• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,178 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2022 at 9:45 AM, Wolverinex said:

Talk about an actor potentially having gone toward the crazy side rapidly. At least other celebrities have some form of support group to ease them into treatment.

On 6/11/2022 at 8:52 AM, Bosco685 said:

Talk about an actor potentially having gone toward the crazy side rapidly. At least other celebrities have some form of support group to ease them into treatment.

Maybe it wasn't rapid and we are just hearing about it all now?

If the grooming and giving drugs to a minor is true, Ezra's been troubled for a long time.

Remember when the floodgates opened on Bill Cosby? It could be that type situation, where years of hidden info becomes public.

To be fair, Cosby was accused and convicted of much worse than Miller's allegations.

On 6/11/2022 at 8:12 AM, D84 said:

Maybe it wasn't rapid and we are just hearing about it all now?

If the grooming and giving drugs to a minor is true, Ezra's been troubled for a long time.

Remember when the floodgates opened on Bill Cosby? It could be that type situation, where years of hidden info becomes public.

To be fair, Cosby was accused and convicted of much worse than Miller's allegations.

Art imitating life?

Implausible Psycho: “We Need to Talk About Kevin” | Film Quarterly

If Ezra was a year older, and Tokata only 15 or 16, this would be a Paul Walker case. 

Can this movie recover?  Bad press is one thing, this is reaching new levels.  I know it will be released as WB has likely $150 to $200 million, but what will the box office actually be after all of this? $300 to $400 million?

On 6/11/2022 at 5:40 PM, Sauce Dog said:

There is still over a YEAR until this move actually gets released...just boggles the mind trying to imagine how much more news is going to come out between now and then. 

Nothing good.

On 6/14/2022 at 6:08 PM, Buzzetta said:

Here is my prediction on this.   I am going to say that a trailer was already ready to go until Miller kept making headlines.  They were going to feature Keaton at the end as a "send the crowd home happy" moment.  Once Miller started making news they might have decided that they cannot cut Miller from the movie nor reduce the screen time but they can put a very likable face on the picture and want to feature more of Michael Keaton in the trailer than they had originally conceptualized so the prospect of Keaton returning to the Batsuit overshadows some of the Miller headlines.

IF and I mean IF they do this, I am hoping that they don't overdo it in the trailer. 

I think WB is smart enough to realize that no matter what goes on with Miller, that hiring Keaton again was a casting coup and that a sizable section of the audience might be more excited to see that aspect of the movie than the actual movie itself. 

Anyone who goes to see The Flash for Batman will be equally as disappointed as those going to see Black Adam for the JSA.

On 6/15/2022 at 8:06 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

Anyone who goes to see The Flash for Batman will be equally as disappointed as those going to see Black Adam for the JSA.

I will reserve that judgement upon the conclusion of viewing the film.  Like for me? I have no interest in the Flash.  I never have.  However, I like the concept that they are working with concerning their multiverse and am definitely showing up for the Keaton Batman.  

Im interested in the DC storyline and not the character of the Flash if that makes any sense.  You could swap in any DC character and I am curious as to how this will play out. 

On 6/15/2022 at 8:13 AM, Buzzetta said:

I will reserve that judgement upon the conclusion of viewing the film.  Like for me? I have no interest in the Flash.  I never have.  However, I like the concept that they are working with concerning their multiverse and am definitely showing up for the Keaton Batman.  

Im interested in the DC storyline and not the character of the Flash if that makes any sense.  You could swap in any DC character and I am curious as to how this will play out. 

Yes, that makes sense. Just like me with Captain Marvel. Didn't care about the character, just the story between Infinity War and Endgame.

I'm going to see The Flash because of ZSJL. His character was very compelling in that movie, and the way they were able to portray his powers was incredible. I'm hoping that this movie has more "wow" moments like that one had. Superman and The Flash are 2 characters that can standout with today's VFX.