most important comic book ever made!! Can't go wrong there!!

Well....I showed her a picture of the comic. She has no concept of how much a copy is going for nowadays. Her first reaction was, "that's cool" followed by "did that cost more than my ring." SMH...

hDwbKm6.png

Well....I showed her a picture of the comic. She has no concept of how much a copy is going for nowadays. Her first reaction was, "that's cool" followed by "did that cost more than my ring." SMH...

That AF 15 will hold its value a whole lot better than a diamond ring bought at retail. Those things are like cars, worth half as much as soon as you leave the dealership.

hDwbKm6.png

That AF 15 will hold its value a whole lot better than a diamond ring bought at retail. Those things are like cars, worth half as much as soon as you leave the dealership.

Maybe so but her friends don't care about the comic. They do care about the ring. :roflmao:

hDwbKm6.png

Maybe, but if you take it back to the jeweler and get an official appraised value (i.e. a very healthy retail replacement value) that should help your case in relation to the AF #15. Barring that, just tell her no.

hDwbKm6.png

Maybe so but her friends don't care about the comic. They do care about the ring. :roflmao:

Diamonds are a total racket. A retail market and its connection to romance completely manufactured out of nothing by DeBeers for massive profits. Super interesting story, one of marketing's greatest triumphs.