• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

On 5/28/2023 at 10:43 AM, Gatsby77 said:

I don't remember negative buzz about this movie with regard to the delays and reshoots.

Because the narrative was always that Tom Cruise himself wanted to delay the film a full year+ to ensure they got the aerial shots right.

As you point out, the buzz for this film on this forum was mostly positive as soon as the teaser was released in December 2019. The more mainstream general audience buzz began with the Super Bowl spot in Feb. 2020.

And this film, not the last Bond film, was cast as the true bellwether for film blockbusters - whether audiences were really ready to return-to-theaters post-pandemic. 

While that question was solved months early by the theatrical successes of both No Time to Die and Spider-Man: No Way Home, Top Gun: Maverick was still seen as that litmus test even months before its eventual release.

Did that mean everyone thought it would do $1 bn.+ theatrical? No.

But any critic who now tries to characterize its success as a surprise, unanticipated or shocking - either wasn't paying attention or (more likely) is just willfully engaging in revisionist history now for clicks.

Top Gun: Maverick definitely set the stage that cinema was back in action in a major way. And why creators like Steven Spielberg were over-the-moon with its success.

But if you read the article, it summarizes the earlier rumors and assumption from the industry and with social media detracting from the film buzz.

i for one can't wait to see the flash.  but for b.o analysis, it is difficult to know what effect ezra being the conductor of the crazy train might have at the end of the day.   one of my law partners has 3 daughters, he takes them to all the s'hero movies [they liked ant man a little, shazam just a tad and loved guardians].   he asked me last week what was on the horizon, and i replied with the flash.  he asked if that's the one the ______ stars in, and i said yup; he said no way they go to that one, and you have to wonder how many will feel that way, kinda in a bud light/target sort of way.

On 5/28/2023 at 1:54 PM, Straw-Man said:

i for one can't wait to see the flash.  but for b.o analysis, it is difficult to know what effect ezra being the conductor of the crazy train might have at the end of the day.   one of my law partners has 3 daughters, he takes them to all the s'hero movies [they liked ant man a little, shazam just a tad and loved guardians].   he asked me last week what was on the horizon, and i replied with the flash.  he asked if that's the one the ______ stars in, and i said yup; he said no way they go to that one, and you have to wonder how many will feel that way, kinda in a bud light/target sort of way.

I know a boardie who feels the same way.

As it's a multiverse thingy - will this lead to a brand new Batman or is it Pattinson moving forward?

I ask as there are articles saying the pre-screenings were leaving chunks of the movie out.

Anyone seen the whole movie (not the 'redacted' prescreener)

Thanks

On 5/28/2023 at 6:57 PM, Beige said:

As it's a multiverse thingy - will this lead to a brand new Batman or is it Pattinson moving forward?

I ask as there are articles saying the pre-screenings were leaving chunks of the movie out.

Anyone seen the whole movie (not the 'redacted' prescreener)

Thanks

Supposedly those that saw the early screening did not see the full movie, as certain surprises were cut out. If that's true, TBD what we are in store for.

On 5/29/2023 at 9:08 AM, Bosco685 said:

Supposedly those that saw the early screening did not see the full movie, as certain surprises were cut out. If that's true, TBD what we are in store for.

Yeah, that's why I asked the question - There's Affleck and Keaton, but on IMDB they are VERY light on actors, which I find odd for such a 'blockbuster' movie.

Saying that Nic Cage is credited so if there is a new Batman, they have kept it off IMBD.

Be interesting to find out what these 'major surprises' are that WB / DC have tucked away.

.... "Blindly skips to the last post to make one!*"

You don't know how hard it is to avoid spoilers for this movie! 

I see it as a "prescreen" day after tomorrow Lord willing, but has either mostly leaked or is available in snippets online, because it is:

Here, There, and Everywhere!~ BEaHles

On 5/28/2023 at 7:12 PM, Beige said:

Yeah, that's why I asked the question - There's Affleck and Keaton, but on IMDB they are VERY light on actors, which I find odd for such a 'blockbuster' movie.

