• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,177 posts in this topic

:bump:

On 4/25/2023 at 11:02 PM, Dark Knight said:

:news:

I was fortunate and lucky enough to have been invited to see a special screening of this movie last night at Warner Bros Studio. I had high expectations that this movie will be great, fun and a huge success. Well guess what, it met all those expectations! I think this movie is probably a top 3 DC movie of all time. From the time the movie started until it ended, I just had a huge smile on my face! It hit every single emotion in my body. It was action packed, great storyline introducing the multiverse DC style, had a lot of humor and funny moments which were well done and not corny at all, and had a big moment for me towards the end where I almost teared up. A few people I saw in the theater were likely tearing up a bit judging by how they had their finger on their face wiping it down. It's something everyone can relate to really. 

Oh and Michael Keaton as Batman! He did an amazing job reprising his role and had some nostalgic lines from his original Batman movies. He actually had a lot of screen time than I expected which was a huge plus. I just loved all his scenes and really took me back to those original 90s Batman movie: the song, the way he moved, etc. Affleck didn't really have much at all! 

I was worried with everything that is happening in the movie that it would be too much to show all at once, but I was wrong. Everything flowed very well and I felt nothing was rushed. 

As a bonus, the directors (Andy and Barbara, brother and sister) of the movie were sitting with us in the audience watching the movie and took a Q&A session. This was Andy's first time directing a superhero movie because his experience was more with horror flicks. They talked about the movie of course, also about Keaton and how they took him out to dinner and how he was just wearing a shirt and jogging pants as he jogged to the table when he approached them and then after dinner, jogged away with the ---script in his armpit and a huge smile on his face. Andy mentioned that his son now can appreciate seeing his dad in a Batman suit as an adult because he was only a baby when Keaton was in the Batman movies. Another thing too was that the Batcave in the movie was actually designed in a very large studio, i believe only the waterfall was CGI, but everything else was all made. He said that when Keaton was in his batsuit he wanted some time to soak it all in again and he asked Andy if he can take a picture of him in all his glory as Batman for his grandson.

Alot of info here I know. But the directors also talked about Flash's powers and how they had to leave some of them behind. The original movie was 4 hours long and it was cut to what it is now, some scenes during the pre screen needed some editing, but the final film will have some added scenes not shown in this preview.  I don't wanna give it away but there was one scene in particular at the very end I'm eager to see if they reveal something. Certainly a fun ride!!

They talked a bit about Ezra and his mental illness. They said he is doing fine and getting the therapy sessions he needed to be back in the big screen in the future, hopefully. His performance in the movie was excellent! Literally playing two different types of characters at the same time and having the dialogue lines between himself and others was just amazing! He really put his heart into this movie. The directors were saying that they had a lot of re-takes for scenes in the movie. Ezra wanted more they said because he wanted things to be perfect!

After the movie was done, food and drinks were served. Boy there was a lot to eat!! Pizza, hamburger sliders, salad, foods that were mostly seen in thr movie they were serving to us, donut holes, beer, soda, and even an indoor plant we can take home with the wooden plant vase designed with superhero themed art. Overall I had a very memorable experience and I will certainly look forward to seeing the film again on June 16!

We were told not to post anything until after 7:30 pm today so here it is.

20230424_181925.jpg

20230424_182117.jpg

20230424_214956.jpg

20230424_223554.jpg