• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

Another strong result for a member of the Dirty Dozen today. $1600 for a Wolverine 1, 9.2 (another GPA high) :ohnoez: :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122281004974?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

-J.

There was a 9.6 that sold today. 2k

http://m.ebay.com/itm/112255894990

He might have done better in a straight no reserve auction.

-J.

*sigh* Bleedingcool... :eyeroll:

That variant sell off was from over seven months ago, last summer, and other than a couple of 1:10's, most of the books in the screen shot in the article aren't even ratio variants.

-J.

Batman 608 RRP CGC 9.8 for $6K?

Sounds high. Last one sold a couple months ago for $4050. Of course there hasn't been another one offered since. More realistically, I would think $5k now, maaaaaybe $5500. The book has definitely picked up steam of late, along with many of the other "Top 5" on the list.

-J.

Our newest 2K+ member, Saga #1 RRP :)

Link

Jerome

Not a part of the Dirty Dozen because it's a reprint, but still, wow.

Is it just me, or do a lot of the more established variants in general seem to be kicking it up a notch lately?

-J.

You know I forget that each and every time lol:makepoint:

Jerome

Re: Batman - that's the die hard fans. Actually a good one to avoid as I could see people losing all perspective on that item.

There's no way that book has been sought after ever since it came out and extremely hard to come across in 9.8's.

Yes it is easily and hands down the most sought after and expensive Batman variant in existence. For over a decade now.

Re: Batman - that's the die hard fans. Actually a good one to avoid as I could see people losing all perspective on that item.

There's no way that book has been sought after ever since it came out and extremely hard to come across in 9.8's.

Yes it is easily and hands down the most sought after and expensive Batman variant in existence. For over a decade now.

Fortunately for me I don't collect DC so I don't have to worry about that one.

2c

Not so fast. The buyer couldn't actually afford it. They tried to make the purchase with PayPal credit. Rejected. Big mistake on their part.

I don't understand the mentality of people who make these huge purchases but don't have sufficient funds. Take care of your finances first. I don't consider buying anything unless I know I've taken care of my SEP-IRA for the year, have six months cash on hand for emergencies, etc. Please be responsible people. /endrant

Not so fast. The buyer couldn't actually afford it. They tried to make the purchase with PayPal credit. Rejected. Big mistake on their part.

I don't understand the mentality of people who make these huge purchases but don't have sufficient funds. Take care of your finances first. I don't consider buying anything unless I know I've taken care of my SEP-IRA for the year, have six months cash on hand for emergencies, etc. Please be responsible people. /endrant

Pretty good month for you otherwise!