• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Spring Auction

359 posts in this topic

$17.8K for the Infantino Flash cover!

Seems cheap for a SA Infantino Flash cover, even if it's been restored.

the resto is what got it that price

And the small art size.

I think they went hand in hand.

I was thinking the resto is what got it a price bump, not decrease

Burkey had it sitting pre resto on his site for around half what it sold for here

I know this is close to the end of the SA, but SA Flash covers would likely go for roughly 2.5x this price, so there has to be more going on than just 11 x 17 (all just imo)

That's the market; Adams price didn't seem high.

I thought it was a blah page and would have guessed lower.

Rarity and some X-Men on page helped.

Neal Adams Marvel work on X-Men and Avengers with Palmer Inks seems to be in great demand always, regardless of rendering. I was hoping to eventually get even a sub-standard piece for around $6k, but doubt if that'll ever happen.

Neal Adams Marvel work on X-Men and Avengers with Palmer Inks seems to be in great demand always, regardless of rendering. I was hoping to eventually get even a sub-standard piece for around $6k, but doubt if that'll ever happen.

Could have had one in the February HA for under $3k if memory serves.

Ron

So what would a good Adams interior X-Men page go for?

Oh right - that was the laminated one. The buyer brought it to the NJ Comic Art Con in March. I thought it was a good buy, actually.

So what would a good Adams interior X-Men page go for?

20k?

And the small art size.

Burkey had it sitting pre resto on his site for around half what it sold for here

I know this is close to the end of the SA, but SA Flash covers would likely go for roughly 2.5x this price, so there has to be more going on than just 11 x 17 (all just imo)

Didn't the ones going in the 40's and above come from the early 60's?

I know the difference in Marvel small art to large art is pretty huge.

Gary Leach Blue Beetle #23 cover at $4K? What's going on here? (shrug)

That cover is fricken gorgeous...the composition and execution is just stellar.

Oh right - that was the laminated one. The buyer brought it to the NJ Comic Art Con in March. I thought it was a good buy, actually.

I have a personal preference problem with artwork that's laminated, adhered to another board or altered in any way. I don't mind condition problems, like rips and tears, just not alterations or aesthetic defects (I get a bit irritated by missing dialogue or replacement panels taped on the back, even when an artist signs the artwork inside of the artwork or there's personalized / dedication inscribed), which makes buying decisions in a way easier, since some items are automatically disqualified as a consideration for me. I know I'm odd :)

Just won my bid. :cloud9:

Daredevil or Iron Man? Couldn't go wrong either way,

And the small art size.

Didn't the ones going in the 40's and above come from the early 60's?

I know the difference in Marvel small art to large art is pretty huge.

Yeah, I think all the covers that have come to market (that I'm remembering right now) were late 1964 or earlier.

Side note- I know it's apples and oranges to an extent, but a cover I remember that's pretty close date wise to this latest one would be Superman 199 (while it's a Supes cover, it's still Infantino/Anderson Flash). I think that one was sold on HA maybe 15 years ago for around 40K? Wonder what that baby would pull now.

Romita Sr. Captain America cover vs. Romita Jr. X-men 211 cover

33K vs. 51K :o

Who would have thought Jr. Was going to outsell Sr.?

Especially with the condition issues of the X-men cover, I certainly did not see that coming.

Congrats to the seller.

Cheers!

N.