• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

I picked up Marvel Premiere #15 Signature Series 9.6 for $1,200 less than a 9.6 without it. What am I missing?

http://comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RADC740F20161116_154915.jpg

http://comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RADF5D3D20161019_14235.jpg

I know some here don't like Signature Series books, but many people do. They just don't voice it because there's no need to. GPA on nearly all Signature Series are usually in the same ballpark as their counterpart Universal Labels. GPA data shows this books around the $1300 range in both blue and yellow. Someone got caught up in the Netflix hype and went $2500. That's a lucky seller IMO.

I picked up Marvel Premiere #15 Signature Series 9.6 for $1,200 less than a 9.6 without it. What am I missing?

http://comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RADC740F20161116_154915.jpg

http://comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RADF5D3D20161019_14235.jpg

I know some here don't like Signature Series books, but many people do. They just don't voice it because there's no need to. GPA on nearly all Signature Series are usually in the same ballpark as their counterpart Universal Labels. GPA data shows this books around the $1300 range in both blue and yellow. Someone got caught up in the Netflix hype and went $2500. That's a lucky seller IMO.

With all things being equal, I think I would rather have the Stan Lee book. Though, it is no big deal either way. If you just look at MP15s sold in the last 90 days, Lee signature books beat the blue labels by sizable amounts. I am not sure I got a great deal, but I am sure the seller of the $2500 book is happy right now.

The easy answer is the other bidder who pushed the unsigned book up to $2500. Auctions are funny. More thoughtful answer is not all comic collectors collect signature series.

Some view it as defacement. Personally, I would never pay more for a Sig Series - always less.

Ditto, writing on the cover is a defect which is why the SS grades are the same as green label (qualified) grades. (thumbs u

GPA certainly disagrees with your comparison to qualified comics. So do the thousands of people who pay to have their books signed/defaced just for a yellow label. Again, I am not a fan either way, but I would take the copy that is $1,200 cheaper. :banana:

The easy answer is the other bidder who pushed the unsigned book up to $2500. Auctions are funny. More thoughtful answer is not all comic collectors collect signature series.

Some view it as defacement. Personally, I would never pay more for a Sig Series - always less.

personally, never understood the cache of Stan's sig on a book he didn't write or the initial appearance of character he didn't create but to each his own

Very true....It's not the perfect book for his signature. Some might argue that Stan Lee encompasses all that is Marvel.

Did Comiclink change the bidding increments levels for their books in this auction? I was looking at a currently priced book of about $600 and the increment is $50? I seem to remember it being lower ($25). I don't bid that often, so cant say for sure.

Just curious.

Cheers

Jason

If you bid 600 and were immediately outbid, then you forced the other bid up to $625, now you can bid again $650.

Actually, what you described above happened, but the system also said I needed to increase my bid by mimimum of $50 (increment) in order to place another bid if I wanted.

If you bid 600 and were immediately outbid, then you forced the other bid up to $625, now you can bid again $650.

Actually, what you described above happened, but the system also said I needed to increase my bid by mimimum of $50 (increment) in order to place another bid if I wanted.

Maybe the 50 increment kicks in after 500. I don t pay attention all that closely. I just bid feverishly

I need one, but would probably only pay about $50, so didn't really miss out at all! :lol:

Did someone get a deal or did the only other guy who's looking for one get his last year lol

Super Goof #62

Wow - I reviewed the books I bid on, and lots of not_in_tune_with_social_norms crazy hammer prices. :D

You got to know when to hold them..., know when to fold them..., :blush:

A couple sweaty guys grinding on each other..., what's to explain? :shrug:

:baiting:

Just one. It comes with a lot of explaining to the wife.

RAD92AB220161028_133224.jpg

My one "personal" win for this auction, and only the second book I bought for myself this year (the other being a Marvel Mystery # 64 in CGC 9.2 White).

Old label goodness. Under OS Guide. Classic Schomburg cover. First issue Timely key. I'm pretty stoked about it. Was never as happy to put such a large check in the mail so fast. :cloud9:

RADFDEFA20161019_1052.jpg

Dames in fuzzy sweaters? Its a weakness. :cloud9: My only 2 wins.

IMG_2971_zpsuhfcamxf.jpg

Great pickups. Too bad comiclink doesn't report to GPA because that Archie sales price ($4600) is a doozy.

Great book that's really tough above mid-grade.