Saying that Nic Cage is credited so if there is a new Batman, they have kept it off IMBD.

Be interesting to find out what these 'major surprises' are that WB / DC have tucked away.

I actually see it as quite creative, as WB Studios/DC has had a long history of spoilers leaked early on Reddit and other sites.

I agree with you though. It will be interesting - and disappointing if the rumors turn out to be false. Like troubling backlash if that occurs.

i think the comparisons were that many people were on the fence about watching it

i was certainly one of those and was convinced by one of my brothers to go an watch it (he went a second time)

i think this movie might have that affect

On 5/25/2023 at 7:14 AM, Cat said:

And why is that?

Harley Quinn, WW 84, & both Shazam movies flopped because general audiences don't want to see that.

Aquaman succeeded because he's a basic well-known classic superhero...and Momoa is a good fit.

DC should have reminded everyone who The Flash is...their classic speedster...and cast a track star to play him.

But even if you don't know about Ezra Miller...everyone can tell that something is off about a pale jaw with bright red lips sticking out of the costume...and all the gimmicks trying to distract attention away from the main character.

This is never mentioned...but tell me I'm wrong that the pale jaw with bright red lips isn't a huge factor...especially after a guy looking at the ad says "who's that?" and then hears about Miller.

On 5/29/2023 at 9:06 PM, ChillMan said:

This is never mentioned...but tell me I'm wrong that the pale jaw with bright red lips isn't a huge factor...especially after a guy looking at the ad says "who's that?" and then hears about Miller.

At least you moved on from Ezra Miller's sexual preference, and now it is about the character.

Meanwhile, he made for a solid big character redemption in Zack Snyder's Justice League. Without him, the Mother Boxes would have destroyed the world. And thwarted the Justice League's chances to defeat Steppenwolf.

On 5/29/2023 at 8:13 PM, Bosco685 said:

At least you moved on from Ezra Miller's sexual preference, and now it is about the character.

Meanwhile, he made for a solid big character redemption in Zack Snyder's Justice League. Without him, the Mother Boxes would have destroyed the world. And thwarted the Justice League's chances to defeat Steppenwolf.

Hey...the Flash is a Top-10 all-time superhero easily.  And I was about to say...you don't have to go by my prediction.  Go by the media prediction.  The media hyped up Harley Quinn, WW 84, both Shazams...they say WW 1 is the greatest ever ($750M worldwide is okay).  And they predicted that Aquaman would be buried by Mary Poppins and Transformers and the rest.

And they're GOING OVER-THE-TOP HARD on how Aquaman 2 is absolutely terrible...which means it's likely to go well over #1's $1.15B.

Edited by ChillMan
1 letter typo

On 5/30/2023 at 11:32 AM, ChillMan said:

Hey...the Flash is a Top-10 all-time superhero easily.  And I was about to say...you don't have to go by my prediction.  Go by the media prediction.  The media hyped up Harley Quinn, WW 84, both Shazams...they say WW 1 is the greatest ever ($750M worldwide is okay).  And they predicted that Aquaman would be buried by Mary Poppins and Transformers and the rest.

And they're GOING OVER-THE-TOP HARD on how Aquaman 2 is absolutely terrible...which means it's likely to go well over #1's $1.15B.

I say Wonder Woman 1 is one of the greatest ever superhero films. I absolutely loved it. It surprised me in so many ways, all positive. What a wonderful film. However I've refused to watch '84 to have that image spoiled.... 

On 5/29/2023 at 9:32 PM, ChillMan said:

they say WW 1 is the greatest ever ($750M worldwide is okay)

"They" are probably even happier since it exceeded $800M though multiple countries banned the movie due to an Israeli lead actress and underperforming in patriarchal countries (Russia, India, China).

Screenshot_20230530-0418422.png.808e68061c8ebf1af835b3242a91632e.png