• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,416 posts in this topic

On 5/31/2023 at 9:10 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

This is the only place I can think of to ask such a question. I’m asking here because I see some of you here who work on cleaning and or restoring plastic toys, which could sometimes include adding new stickers when needed.

Here goes. Can anyone recommend a type/brand of adhesive that would be best to reattach the old school label that used to be on top of CGG holders? 

EC1204F4-B91A-433C-BADF-EE5A767688A6.thumb.jpeg.a20de9000d43ae76dfe20bda5d0280ac.jpeg

I know not to use Elmers or Gorilla glue…

I also don’t want to send this in for a new holder.

Sorry, I don’t have any new plastic crack this week. I’m off topic and crazy!

Hey Brandon, I wish I had a good answer for you, but I've not had to reattach a label myself. My gut instinct is to recommend something non-caustic like a simple glue stick, because if it doesn't work, it would rub off easily enough, and shouldn't make a huge mess of the case, nor ruin the label. But that is a totally made-up opinion with no basis in experience, so take it for exactly what it's worth.

On 6/1/2023 at 2:21 PM, F For Fake said:

Hey Brandon, I wish I had a good answer for you, but I've not had to reattach a label myself. My gut instinct is to recommend something non-caustic like a simple glue stick, because if it doesn't work, it would rub off easily enough, and shouldn't make a huge mess of the case, nor ruin the label. But that is a totally made-up opinion with no basis in experience, so take it for exactly what it's worth.

Thank you for your input. It may be best to leave alone and not sweat the small stuff. :smile:

On 6/2/2023 at 6:10 AM, F For Fake said:

I dig the dark blue, it's not far off from the original G! toy. Mirage was my first TF ever, so I will always have a place in my heart for the guy. Plus he has that cool Sphinx head. What's not to love?

I also love the toy Mirage look, that why I surprised myself so much by liking the toon deco on this toy better. I wasn't even going to get it, I just had some money to burn and it was the right price. And I LOVE the toy headsculpt, you're absolutely right, it's awesome, I wish all media used it. It's so unique. 

On 6/1/2023 at 8:07 PM, Cat said:
On 6/1/2023 at 3:10 PM, F For Fake said:

dig the dark blue, it's not far off from the original G! toy. Mirage was my first TF ever, so I will always have a place in my heart for the guy. Plus he has that cool Sphinx head. What's not to love?

I also love the toy Mirage look, that why I surprised myself so much by liking the toon deco on this toy better. I wasn't even going to get it, I just had some money to burn and it was the right price. And I LOVE the toy headsculpt, you're absolutely right, it's awesome, I wish all media used it. It's so unique. 

Also too, that's whom you said to keep an eye out for in the movie! I saw the sphinx, which helped me pinpoint, Optimus and beast are pretty discernable, but to my noobness, I hope I get it right and can follow along to tell the difference apart! 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/2/2023 at 11:31 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Also too, that's whom you said to keep an eye out for in the movie! I saw the sphinx, which helped me pinpoint, Optimus and beast are pretty discernable, but to my noobness, I hope I get it right and can follow along to tell the difference apart! 

Mirage looks more like he does on the left than the right, especially in the head, though he's pretty different. Here's what he looks like in the film, he's a main character, so you won't miss him. 

zibrs144wlya1.thumb.jpg.ec8254425cf232b2ff03e49f442e8646.jpg

On 6/1/2023 at 1:46 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Thank you for your input. It may be best to leave alone and not sweat the small stuff. :smile:

I think the scotch tape idea is a good one.  Otherwise, since the label is completely off, you could lay it face down and hit it with some 3m spray adhesive, and then stick it back in place (being cautious of the alignment).  A few of my old case labels are doing the same thing.  A small dab of super glue worked to put the lifting edges of mine back down.

On 6/1/2023 at 4:46 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:
On 6/1/2023 at 4:21 PM, F For Fake said:

That's what I do.  Just slide the label in the bag with the slab in case the future owner wants it and done.

Here's Newage's Ironhide. A bit disappointing, not one of their top tier figures, but still nice enough. I didn't include photos of the useless sled.

20230606_123517.thumb.jpg.c3f37e7d09e32f0182af716680158f17.jpg20230606_125816.thumb.jpg.2830ea8f32abab9f07d134350650f479.jpg20230606_125931.thumb.jpg.d09d22416cbe162fecf73da092cef83b.jpg

On 6/5/2023 at 7:33 PM, fantastic_four said:

The Dragonfly definitely looks great, but I just don't have room for twelfth scale vehicles.

If it was the Vamp I would have insta-clicked it as that was the first vehicle I ever owned. 

I am still on the fence on this one.  Apparently we are waiting for SDCC before they announce the Ghost from Rebels for the 3.75" line and that is what I REALLY want. 

Meanwhile it is at 9,870 backers out of the required 10,000.

This thing is getting funded. 

Edited by Buzzetta