• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOST VALUABLE MODERN VARIANTS - THE RANKINGS
17 17

2,251 posts in this topic

Feedback being left or not is not a persuasive argument for whether or not a sale closed.

Here's the other sale though :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazing-Spider-Man-700-CGC-9-8-1-200-Ditko-Variant-/172417991625?hash=item2824e9c3c9:g:PxgAAOSwB09YE7CG

-J.

Thanks, I am simply sharing evidence and my opinion, people are free to reach their own conclusions. Simply put, that seller I linked to earlier, leaves feedback for buyers that pay him & that sale appeared to be the one the prompted you to update the write up.

Thanks for the new link and advice on how to interpret sales evidence.. hm

So your other sale was a Dec 3rd private feedback seller's listing that ended at $2500? lol

I thought it was another recent one...for a high price.....if you're going back that far, you skipped right over a five day auction of a 9.8 that sat for five days, ended Dec 20th .

It attracted only one bid of $1000 but received feedback etc..

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=112238454944&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2565

I however find it odd, especially for such a high dollar book, that the buyer did not leave any feedback for the seller, nor did the seller for the buyer after this transaction. That leads me to believe that the sale is either bogus, or either the buyer or seller did not perform.

Quote sourced from this post :shy:

Edited by bababooey

I however find it odd, especially for such a high dollar book, that the buyer did not leave any feedback for the seller, nor did the seller for the buyer after this transaction. That leads me to believe that the sale is either bogus, or either the buyer or seller did not perform.

Quote sourced from this post :shy:

There's a whole lot more in that analysis than whether or not feedback was left.

And since I know you like to doubt the sales of these books even when the seller himself comes on the boards and tells you it closed, I'll make this easy for you:

1) The ASM 700 copy sale you linked above is not like the other two copies that got the book on the list (although I still factored it in).

2) This list is an aggregate of sales with the most weight given to the most recent 9.8 sales. (Read the first post in the thread for a reminder of the methodology.)

3) Sorry, I don't have the time to audit every sale of every book featured. That's not the purpose of this list. However I usually don't rely on single high sales as those could be outliers (unless the book is rarely sold publicly, like the Spawn book or Dell'otto 667), in which I have no choice but to use what data I do have.

4) No sales aggregate reporting site that I use or know of uses whether or not feedback was left on ebay as the sole determining factor of whether or not a sale was "real" in order to report it.

5) I usually wait at least a couple of weeks to see if an item is re-listed before I decide to "count" it. A re-listing of an item is the only way to "know" whether or not the first sale didn't go through. Anything other than that is pure speculation.

Hope that clears things up again for ya. (thumbs u

-J.

Why is the $1k sale of ASM 700 not like the others?

Honestly, I personally wouldn't consider SS and equal sale to raw and non SS slabs. That can really generate a lot of differential in sale prices.

It's your list, so you can do what you want.

Why is the $1k sale of ASM 700 not like the others?

Honestly, I personally wouldn't consider SS and equal sale to raw and non SS slabs. That can really generate a lot of differential in sale prices.

It's your list, so you can do what you want.

I consider "all" label types including SS books with a large enough sample of sales to be counted.

-J.

So what are we chalking up the 1K ASM 700 9.8 SS to?

That's a regular Stan Lee SS copy.

-J.

So we're saying that because the book was signed on Stan's 90th birthday it gets a 150% or $1500 boost in value?

Through much trial and error I have learned that this is the land where logic does not apply - cut your losses now.

-J.

So we're saying that because the book was signed on Stan's 90th birthday it gets a 150% or $1500 boost in value?

That's what the data is saying.

-J.

-J.

-J.

Most people looking at this data set would suggest you need a larger sample size. Giving the fact you don't have it, most would be hesitant to state much at all from it - some would even call it an anomaly until further data backed it up.

That's why GPA and their ilk is a good thing, and why I like to see more data in public forums instead of listed as private transactions.

-J.

-J.

Most people looking at this data set would suggest you need a larger sample size. Giving the fact you don't have it, most would be hesitant to state much at all from it - some would even call it an anomaly until further data backed it up.

That's why GPA and their ilk is a good thing, and why I like to see more data in public forums instead of listed as private transactions.

There's plenty of historical data for that variant on GPA.

And again, this update is based on the most recent sales. (thumbs u

-J.

-J.

That's the only one well over $1k and it has consistent sales.

There's plenty of historical data for that variant on GPA.

And again, this update is based on the most recent sales. (thumbs u

-J.

Yes, plenty of sales for the 90th book. It's not consistent for the other SS books. Your writeup concludes that the book in general is getting those values.

Edited by ygogolak