• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Celebrate Dell'Otto!
15 15

4,993 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, fastballspecial said:

Im curious to know why buy the B/W cover. I realize its more limited, but I think its the color that makes it pop.

I only get them when I buy the set of 3. I like the color or virgin ones much better.

3 hours ago, Archaeon90 said:

Dell Otto drawing westerns.....Had to add it to my collection.

xepefa.jpg

don't blow up my spot, I've been secretly hoarding these...

On 2/14/2017 at 10:23 AM, Hickok8AA8 said:

The latest from the Dell'Otto retailer trifecta; Frankie's, 7ate9 and Sadlemon.

Color: 3000

B&W: 1500

Virgin: 600

Ultimate: 250 (9.8 CBCS only) with special label, and "art change"

img_7881.jpg

This is the first Dell' Otto I fell in love with. Amazing work. I would probably like more of his work if he drew Venoms' eyes less Larson-like.

9 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

While I like the colors, I like the other virgin one better. I got both, so Ill probably offload one of them.

I agree the blue background is way better. I got the ultimate edition, and raw copies of the regular virgin set. Won't offload either. Will crack the cbcs and submit to cgc. What I don't get is why they didn't work with cgc. Their guaranteed 9.8s are through cgc.

Hard to go wrong with blue and gold.

But what I meant earlier was many of his covers are a figure floating in some sort of void or maybe it's supposed to be nighttime in the rain (as in this instance, I believe that is what the intention was)... I'm not sure. I'd like to see some more environment work, but I do like this Iron Fist cover.

35 minutes ago, obsidian00 said:

I didn't see anyone post this but this is the art direction they have taken for the "ultimate" virgin edition.

s-l1600.jpg

So this is a digital retouch of the coloring to the virgin cover and not a new art change as the misleading ad suggested.

What a pile of garbage.  Looks worse then the original virgin, B&W and color.

Super pi$$ed off I wasted my money on that junk.

51 minutes ago, rush_6 said:

Good questions. I have also heard that is not the actual cover just a mock up.. hopfully the real version will be alot better i will hold judgment until then.

Interesting ...... I had no idea this was just a mock up.   The ads are a bit misleading (shrug)

6 hours ago, SquareChaos said:

Hard to go wrong with blue and gold.

But what I meant earlier was many of his covers are a figure floating in some sort of void or maybe it's supposed to be nighttime in the rain (as in this instance, I believe that is what the intention was)... I'm not sure. I'd like to see some more environment work, but I do like this Iron Fist cover.

Are you kidding ?

He paints full on environments all the time as well.

You must not have seen his ASM #24 that was just released today even. Beautiful cover.  :cloud9:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

Just now, Jaydogrules said:

Are you kidding ?

He does full on environments all the time as well.

You must not have seen his ASM #24 that was just released today even. Beautiful cover.  :cloud9:

-J.

Didn't say he never does, I said I'd like to see more of it. Time consuming for him to do it I'm sure.