• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

On 4/26/2022 at 8:46 PM, Bosco685 said:

Before 2016 when the CW Arrowverse was already doing the DC Multiverse?

I hit enter too soon before I edited in the rest in the above.

Honestly, the TV shows are different though.  Prior to Disney+ I don't think you had to be invested in these shows to enjoy the movies.   I honestly never watched Agents of Shield, Inhumans, Agent Carter, Daredevil Season 3, Punisher Season 2, Runaways... 

Just too much. 

Never watched the Arrowverse - I have never commented on a single thread regarding it because I have nothing to say as there is no line. 

But the reason I bring that up is because... and I might get something thrown at me for this.

You have Keaton as Batman.  Keaton as Batman.  The attraction to this movie is seeing Keaton in the suit again, acting as Batman and with the bonus of knowing that Warner Brothers isn't done with him yet because Batgirl is coming out.   So with that, is this more of a Batman movie or a Flash movie?  Because Batman has way more recognition as a property than the Flash or Green Arrow.  I am not saying that Green Arrow and that whole universe was bad.  Apparently it was great.  But Batman traditionally has had more widespread appeal. 

Marvel as a property has turned itself into "an event" every time they release a new movie.  

I don't know... repeating that don't know... if the people that will see Dr Strange and Batman have seen the Arrowverse.  I am going to guess here that Batman has more of a widespread appeal and draws people in that have not watched the TV series.  The same is said with Dr Strange and not because of Dr Strange but because of "Marvel" and that they are still riding the coattails of Avengers. 

On 4/26/2022 at 8:54 PM, Buzzetta said:

I hit enter too soon before I edited in the rest in the above.

Honestly, the TV shows are different though.  Prior to Disney+ I don't think you had to be invested in these shows to enjoy the movies.   I honestly never watched Agents of Shield, Inhumans, Agent Carter, Daredevil Season 3, Punisher Season 2, Runaways... 

Just too much. 

Never watched the Arrowverse - I have never commented on a single thread regarding it because I have nothing to say as there is no line. 

But the reason I bring that up is because... and I might get something thrown at me for this.

You have Keaton as Batman.  Keaton as Batman.  The attraction to this movie is seeing Keaton in the suit again, acting as Batman and with the bonus of knowing that Warner Brothers isn't done with him yet because Batgirl is coming out.   So with that, is this more of a Batman movie or a Flash movie?  Because Batman has way more recognition as a property than the Flash or Green Arrow.  I am not saying that Green Arrow and that whole universe was bad.  Apparently it was great.  But Batman traditionally has had more widespread appeal. 

Marvel as a property has turned itself into "an event" every time they release a new movie.  

I don't know... repeating that don't know... if the people that will see Dr Strange and Batman have seen the Arrowverse.  I am going to guess here that Batman has more of a widespread appeal and draws people in that have not watched the TV series.  The same is said with Dr Strange and not because of Dr Strange but because of "Marvel" and that they are still riding the coattails of Avengers. 

Thanks for sharing

BTW... not to beat a dead horse because I did not go looking for this... I stumbled across it.

Back in HS and college everyone was still watching SNL with Rock, Farley, and Sander in the cast and then eventually that Will Ferrell Cast.   I had read something that the only time Farley hosted the show he was a mess.  Sadly, Chris Farley would die two months later.   Supposedly SNL does not air that episode because you can tell that Farley is not doing well at all. 

The in joke is that he is already off the rails and needs people to bring him out.

Why do I mention this.  Within the first few minutes, Michaels and Chevy Chase reference Robert Downey Jr's drug habit and relapses.  

It really was in the public eye and teenagers and people in their early 20's were exposed enough to it that it was a source of reference across various programming. 

Michael Shannon is returning to the DCEU as his General Zod from Man of Steel is set to appear in The Flash. The DCEU is getting closer to finally releasing the Flash film, which has been in development since October 2014. Nearly eight years ago, Ezra Miller got cast as the first cinematic iteration of Barry Allen, better known as the fastest man alive in the DC Universe. While being cast almost a decade ago, The Flash got stuck in development hell as the project went through multiple directors and writers before finally landing with Andy Muschietti and Christina Hodson, respectively.

On 4/29/2022 at 3:35 PM, ▫️ said:

I’m not going to let the fact that Ezra is an annoying train wreck ruin this movie for me. 

Because

9F0A0207-5C80-4D64-A1CF-3EDD3457CF27.png

I'm not going to let anyone's personal lives prevent me from being open-minded to enjoying The Flash. The movie will earn its praise and/or criticism on its own merits. Everyone else involved deserves a fair shake, and even Miller will deserve praise if his performance is great.

On 5/2/2022 at 7:42 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I'm not going to let anyone's personal lives prevent me from being open-minded to enjoying The Flash. The movie will earn its praise and/or criticism on its own merits. Everyone else involved deserves a fair shake, and even Miller will deserve praise if his performance is great.

If this movie can take the character and sense of wonder of the Flash using his power as in ZS'JL, it will be pretty good. 

The merger of Discovery and Warner Bros. continues to shake up Hollywood this week, and everyone is asking what will happen with the future of DC Comics superhero properties. Atop the list of project and franchise speculation is The Flash, after star Ezra Miller made the news again for a series of disturbing events that leave his involvement with the franchise in question. With several indications Miller could exit the series, I look at the top five actors who can take over if Warner Bros.-Discovery recasts the role of the Flash.

Warner Bros.-Discovery housecleaning got underway quickly after the recent merger, including cancellation of all scripted series at TBS and TNT, an end to most of the CW DC superhero series, and likely imminent selling of CW itself — mean an end to any remaining DC holdover shows, which will either be cancelled as well or move exclusively to HBO Max.

Here are my top five picks for recasting Barry Allen, aka the Flash, in future DCEU projects...

• Mike Faist — This 30 year old actor’s general physical resemblance to Miller, plus great experience as a performer and dancer (especially helpful for this Flash’s physicality) makes him a top candidate for the current version of Barry Allen.
  • Dev Patel — 32 year old Patel would be a more serious-skewing turn for the Flash. That’s not to say he can’t still have a sense of humor, but rather that Patel’s sensibilities are less irreverent or ironic than Miller’s approach to Barry Allen.
  • Harry Styles — The 28 year old musician and actor can bring an alternate twist to Barry Allen, still fun and irreverent but also a little more introspective and perhaps even melancholy, which might fit Barry Allen’s mood after The Flash.
  • Brandon Soo Hoo — At 26 years old and with strong comedic sensibilities, Soo Hoo is an excellent casting option for the current incarnation of Barry Allen, capable of layering Barry Allen’s cheekiness with the dramatic weight of what he’s seen and done.
  • Lucas Hedges — 25 year old Hedges would be a good dramatic choice to take over as Barry Allen, especially if the goal were to move more toward drama and soft rom-com sensibilities (like the Flash’s CW series, which happens to be similar to an MCU style).

With the Forbes site being one of those that stays plugged into WB Studios happenings, I wonder if this is signs to come?

On 5/8/2022 at 6:49 PM, Bosco685 said:

With the Forbes site being one of those that stays plugged into WB Studios happenings, I wonder if this is signs to come?

I'd go with Mike Faist or Dev Patel.