• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

Well now that I've seen it, it was good, very eventful.

Didn't try on too much humor, but relied on story telling. Audience laughed several times, although it still plays to some events in reality that are internet memes and somehow fit.

Certain emotional aspects that are treated serious that are acted well, just not any comic I've hear of, nor anything I've read to be based on. I don't watch anything flash, but it was it's own kind of story for me, so stand alone for a first watch, but I can't speak to see if it affects the future.

It's worth noting that before the prescreen, they clarified this may of may not be what makes the final cut, but it started at 7:05 and ended 9:20, with no credits scenes just lights up and done. So idk, it was good though 

Screenshot_20230527_212808_Drive.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/27/2023 at 2:12 PM, drotto said:

IApparently, They just halved the projected box office on this movie.  They are saying $70 million opening weekend domestic.  This film in trouble?  

https://screenrant.com/the-flash-movie-box-office-opening-weekend-predictions/#:~:text=THR reports The Flash is,will boost these initial predictions.

missed this because IDC, but this would be disastrous

On 5/30/2023 at 10:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well now that I've seen it, it was good, very eventful.

Didn't try on too much humor, but relied on story telling. Audience laughed several times, although it still plays to some events in reality that are internet memes and somehow fit.

Certain emotional aspects that are treated serious that are acted well, just not any comic I've hear of, nor anything I've read to be based on. I don't watch anything flash, but it was it's own kind of story for me, so stand alone for a first watch, but I can't speak to see if it affects the future.

It's worth noting that before the prescreen, they clarified this may of may not be what makes the final cut, but it started at 7:05 and ended 9:20, with no credits scenes just lights up and done. So idk, it was good though 

Screenshot_20230527_212808_Drive.jpg

... the theater was located on Mockingbird Lane? Please tell me there is a 1313 Mockingbird Lane in your city. Please. 

On 5/31/2023 at 10:04 AM, eastriver400 said:

... the theater was located on Mockingbird Lane? Please tell me there is a 1313 Mockingbird Lane in your city. Please. 

I haven't checked, for what I assume is the Munsters house lol 

Like I said, no spoilers sound kind of boring, but I don't ever watch FLash stuff.... I enjoyed it, but it wasn't like ah the best thing I've ever... dot dot dot

But it had a LOT of presentation, that I think people will enjoy. Only a few things at the end that I would have maybe thought of differently, but I don't quibble too much with super hero stuff. I enjoyed it, just a little disappointed if the actual flick "cut" is going to have a lot of exciting "new" stuff in it lol 

who knows haha

On 5/31/2023 at 11:14 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I haven't checked, for what I assume is the Munsters house lol 

Like I said, no spoilers sound kind of boring, but I don't ever watch FLash stuff.... I enjoyed it, but it wasn't like ah the best thing I've ever... dot dot dot

But it had a LOT of presentation, that I think people will enjoy. Only a few things at the end that I would have maybe thought of differently, but I don't quibble too much with super hero stuff. I enjoyed it, just a little disappointed if the actual flick "cut" is going to have a lot of exciting "new" stuff in it lol 

who knows haha

You'll just have to go see the newer version and provide another stellar review

:bigsmile:

On 5/28/2023 at 1:54 PM, Straw-Man said:

i for one can't wait to see the flash.  but for b.o analysis, it is difficult to know what effect ezra being the conductor of the crazy train might have at the end of the day.   one of my law partners has 3 daughters, he takes them to all the s'hero movies [they liked ant man a little, shazam just a tad and loved guardians].   he asked me last week what was on the horizon, and i replied with the flash.  he asked if that's the one the ______ stars in, and i said yup; he said no way they go to that one, and you have to wonder how many will feel that way, kinda in a bud light/target sort of way.

Funny you say that. My 15 year old refuses to see the movie because of Ezra. Definitely had me wondering. 

Edited by eastriver400

On 6/2/2023 at 11:31 AM, eastriver400 said:

Hope he does Brave & the Bold justice.

Not sure what to think about that. On the one hand, it looks like he has some out-of-the-box vision with super-powered characters. On the other hand, people have noted unpolished VFX, so if that is the case with the final product then he may be better-suited to characters that require less visual effects.