• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

Again, you don't know me, my motivations, or what I paid for any of my books. But let me assure you that I can afford to buy and hold my book and never sell, not even to purchase other books, so if the price of every book in my collection (including my beloved Cap 1 or AF 15) dropped to "0" I would still relish owning them just as much. (thumbs u

-J.

Your Cap 1 is safe, AF15 will correct hard

I believe RMA is currently banned. If I was RMA I would be banned for having a shill account.

Your motivations are easily deduced though. You have a significant monetary investment in a bunch of modern incentive variants. It is in your best interest to continue to promote these books to help ensure they remain desirable. This is why most of your posts in these "artist appreciation" threads have very little to do with the artist or his work and instead very much to do with the value of the artist's work. You can't help but post a link whenever one of these books comes up for sale nor can you sit quietly when someone questions their actual rarity.

I think its a trend in the hobby. Some people after seeing the Campbell bubble start to expand, bought up a lot of Dell'Otto variants, and then helped to foment a Dell'Otto bubble to mirror the Campbell one.

The Venom variant garbage again is an identical board creation.

I collect Journey Into Mystery, as well from pull list, and absolutely head over heals LOVE young Loki story. Up there with Brubaker Captain America, and Old Man Logan, Planet Hulk, as a modern day classic.

I have multiples of the variants from the run(and want more), there are many 1:50, all about evenly priced. Some a bit more than others, based on the quality of the cover. Then one day the board spec. pumpers decide that Venom Variants are a thing to hype....

Exactly like the Winter Soldier Dell'Otto variant, a small group of people after buying copies, caused a mania on Venom Variants via the boards, and suddenly its "sooooooooooooo hard to find" and absurdly expensive.

Yet it remains no rarer, then the many other 1:50 variants from the same series, same print runs, some smaller, that are available, because they havent been board hyped.

I've seen the other Venom covers for the new book. I'm assuming you have too.

And yeah, it's the best one of the bunch by far. lol

You give far more weight to the goings-on around here than it deserves IMO. These boards are not supposed to make you feel spiteful and bitter. Monetary considerations aside, they're supposed to be fun. But factoring in the monetary considerations, like Lethal_Collector said a few pages back, you win some, you lose some. But you should probably take a break from the hobby if you're no longer enjoying it, and cannot handle taking what you perceive as being bad with the good of what you feel does work.

-J.

Again , when you voluntarily, knowingly, and repeatedly go into an artist's (or book's) "appreciation thread" and then whine about people talking about his books, they're availability at any given time, what they sell for , etc., you demonstrate a fundamental lack of understanding of not only that thread , but perhaps these boards in general.

Contrary to your evidently cynical view of everything, some of us are indeed just collectors, don't have anything to sell, and are simply enthusiastic owners and participants in the hobby. Not all of us are dealers (even if most of us seem to be), and at the end of the day, nobody is forcing your reading or participation in any of these threads.

-J.

You frequently bumping the various artist appreciation threads in the modern section has very little to do with just being an enthusiastic owner. When someone, this someone being you, feels the need to post every time one of these "rare" books is listed for sale while constantly talking about the value and denouncing opinions and facts that don't align with your narratives, its painfully obvious its not just about appreciation for the artist. Get real.

Since you seem to butt heads with everyone in every thread across every subforum perhaps it is you who should look inside and ask yourself if you possess an understanding of this forum. Cue the condescending smiley usage.

-D.

Thanks for the input RMA but it's pretty much always the same small determined cast of characters that I "butt heads" with. You don't know me or my motivations, and no one is forcing you to enter and read any of these threads either, so again , please keep your personal swipes to yourself.

-J.

I believe RMA is currently banned. If I was RMA I would be banned for having a shill account.

Your motivations are easily deduced though. You have a significant monetary investment in a bunch of modern incentive variants. It is in your best interest to continue to promote these books to help ensure they remain desirable. This is why most of your posts in these "artist appreciation" threads have very little to do with the artist or his work and instead very much to do with the value of the artist's work. You can't help but post a link whenever one of these books comes up for sale nor can you sit quietly when someone questions their actual rarity.

lol Now this is just utterly insipid, and I know that is you RMA, the administrators of this site have no way of stopping someone from creating or detecting a duplicate account. Someone would have to be completely naive to not spot the near identical posting style , tone, comments and opinion set that this character has (as well as one or two others that you've created) to your primary account name.

Again, you don't know me, my motivations, or what I paid for any of my books. But let me assure you that I can afford to buy and hold my book and never sell, not even to purchase other books, so if the price of every book in my collection (including my beloved Cap 1 or AF 15) dropped to "0" I would still relish owning them just as much. (thumbs u

-J.

I think they have the same distaste for your actions and point of view, but I don't think its the same person. And I think RMA is far more verbose and prefers to address each point while pretending to ask you for your opinions in just-a-little-condescending way.

I think Darkstar is more direct in terms of disdain.

