• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,421 posts in this topic

So for you 6" collectors across all lines... 

Hasbro is running an amazing sale through eBay.  Things are cheaper than they are at Hasbro Pulse and there is free shipping on all orders over $14.99.   

https://www.ebay.com/str/hasbrotoyshop

Edited by Buzzetta

On 9/2/2022 at 2:57 PM, Dave2739 said:

Did you guys see that Hiya Toys is doing a new line of 1/18th scale GI Joe? The first figure is (of course) Snake Eyes. At least to me, it basically looks like the first Classified figure, but shrunk down.

https://toynewsi.com/312-44261

GIJoe-Snake-Eyes-02__scaled_600.jpg

GIJoe-Snake-Eyes-01__scaled_600.jpg

So for Hasbro to license this out, am I to assume that they are abandoning in house production of the modern 3.75" ?

I think I need this.  Not too keen on the oversized sword and scabbard but I will have to see it in hand for $20. 

On 9/2/2022 at 3:16 PM, Buzzetta said:

So for Hasbro to license this out, am I to assume that they are abandoning in house production of the modern 3.75" ?

I was wondering that too.  Is the 1:18 scale that far dead?  I know 6-inch is king right now, but I still thought there was a market for 3.75".  Margins must be too thin for a publicly-traded company like Hasbro...

On 9/3/2022 at 9:18 AM, fantastic_four said:

I was wondering that too.  Is the 1:18 scale that far dead?  I know 6-inch is king right now, but I still thought there was a market for 3.75".  Margins must be too thin for a publicly-traded company like Hasbro...

Not much has been seen on the retro o-ring front although supposedly there is a reveal later on next month.

The modern 3.75" line was originally at Walmart before they shelved it and then swapped to O-Ring and revealed the Skystriker with O-ring figures only available through Hasbro.

It's a shame because I really liked the Roadblock, Scarlett, and Stalker figure that they made with new parts for the 1/18th Walmart Retro line.

If someone were to swap orings out, what material has proven to have more durability?

I am thinking nitrile, which is used in ORB and face seal applications. 

Although I have no idea what UV damage on those would be like 

On 9/3/2022 at 11:00 AM, The Meta said:

If someone were to swap orings out, what material has proven to have more durability?

I am thinking nitrile, which is used in ORB and face seal applications. 

Although I have no idea what UV damage on those would be like 

When Hasbro was introducing the retro o-ring line with the Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow two pack they headed off concerns over the o-rings by saying that the new ones would be silicone based for longer durability than the original rubber ones.   I still have not opened my two pack to inspect them but supposedly they also feature a different type of screw than the previous phillips head.   It is supposedly a notch of some sort somewhere between a hex nut and a traditional phillips head screw.  

I might open them up as they were flimsy cards anyway.  If I do I will let you know. 

EDIT: Video shows the same screw system with the same phillips head.  The band is much thicker than I thought.  The video says that the arms are molded slightly differently at the contact point. to

2007597369_ScreenShot2022-09-03at11_10_00AM.png.e8a9c096988c1b4825d3a03dfc59131c.png

Edited by Buzzetta

Well, I bought the 7 inch NECA 1990 Movie Donatello a few days ago, and just today an American friend found me the two-pack with Leonardo and the same Donatello. Very happy to add Leo, but now I've got to sell single packed Donnie, and see if I can find a Michelangelo/Raphael two-pack. 

After all, you can't just have two turtles! 

On 9/3/2022 at 6:09 AM, Ceito said:

0BBBD934-E496-420F-B478-B8F87128163D.thumb.jpeg.8b3707ec0df3dc0cc889b8cd69a59d00.jpeg

I might have gone after some of these if they had used the nice Garcia Lopez artwork used on the original 80's line from Kenner (such as the Superman figure).  I do wonder if these are 5 inch... ?  They look smaller.