• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,624 posts in this topic

Despite my ongoing disaster with BBTS (not their fault, it's a shipping thing, package left late August, last tracked September 6th) I managed to get some other purchases today. I received the latest Silver Centurion Iron Man, which looks great, especially compared to the original, which was a favourite of mine at the time. Two Storm Collectibles Mortal Kombat figures also came; unmasked Sub-Zero, and Raiden. Neither are favourites, particularly that look for Subbie, but he has a lot of extra parts coming with the upcoming Kintaro, so I may as well get the most out of them. 

On 11/18/2021 at 10:50 PM, followtheleader said:

Round 3 MOC junk

2-1B - I like this figure.  Anything special, nah. 

Gung-Ho 1987 - Personally, I visually prefer this version over the original 83 version.   100% must have MOC due to the stickers.  He holds a special place in my heart.  My nephew graduated as a Marine a couple years ago and it makes me think of him every time.  This figure is really tough to get loose in nice condition (always something wrong like the whites being discolored, arms split, brim is worn, etc).  

Bullhorn - How the hell did that knee get permanently bent like that?  Beyond superb Joe.   His Attache case (what a great word) with the gun pieces is over the top.  And he has a friggin bullhorn!

Lando Calrissian - Look at those pearl whites; the smiling version.  What a great SW character.  Unpunched and pretty darn solid condition.  

2 Pack Kaybee ROTJ set - A Jawa and Ackbar.  You're thinking "Stupid FTL, you posted that already".  Silly kids, this is a 2nd one.  Jawa looks cooler in this one as the face is a bit more exposed. 

Patrick

20211116_114223.jpg

20211116_114213.jpg

20211116_114201.jpg

20211116_114140.jpg

20211116_114307.jpg

Great stuff as always. Love Gung Ho Dress Blues. I remember seeing him on the back of the card and wanting one so bad, and then one day finding him at WalMart. He seemed too “fancy” to join my battles, but I loved posing him on the shelf.

On 11/19/2021 at 4:26 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

My mom still sends me a Hallmark ornament every year in November.

54376778-99A0-4634-874A-B02B3FBA0CB6.thumb.jpeg.81af027d213361d2df896718707d4992.jpeg

It prompted me to take a trip to the Hallmark store to pick up the Fett.

299E46C8-F7BA-4C4E-B119-7DE5801D26B0.thumb.jpeg.ddde2f910bcfe27e982a9db7064b3cb6.jpeg

856445FC-11BB-41BC-8D25-FE10CB219458.thumb.jpeg.59b99ee43d54232dfe9ca91f05081eb9.jpeg

Ain't going to lie, I picked up 2 over the past few years and prices are already over $100+

Bought 1 new for $49, and one for $70

image.thumb.png.2420c277a2136669e82e3f768d12afdd.png

On 11/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

My mom still sends me a Hallmark ornament every year in November.

54376778-99A0-4634-874A-B02B3FBA0CB6.thumb.jpeg.81af027d213361d2df896718707d4992.jpeg

It prompted me to take a trip to the Hallmark store to pick up the Fett.

299E46C8-F7BA-4C4E-B119-7DE5801D26B0.thumb.jpeg.ddde2f910bcfe27e982a9db7064b3cb6.jpeg

856445FC-11BB-41BC-8D25-FE10CB219458.thumb.jpeg.59b99ee43d54232dfe9ca91f05081eb9.jpeg

These are great, and I love the tradition! My mom also gets a hallmark ornament for me (and my wife) every year. I’m curious what this year’s wilL be? That’s a cool Boba!

On 11/20/2021 at 1:20 PM, Buzzetta said:

While taking a good hard look at what Lego I have and what I can be without, they still manage to impress me enough to buy something new.

This set is one of those, 'get it now' sets. 

Could not be happier with the design, engineering, diversity and use of parts, along with the 'fun factor'.

I cannot see this set ever going to storage. 

IMG_7300.jpeg

IMG_7301.jpeg

IMG_7302.jpeg

IMG_7303.jpeg

IMG_7304.jpeg

IMG_7305.jpeg

That’s awesome! I’ve been on a Batman kick lately, re-reading several back issues. Perfect timing seeing this post.

On 11/21/2021 at 11:14 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

That’s awesome! I’ve been on a Batman kick lately, re-reading several back issues. Perfect timing seeing this post.

The Falcon

I slept on it… I woke up and went to order it and it was sold out.  Decided to take a 30 mile road trip to the store where it was in stock.  Used $300 in rewards dollars, and I figure the recent lego sales made this a trade. 