There are some phrases that are shared by both but I think that's just because this particular argument has been hashed and rehashed so many times. I don't think many people see their writing style as the same.

-J.

Thanks you for the feedback. Not selling either, either way. (thumbs u

-J.

Again , when you voluntarily, knowingly, and repeatedly go into an artist's (or book's) "appreciation thread" and then whine about people talking about his books, they're availability at any given time, what they sell for , etc., you demonstrate a fundamental lack of understanding of not only that thread , but perhaps these boards in general.

Contrary to your evidently cynical view of everything, some of us are indeed just collectors, don't have anything to sell, and are simply enthusiastic owners and participants in the hobby. Not all of us are dealers (even if most of us seem to be), and at the end of the day, nobody is forcing your reading or participation in any of these threads.

-J.

You frequently bumping the various artist appreciation threads in the modern section has very little to do with just being an enthusiastic owner. When someone, this someone being you, feels the need to post every time one of these "rare" books is listed for sale while constantly talking about the value and denouncing opinions and facts that don't align with your narratives, its painfully obvious its not just about appreciation for the artist. Get real.

Since you seem to butt heads with everyone in every thread across every subforum perhaps it is you who should look inside and ask yourself if you possess an understanding of this forum. Cue the condescending smiley usage.

-D.

Thanks for the input RMA but it's pretty much always the same small determined cast of characters that I "butt heads" with. You don't know me or my motivations, and no one is forcing you to enter and read any of these threads either, so again , please keep your personal swipes to yourself.

-J.

lol Now this is just utterly insipid, and I know that is you RMA, the administrators of this site have no way of stopping someone from creating or detecting a duplicate account. Someone would have to be completely naive to not spot the near identical posting style , tone, comments and opinion set that this character has (as well as one or two others that you've created) to your primary account name.

-J.

Well now this is interesting. RMA is not darkstar. Darkstart is not RMA. But making things up seems to be in accordance with the thread. lol

-J.

(thumbs u

I may not agree with everything you say (though I actually agree with much of it), but if nothing else I respect and appreciate your general tendency to keep the debate civil and above the belt. :foryou:

-J.

-J.

(thumbs u

I may not agree with everything you say (though I actually agree with much of it), but if nothing else I respect and appreciate your general tendency to keep the debate civil and above the belt. :foryou:

-J.

Cheers :foryou:

-J.

(thumbs u

-J.

...I have no horse in this race, and I generally respect and pay attention to the viewpoints that each of you have posted over the years. That being said, I would suspect that the truth of this variant debate lies somewhere in the middle of the two opposing viewpoints (shrug) GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...... the Modern market is hungry for "keys" with staying power..... over time, some will prove to have that, for whatever the reasons may be..... and let's face it, the vintage market (of almost anything)has never been driven by logic and sanity.....

...I have no horse in this race, and I generally respect and pay attention to the viewpoints that each of you have posted over the years. That being said, I would suspect that the truth of this variant debate lies somewhere in the middle of the two opposing viewpoints (shrug) GOD BLESS...

...... the Modern market is hungry for "keys" with staying power..... over time, some will prove to have that, for whatever the reasons may be..... and let's face it, the vintage market (of almost anything)has never been driven by logic and sanity.....

a good point, and well said.

Totally agree +1

Jerome

Totally agree +1

Jerome

+2

Can always count on jimbo to steady the ship.

-J.

..... I've often wondered if somewhere in retail America, an LCS owner may have accidentally received a couple cases of ASM 667 variants instead of the regular editions that they ordered..... GOD BLESS....

lol Now this is just utterly insipid, and I know that is you RMA, the administrators of this site have no way of stopping someone from creating or detecting a duplicate account.

Stop from creating, no. Detecting? Unless the user takes necessary technical steps to mask himself, then it is very much in the power of the site admins/mods to detect a users dup accounts. Perhaps this too is over your head though.

Someone would have to be completely naive to not spot the near identical posting style , tone, comments and opinion set that this character has (as well as one or two others that you've created) to your primary account name.

Except I've bought and sold here under my real name, which is not RMA's real name. Also I am not nearly as knowledgeable as RMA, in regards to comics anyway.

I don't need to know you to understand or figure out your motivations. They were outlined above; per usual the relevant details of a post directed towards you went ignored. Your interest in these books is not limited to an appreciation of the artist, so please stop pretending that it is.

Also except for full time dealers, I would hope that everyone here could afford to handle a scenario in which the value of all of their books went to zero, otherwise they probably shouldn't be buying them.

lol Now this is just utterly insipid, and I know that is you RMA, the administrators of this site have no way of stopping someone from creating or detecting a duplicate account.

Stop from creating, no. Detecting? Unless the user takes necessary technical steps to mask himself, then it is very much in the power of the site admins/mods to detect a users dup accounts. Perhaps this too is over your head though.

proxies are pretty universally accessible these days, not picking sides, just saying

it's not rocket science.