• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE FLASH starring Ezra Miller 2022
10 10

2,182 posts in this topic

On 6/2/2023 at 9:48 AM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

For some reason I find her attractive.

I like her. 

I like that they called out that she was to be a different Supergirl than previous iterations. Which, I'm not familiar at all with any details of her past characterizations other than she was blonde - but from the little snippets, it seems that the new Supergirl is bringing a different vibe and attitude. She seems demure and tough.

On 6/2/2023 at 12:11 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I like that they called out that she was to be a different Supergirl than previous iterations. Which, I'm not familiar at all with any details of her past characterizations other than she was blonde - but from the little snippets, it seems that the new Supergirl is bringing a different vibe and attitude. She seems demure and tough.

I like her . I usually don't get attractive to actresses.Something about her and  I have a girlfriend. Just don't let my girlfriend know. Lol. hm

On 5/31/2023 at 8:50 PM, eastriver400 said:

Funny you say that. My 15 year old refuses to see the movie because of Ezra. Definitely had me wondering. 

I mean why wouldn’t a dad want to take their kids to see this?

I mean maybe it has to do with how Ezra Miller groomed underage girls, strangled a different teenage girl, committed assault and threw a chair in a karaoke bar, harassed neighbor children while holding a gun and wearing a vest, committed burglary, left guns out for children aged 1-5, and claimed that his relationship with a 12 year old was okay because she was “an apocalyptic Native American spider goddess" who, along with Miller as the messiah, will bring about an Indigenous revolution. ???

I love Michael Keeton. I want to see him as Batman again so bad. I can’t imagine him being Batman in anything being below good. But that said WTH WB?!?!?  Do the right thing and recast the role.  And for starters Ezra Miller was never a good flash.  That isn’t Barry Allen. That is Sheldon from big bang theory.  Snyder got a lot of the casting right with Wonder Woman, Superman, etc but Ezra never felt right in the role.  Why go through all of this to have a mediocre Flash stay in a movie?  This should be the film that saves the DC universe and sets it up for Gunn. Is the juice worth the squeeze? 

On 6/3/2023 at 7:43 PM, SkOw said:
On 5/31/2023 at 5:50 PM, eastriver400 said:

Funny you say that. My 15 year old refuses to see the movie because of Ezra. Definitely had me wondering. 

I mean why wouldn’t a dad want to take their kids to see this?

I mean maybe it has to do with how Ezra Miller groomed underage girls, strangled a different teenage girl, committed assault and threw a chair in a karaoke bar, harassed neighbor children while holding a gun and wearing a vest, committed burglary, left guns out for children aged 1-5, and claimed that his relationship with a 12 year old was okay because she was “an apocalyptic Native American spider goddess" who, along with Miller as the messiah, will bring about an Indigenous revolution. ???

And this right here might be the single major factor of the movie not being a success. I see it all over social media posts that people are refusing to see the movie because Ezra is in the film.  It's very unfortunate because it is indeed a great, action-packed film that people of all ages will enjoy if you put aside Ezra's social/personal problems. The things he said and/or did are 100% wrong and unjustified, that is why he is going through mental therapy and counseling.  He has mental illness, he definitely needs to get treatment for it

On 6/4/2023 at 12:57 AM, Dark Knight said:

And this right here might be the single major factor of the movie not being a success. I see it all over social media posts that people are refusing to see the movie because Ezra is in the film.  It's very unfortunate because it is indeed a great, action-packed film that people of all ages will enjoy if you put aside Ezra's social/personal problems. The things he said and/or did are 100% wrong and unjustified, that is why he is going through mental therapy and counseling.  He has mental illness, he definitely needs to get treatment for it

It is unfortunate that WB didn’t do the right thing and recast/reshoot the role. 

On 6/4/2023 at 12:57 AM, Dark Knight said:

It's tricky to try to make this case, because it may come across as a rationalization for wanting to see what by all reports is an exceptional movie.  And maybe that is all it is.  Nevertheless:

- Must we also punish all the other people involved in the movie for Ezra's failings? They would be collateral damage in any Ezra boycott.  I'm not sure that's fair.
- Do we now need to avoid watching on any of the streaming services movies like Chinatown or The Usual Suspects because of the bad actions of their directors or actors?
- Have we decided that what Ezra has done in the past is beyond any rehabilitation or redemption in the future?  Who knows how sincere the "undergoing therapy" cover story is, but are we required to pre-judge the outcome now?

Edited by Zonker
"avoid watching" not "remove"

I get all these points about why people should see the movie, but I personally can't get past Ezra Miller's actions. Even seeing them in the trailer makes my skin crawl. Everytime their character performs a heroic act, I'll see them choke slamming that woman in my head.

The difference between this movie and say Chinatown or The Usual Suspects is those had problems with the director's actions. You don't see their face constantly throughout the movie.

This not a judgement of those who can put their actions aside, but I've tried and can't. 

Edited by D84
Fixed an incorrect pronoun

Yeah, I'd really like to see Keaton as Batman again, but I just cannot get over Miller's action.  For me and my kids I have decided we will not reward bad behavior and just sit this one out.  I will not be casting judgement on others that see this movie, if they go I hope they have a good time.  I just cannot support it.

On 6/4/2023 at 7:39 AM, Zonker said:

Must we also punish all the other people involved in the movie for Ezra's failings? They would be collateral damage in any Ezra boycott.  I'm not sure that's fair.

What did they say about their monstrous star?  Did they demand his removal from the film?  Clearly they didn't make the personal sacrifice of walking away.  This is where we get it wrong as a society.  We shouldn't give special consideration to those who tolerated evil because it was in their best interest.  We should give special consideration to those who sacrificed personal interest and walked away.  

You can tell Warner Bros. is nervous due to how they're working overtime on the publicity for this film - pulling out all the stops, including:

• Additional trailers showing new scenes
  • Leaking a surprise cameo, pre-release (for the *third* time in a row)
  • Insisting that Ezra will keep the role for any sequel
  • Announcing, pre-release, that work is well underway already for a sequel (i.e., finished --script) - recall they did this as well for Green Lantern & "Justice League Part 1"
  • Announcing that, even if you've seen a preview (next one in my area is June 7), you haven't actually seen the "full" film
Edited by Gatsby77

On 6/5/2023 at 10:24 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

(tsk) Miller's Flash in ZSJL is fantastic.

Much like every young character, he's not that prime Barry Allen yet, but it was a great start.

He was less annoying in the Snyder Cut but still annoying.

An article that I didn't click on said that even the screeningsnended differently than each other lol

I'm interested, but not enough to go to another, would rather Lord willing see the Transformers.

Given leaks of other movies and these under wraps haha it is interesting.