• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

Actually sort of surprised as I was at a Steve Vai concert and just threw a conservative bid in before I left.

Vai is coming through town this weekend. Is he worth seeing?

Yes! He did the entire Passion and Warfare album (straight thru) along with at least a dozen other tunes. Show in Cleveland was almost 2 and a half hours with no intermission and his guitar work was amazing.

Band was tight (Dave Weiner on second guitar always helps) - same drummer from the Where the Wild Things Are shows and his old bass player from the Passion days.

Had some cool video montages with Satriani and other guitarists, even showed some old Zappa clips with a very young Steve.

But he is showing his age, during "The Audience is Listening" he had to stop as he had Evo instead of Flo (his guitars which have different tunings). And he did a lot of hand flexing/shaking between songs, but for a 56 old, he still had his stage presence in full swing.

Might want some light ear protection - I didn't have any and my ears rang for two days.

-bc

How is that only a 7.5? Awesome book!

I could only guess significant back cover or interior damage; folds, rips, stains.

How is that only a 7.5? Awesome book!

I could only guess significant back cover or interior damage; folds, rips, stains.

You drunk, Lizzie?

I wasn't at the time I posted that...., but yes.

What's up mystie?

This was originally mine until July 2016. I sold it to someone on eBay at a strong price that I could not refuse. That buyer (who was SOOOO excited to add it to their collection) auctioned it off on CLink. It was brought to my attention by another boardie that it was in this month's listing.

I've been saving... but it was too much fun to get it back into my hands.

Original Cost + Cost to reacquire it is still way less than the price I sold it for on eBay.

Penciller: Carmine Infantino

Inker: Bob Oksner

RAD1EEED20161010_174515.jpg

Anyone bidding in the current Featured Auction?
Does a bear.... Nah too easy.
so does the pope..., all my tracking bids have been outbid