I will probably build it next summer.  I figured with the AT-AT reveal combined with my rewards points and it being double rewards I should pull the trigger and even if I never build it… it’s a decent set to keep on the shelf in case I want to resell it. 

Now that I have one I can easily part with other things… 

9F4B46E9-9746-4ABB-8F23-9335DF2477A8.jpeg

On 11/21/2021 at 9:29 AM, Buzzetta said:

The Falcon

I slept on it… I woke up and went to order it and it was sold out.  Decided to take a 30 mile road trip to the store where it was in stock.  Used $300 in rewards dollars, and I figure the recent lego sales made this a trade. 

I will probably build it next summer.  I figured with the AT-AT reveal combined with my rewards points and it being double rewards I should pull the trigger and even if I never build it… it’s a decent set to keep on the shelf in case I want to resell it. 

Now that I have one I can easily part with other things… 

9F4B46E9-9746-4ABB-8F23-9335DF2477A8.jpeg

You lucky duck!

On 11/21/2021 at 8:12 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

The aftermarket prices are crazy on some of these.

Right! This one has a lot of moving parts and has music with lights. I think it is one of the best they produced. For it's small size and complex moving parts it will always hold value.

The Haslab project for the Star Wars Rancor in twelfth scale has been doing something unprecedented among Haslab projects--the backer count has decreased every day for almost the last week.  It was already slowing down and beginning to decrease after Hasbro revealed a second stretch goal that wasn't the most highly sought after two figures fans wanted which are Oola, the dancer Jabba fed to his Rancor, and also Malakili, the overweight, shirtless keeper who cried after Luke killed his Rancor in Return of the Jedi.  On Friday the team revealed the third and fourth stretch goals, and both were re-packs of already-released characters neither of which were the two missing characters from the Rancor scenes.

For you guys who buy items like this to invest I would recommend watching this project for two reasons.  One is that if it does hit the funding goal of 9,000 backers it may not go much above that thereby increasing the secondary market value in a year or three.  The second is that there's a rumor that the new Disney Plus series "Book of Boba Fett" that releases next month features a VERY prominent appearance of at least one Rancor.  Vague details of that are in this spoiler:

Spoiler

Boba encounters a Rancor in the streets of a city on Tatooine and battles it.  Supposedly he somehow tames the creature into submission.

If the rumor is true I can't imagine why Hasbro didn't wait until AFTER this happened to launch their crowdfund project.  ???  It also means that the market value for a Rancor should spike after the project ends but before the figure actually releases, which is just a bizarre sequence of possible events for the project.  :boo:

Picked up another long time want last week, finally arrived yesterday! I had this on my alerts for a few years, but they popped up very rarely, maybe once or twice a year, and usually $200-$300 range. I was determined to find one cheaper. Suddenly, I'm not sure if there's been a warehouse find or what, but there have been at least five or six offered up over the last couple of months. So, I finally snagged one at a price I can live with.

This combines my love of Alien along with my love of Halloween, in a distinctly Ben Cooper fashion. The smell of those old vinyl smocks, and the feel of the brittle plastic masks, boy it takes me right back. Their interpretation of the then little seen Alien is inspired in its wackiness. Really love the image.

IMG_3465.JPG

IMG_3466.JPG

IMG_3467.JPG

On 11/23/2021 at 8:40 AM, F For Fake said:

Picked up another long time want last week, finally arrived yesterday! I had this on my alerts for a few years, but they popped up very rarely, maybe once or twice a year, and usually $200-$300 range. I was determined to find one cheaper. Suddenly, I'm not sure if there's been a warehouse find or what, but there have been at least five or six offered up over the last couple of months. So, I finally snagged one at a price I can live with.

This combines my love of Alien along with my love of Halloween, in a distinctly Ben Cooper fashion. The smell of those old vinyl smocks, and the feel of the brittle plastic masks, boy it takes me right back. Their interpretation of the then little seen Alien is inspired in its wackiness. Really love the image.

IMG_3465.JPG

IMG_3466.JPG

IMG_3467.JPG

Dude, that's an original Slipknot mask!

Really, really cool piece. 
Patrick

Picked up something I didn't even know about today, which was nice; a Gundam Infinity Series 1 Astray Red Frame. Nice detailing and accessories, and it was only 25 bucks AU. Problem is its done in a bit of a soft plastic, so the usual crisp Gundam detailing isn't quite there, and the articulation is pretty bad. The shoulder and hips are balljoints, but so restricted they may as well be swivels, and there's no bicep or thigh cuts. 

Nice enough for what it is, and they have a BAF Zaku if you want the set of 5.

It's not a bad little figure, really. I do like it, but doubt I'll buy any more. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic