• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

May Heritage Auction

587 posts in this topic

The early pages do not come up often. Most of them sold early (like 2003-2009 timeframe) and are still in private collections. Raphael #1 came up for sale from Kevin directly last year, but the best page was already bought by some jerk :banana:.

18180546770_a29aa86dfb.jpg

Didn't see this response.. But yes ! Someone bought the best page right away or even before he posted all the pages.. But the book still had some decent battle pages which are gone now as well..

:gossip: I'm the jerk.

The early pages do not come up often. Most of them sold early (like 2003-2009 timeframe) and are still in private collections. Raphael #1 came up for sale from Kevin directly last year, but the best page was already bought by some jerk :banana:.

Didn't see this response.. But yes ! Someone bought the best page right away or even before he posted all the pages.. But the book still had some decent battle pages which are gone now as well..

lol that's funny... Awesome page dude..

Love the Ronin poster in the back!

lol that's funny... Awesome page dude..

Love the Ronin poster in the back!

Really love that final panel. Boom! There's Casey Jones!

WOW, that guy bought the X-Men #95 cover art in 1976 for what, $30 dollars or so? That is quite the ROI!!!

As interesting to me as the high price the cover fetched is where it wound up. It's been overseas for 40 years?? makes me wonder what other lost treasures are buried in far off collections.

very cool, thanks for sharing.

WOW, that guy bought the X-Men #95 cover art in 1976 for what, $30 dollars or so? That is quite the ROI!!!

The guy must've been from a relatively well-off family, and obviously had a supportive father. If I'd asked my dad in 1976 to spend around 15-20 Pounds, which at the time was a lot of money for a comic, let alone for OA (which was virtually unknown), the only thing I would've gotten is the back of his hand.

As interesting to me as the high price the cover fetched is where it wound up. It's been overseas for 40 years?? makes me wonder what other lost treasures are buried in far off collections.

It's well known that foreigner don't buy American comics and OA.

The guy must've been from a relatively well-off family, and obviously had a supportive father. If I'd asked my dad in 1976 to spend around 15-20 Pounds, which at the time was a lot of money for a comic, let alone for OA (which was virtually unknown), the only thing I would've gotten is the back of his hand.

Likewise. I distinctly remember my father wouldn't even spring $2.99 for a Chewbacca figure at Bradlee's in 1977. That bs has haunted me ever since and I finally resolved it last year by spending $3k for a AFA 90 example. Strikes me that's approximately the same ROI as the X-Men cover (and not even 1/10th as cool!) When I shared with him, he basically said, "still stupid, I see."

BBC at the auction:

Consignor of X-MEN #95 cover featured, along with a few familiar faces.

"We bought it because we loved the art"

Can't go wrong with this philosophy in collecting.

"We bought it because we loved the art"

Can't go wrong with this philosophy in collecting.

Sure you can. Happens probably a hundred times every day in this hobby alone. Not every beloved piece bought is or ever will be X-Men 95 cover lol

Then again, taking a 40 year 'total loss' on 15 or 20 GBP (even inflation adjusted) is hardly notable in the big picture, but 40 years of loving what's on your wall or in a portfolio...(as they say) priceless :)

It's well known that foreigner don't buy American comics and OA.

lol

anyone have their art shipped yet?

Yes, my art arrived on Tuesday. Fastest turnaround I've ever had from them.

i haven't even gotten a shipping notification yet. in my past experiences, it's been very fast.