• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

Ugh - hating myself right now. Took a look at the auction at the last second and put some impulse bids in for a few books. I ended up winning 3 additional books so now my total is 13 books for this batch of auctions. I guess $30 shipping for 13 slabs is pretty good. I'll post up pictures tomorrow morning.

Ugh - hating myself right now. Took a look at the auction at the last second and put some impulse bids in for a few books. I ended up winning 3 additional books so now my total is 13 books for this batch of auctions. I guess $30 shipping for 13 slabs is pretty good. I'll post up pictures tomorrow morning.

Congrats...or not congrats. haha. Got a list of what you grabbed?

And impulse buying is contagious...I need to start blocking comiclink

Here is the batch I won last night:

Doctor%20Strange%20180_zpst6zvafif.jpg

Strange%20Tales%20115%20CGC_zps2qfitrbi.jpg

Fantastic%20FOur%20Annual%206%20CGC_zpsirydrzgq.jpg

I'm really happy about the FF Annual 6 and the ST 115 since I think both are undervalued key books with a lot of room for growth. The Doctor Strange was a little over $20 so I just couldn't pass it up.

Here is the batch I won last night:

Doctor%20Strange%20180_zpst6zvafif.jpg

If you send this in to reholder it in a new CGC case, the Newton Rings will only add to the eye appeal of the book!

Congrats on all your pickups!

I am tapping out... too many things I am liking in the next month's auction.

So I hope everyone spends lots of money !

Yeah, I just skimmed the listings and found about a half dozen books that I would like to seriously pursue. It may turn out to be an expensive month...

I had to double check my records just to confirm, but I do believe this is the first time I've won anything over at CL since June of last year. Just a mix of different years.

RAD6FC872016314_151120.jpg

RAD8E24A201645_7400.jpg

RAD5A1F32016111_10912.jpg

RAD6371F2016316_92814.jpg

Ahem, and a competitor's 9.0 w/White pages. :whistle:

162015.jpg.4648a53399103dcd789e7d5d3d29c9b1.jpg

Note: Didn't expect to win that BA #12. I hope the book looks better in hand than in the scan. Part of the dangers of bidding with your phone is that you can never get a good look at the scans.

Anyone get any art? I skimmed it but didn't feel compelled to try to spend any more money...

Only 15 days until the start of the May auction! (Anyone else finding this tight scheduling a bit exhausting? :P )

Only 15 days until the start of the May auction! (Anyone else finding this tight scheduling a bit exhausting? :P )

Yes & no - I find it exhausting on my wallet but my collection seems to loves it :)

-bc

Anyone get any art? I skimmed it but didn't feel compelled to try to spend any more money...

I wanted the Deadpool page but I'm still trying to afford the books I bought from this auction.

Yes & no - I find it exhausting on my wallet but my collection seems to loves it :)

-bc

Yeah, it is a bit bipolar that way. And the 15 days does give me time to try to try to free up some cash for books I'd like to go after.

I was pretty happy with my haul of five books, except for Shazam #1. I already have two copies and have no idea why I bought another doh!

The 'Nam #1 was one of my favorite childhood war covers. :cloud9:

The other three filled some holes in my collection :applause:

8A53A3D7-265D-4B0F-8177-139A7C27EC8A_zps2mhejjzp.jpg

6899957C-4A14-4C79-BE51-65F7CC88CE35_zpsxhafxslx.jpg

ED61496D-7D40-4E57-9043-7CD9474C5BEF_zps7p9zuitm.jpg

511E0354-C02C-4591-8BC2-6305B4050641_zpswklojwla.jpg

5CB1563B-6959-4E3E-91DB-EB3FA7E3DCC2_zps1mdj27vf.jpg

-bc

Yeah, it is a bit bipolar that way. And the 15 days does give me time to try to try to free up some cash for books I'd like to go after.

Well, they've just added some books that I'm looking for, so it looks like I'll be broke next month too. doh!

Skipped this month's CLink because of Mt trip tomorrow and that I just won one item off ebay. That item ends 4 years of search at last! :acclaim:

Inquiring minds want to know......? (shrug)

-bc

Skipped this month's CLink because of Mt trip tomorrow and that I just won one item off ebay. That item ends 4 years of search at last! :acclaim:

Inquiring minds want to know......? (shrug)

-bc

It will be revealed as soon I have it in my hands. It's not a comic book per se. But is comic book related. :shy:

Pull yourself together. I got 275+ slabs in this auction. Take a deep breath. You got this.

That's likely unlikely, but sounds real good, but realistically I know I got some that break $200 and done that may not crack $50. After last month auction, it appears buyers are winning the war. If I can fall between $60-$100 avg per book, I'm gonna be in line with my prediction. I just did the count and there are 271 books.

Ended at $64.07/book x 271 books. Fell into the range I expected. The lower end of it of course. I'd do it again though.

Congrats on the sale! :applause:

Just a question here though.......at an average of only $64 per slab, is there any real money to be made after factoring in the original cost of the book, slabbing fees, auction fees, packaging material, along with shipping and reshipping charges back and forth between both CGC and CL, and whatever else there is? (shrug)

I actually bought the JRJR spider man and the Jim Lee Europa pieces. They were super cheap, so couldn't pass it up. The content may not be the greatest, I grew up with these artists, it is awesome to own something from them.