• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

Very Nice acquisitions everyone!! I landed this toughie...it will look cool next to the Our Flag 5!!

2cqfp6w.jpg

Very cool book!

Thanks brother!!

It's a cool book! I found a 6.0 at C2E2 last year, but your copy looks to have stronger colors. Good stuff.

I wouldn't mind seeing that one bro!! and congrats on finding one!!

speed%2015_zpsbzfcba8z.jpg[/url]

I got way behind in this threa that is an AWESOME BOOK man!!!!!!! and great acquisitions everyone i always enjoy seeing what people chase after and are able to bring home!!

I totally agree with this. I cleaned up IMO. I'll post in the art thread in a bit.

Surprised no one brought up the Art session...lots of interesting pieces and sketches by big time artists, and they were going for (what I thought) bargain prices. Not a lot of published work, mind you, but a Crow sketch by O'Barr, or a Punisher piece by Tim Bradstreet were pretty nifty additions I thought for a regular monthly auction.

Yeah, I always post my Clink stuff in the "This week in your OA collection thread". It's more civilized over there.

Surprised no one brought up the Art session...lots of interesting pieces and sketches by big time artists, and they were going for (what I thought) bargain prices. Not a lot of published work, mind you, but a Crow sketch by O'Barr, or a Punisher piece by Tim Bradstreet were pretty nifty additions I thought for a regular monthly auction.

I was anticipating seeing some Copper/Moderns or some bottom feeding from the assorted stuff on the last day, but for whatever reason we don't get a lot of art shown off in these threads. It is possible that that stuff gets paraded in the OA room and doesn't make it into General.

Surprised no one brought up the Art session...lots of interesting pieces and sketches by big time artists, and they were going for (what I thought) bargain prices.

Maybe most collectors are keeping their powder dry for all of the books coming out in the big November and December auctions. (shrug)

Especially in terms of some of the books coming out from the Marc Lasry Collection. hm

Just mailed my check for September off about two days ago, and now gearing up for the next one to start tonight. Maybe it is just me, but these seem to be stacked up a bit closer than they used to be when I discovered Clink...

Just mailed my check for September off about two days ago, and now gearing up for the next one to start tonight. Maybe it is just me, but these seem to be stacked up a bit closer than they used to be when I discovered Clink...

There's some weird spacing this time but its the same number of auctions a yaer

One ends and the next one starts up (or so it seems). The bad things is they all pretty much have the same batch of books each time so they all blend together at some point.

One ends and the next one starts up (or so it seems). The bad things is they all pretty much have the same batch of books each time so they all blend together at some point.

There are a few less expensive books I'm considering taking a run at in this auction. I spent some pretty serious coin (for me) in September on some books I really wanted, so October will be about smaller books and deals (and hoping to have a reasonable bankroll for Alamo City).

Seemed like an OK price - but GPA hi/lo is 103/250 :shrug:

:think: I suppose the final verdict will come when I crack it out.

RAD091C920161012_112622.jpg

Only one win.

This was on the Exchange prior to the auction for almost $1K more than the hammer price. Actually sort of surprised as I was at a Steve Vai concert and just threw a conservative bid in before I left.

aaf_8_zpsdkddkpy5.jpg

Between that win, the guitar fiesta, the Cavs & the Tribe, it was a pretty good Tuesday night in Cleveland :)

-bc

Only one win.

This was on the Exchange prior to the auction for almost $1K more than the hammer price. Actually sort of surprised as I was at a Steve Vai concert and just threw a conservative bid in before I left.

aaf_8_zpsdkddkpy5.jpg

-bc

Gorgeous book! I was tempted to take a run at it, but chose to stick with my 7.0 for now.

I was 0-2 on some fairly conservative bids. Not sure if I will take a run at anything today or not.

Only one win.

aaf_8_zpsdkddkpy5.jpg

-bc

Gorgeous book! I was tempted to take a run at it, but chose to stick with my 7.0 for now.

I was 0-2 on some fairly conservative bids. Not sure if I will take a run at anything today or not.

I see what you did there Mr. Avatar-gave-it-away :)

Good luck in the series!

-bc

First win in ages.

Not a particularly memorable DD book but I was missing it in my set.

RADA66C220161012_112426.jpg

Well, it became a bit more memorable later: Bendis wrote a direct sequel to that story in his first crack at Daredevil.

It's "Wake Up," in Daredevil (vol. 2) # 16-19, and it's a masterpiece.

The collected edition is also available on Amazon as Daredevil: Volume 3.