• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Comiclink auction thread, post 'em if you got 'em

1,141 posts in this topic

As a first-time seller I noticed some of my books are selling well (around GPA with a few over) and some books selling $100-$250 below GPA. All in all, it's averaging out to be where I expect it. I have to keep reminding myself to look at the whole picture. There's a few individual books that broke my heart

As a first-time seller I noticed some of my books are selling well (around GPA with a few over) and some books selling $100-$250 below GPA. All in all, it's averaging out to be where I expect it. I have to keep reminding myself to look at the whole picture. There's a few individual books that broke my heart

Man, I know that feeling.

Outbid all all but one, the only one I really hope to get and did more than place a tracking bid.

What do people think of the hammer prices so far?

I'm already bid out - nothing I can justify another bid on this go-around.

Marvel Premiere 1 at 9.6 went a bit less than I thought, but it's not that attractive, at least to me, considering it's a 9.6. Weird wrap and that obvious corner flaw though.

gift grade

And then I saw the Hooded Menace #NN CGC 6.5 (WHATEVER THAT IS) and had to have it.

that was the only book I was tracking that I thought was still a good value as of a few hours before auction close... I'll have to go see where it ended,

it is a very cool book for sure.

The easy answer is the other bidder who pushed the unsigned book up to $2500. Auctions are funny. More thoughtful answer is not all comic collectors collect signature series.

Some view it as defacement. Personally, I would never pay more for a Sig Series - always less.

I picked up Marvel Premiere #15 Signature Series 9.6 for $1,200 less than a 9.6 without it. What am I missing?

http://comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RADC740F20161116_154915.jpg

http://comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RADF5D3D20161019_14235.jpg

Were you bidding on the unsigned book and took the concession prize of the signed one?

If not I'd assume either

a) the losing bidder who bid up the blue MP15 didnt have time to turn around and bid up the sig series version in an effort to still win a MP15.

or

b) the losing bidder on the blue MP15 doesnt like SS books and didnt join in the bidding on it.

The easy answer is the other bidder who pushed the unsigned book up to $2500. Auctions are funny. More thoughtful answer is not all comic collectors collect signature series.

Some view it as defacement. Personally, I would never pay more for a Sig Series - always less.

Ditto, writing on the cover is a defect which is why the SS grades are the same as green label (qualified) grades. (thumbs u

personally, never understood the cache of Stan's sig on a book he didn't write or the initial appearance of character he didn't create but to each his own