• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

Some of those high grade Lois Lanes and Jimmy's closed at the cost of slabbing only. I wish I had gotten in on them.

I would have bid stronger on more LLs, but the GL 3 was a surprise - never thought it would go that low, but still a lot for me. Anyway, with that in the bag, I was worried about what else I would win.

Bids seemed all over the place in this one. Lots of books I was watching went WAY over what I would consider the norm, and some I was shocked at how cheaply they sold for.

It happens at every auction to some degree, but this one seemed more pronounced to me. :shrug:

Maybe everybody's trying to save up some money in hopes of picking up a few books from the Marc Lasry Collection. hm

Or not, unless there's some bargains hopefully that get missed with such a big collection hitting the marketplace at one time. :wishluck:

Someone got a good deal on a midgrade Marvel Tales #128 (UFO cover)... it was a late add to the auction (it wasnt listed when the auction opened, but was added in the last couple weeks).

I ended up passing on all my watch books... Thought the prices on the Spaceman run were good, a couple were slight deals, and I was happy to see the #5 show a nice price.

The Strange Worlds #1 went ridiculously cheap ($100 or so) . It's not the "key cover" in the title (4,5 wood covers) but it previously did well... that's a price that's less than 1/2 of GPA I think, yeah its a midgrade copy but...

Meanwhile the Strange Worlds 5 and 6 went for well over GPA.

Nice... Glad to see it went to a boardie. I was a bidder on that one as well.

Thank you sir. I missed on the 42 and 50. Did you end up with any?

No I capped my spending limit after missing out on the 45 as I had upgraded an ASM. I checked out this morning.

Surprised no one brought up the Art session...lots of interesting pieces and sketches by big time artists, and they were going for (what I thought) bargain prices. Not a lot of published work, mind you, but a Crow sketch by O'Barr, or a Punisher piece by Tim Bradstreet were pretty nifty additions I thought for a regular monthly auction.

Nah... I am curbing my spending...

I did upgrade an ASM book that was on my radar for awhile.

I have a couple of minor purchases left in me then I think I am going on a hiatus for quite some time... as far as buying goes.

I have a couple of minor purchases left in me then I think I am going on a hiatus for quite some time... as far as buying goes.

The most infamous of Famous Last Words around here! :D

Surprised no one brought up the Art session...lots of interesting pieces and sketches by big time artists, and they were going for (what I thought) bargain prices. Not a lot of published work, mind you, but a Crow sketch by O'Barr, or a Punisher piece by Tim Bradstreet were pretty nifty additions I thought for a regular monthly auction.

I was anticipating seeing some Copper/Moderns or some bottom feeding from the assorted stuff on the last day, but for whatever reason we don't get a lot of art shown off in these threads. It is possible that that stuff gets paraded in the OA room and doesn't make it into General.

The most infamous of Famous Last Words around here! :D

Ohhhhh I've sold off a LOT of things this year. Have something on my radar.

it was a weird auction.

I didn't get the book I wanted. So if you are the person that outbid me by $10 on that Boys Double Cover I will pay $250 USD shipped to my house. That's $140 more than you paid. :o :o :o

Won these

RADAE460201684_141542_zpse8pqw1os.jpg

RAD9406E2016816_11411_zpsiyb8zklw.jpg

RAD679412016831_143519_zps5u37ssio.jpg

RAD687FD2016810_163148_zpsclqvikbr.jpg

Also some kind of weird CGC Daredevil 111 9.6 Second Print.