• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,480 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2023 at 6:03 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

Sorry, should have clarified I was talking about ARAH vintage. Apparently that was the thing...no one knew they existed until they popped up in this auction : Joe Auction

Doesn't look like that was a released figure though.  Many Hasbro employees were given final engineering pilots and then just gave them to kids.  The seller in the auction claims that he has friends in real estate and would buy the contents.    The auction seller also sold the prototype Bazooka figure for over $4,000 and it looks like there were a few other engineering pilots and paint tests in the lot. 

Given that the guy is based in Massachusetts it is not unreasonable to assume he has had access to homes of former Pawtuckett Hasbro employees. 

All I know is that at least for me, I offered a FEP here of Clutch with provenance on the boards and no one took me up on it.  One person asked about it but never pulled the trigger.   I might just keep it. 

On 1/3/2024 at 9:22 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Went to my parents' house for the holidays, and they said they found a bunch of my old stuff when they were cleaning out the basement. Some toys, Nintendo Power and Mad magazines, and a box of cards that included a ton of the 1st gen Marvel cards. I haven't gotten around to sorting through the cards or magazines yet, but here's what they had for toys:

Bunch of TMNT:

IMG_0366.thumb.JPG.b6285cdc0aff168344a3cf2bab626bc1.JPG

A few G.I. Joe:

IMG_0359.thumb.JPG.abda972eb7fd3b2095ad69d0b116abb6.JPG

Some Star Wars:

IMG_0358.thumb.JPG.647325f72c0c2322553ae19996f79b04.JPG

IMG_0356.thumb.png.78c88a526c5fc214305745379c187c0f.png

Couple of MOTU:

IMG_0364.thumb.JPG.b4cb9ad98f1b82897c942b78bd754baa.JPG

Random stuff:

IMG_0367.thumb.JPG.2441e9847d6cc0dad149e4bd1f0fa0ac.JPG

IMG_0365.thumb.JPG.ff4bdaa23245d1d2e402ff09f1e16789.JPG

IMG_0363.thumb.JPG.b0fecb26a3a67c21cc608a7a28434d6a.JPG

IMG_0362.thumb.JPG.330c3431f40e889c62ac4df73f4b14ef.JPG

IMG_0361.thumb.JPG.6670d3b3c5ac9e59444d258288cb7ca8.JPG

IMG_0360.thumb.JPG.8d335185cfacf7b70a85138abfb8283a.JPG

And a bunch of accessories that I can't remember who they belong to - if anyone knows of a resource to look up G.I. Joe/TMNT/Other accessories, please let me know!

IMG_0369.thumb.JPG.72803760500ed03d2a7757d94ab78b46.JPG

The Transformer is Topspin, in case you didn't know. 

On 1/2/2024 at 6:22 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

And a bunch of accessories that I can't remember who they belong to - if anyone knows of a resource to look up G.I. Joe/TMNT/Other accessories, please let me know!

IMG_0369.thumb.JPG.72803760500ed03d2a7757d94ab78b46.JPG

There's a Facebook group called "Action Figure Identification" where everyone there is a wizard. Seriously.

Take that picture and put numbers next to each piece. Post it in the group and within seconds you'll start to get replies.

They really are amazing.

If you'd rather do it yourself or don't have Facebook, download Google Lens. It's also a great tool to use to ID'ing figures & parts.

On 1/2/2024 at 5:38 PM, Cat said:

The Transformer is Topspin, in case you didn't know. 

Thanks! I didn't know - I've been trying to look stuff up as I go if I didn't remember what it was. I know the TMNT, Star Wars and Joes, but I was a little shaky on the Transformer, the tree thing, and most of the accessories (I think the green crossbow is for Rat King - who is missing; and I think the black backpack is for a B.A.T.s - who unfortunately died in a tragic BB Gun sniping in the early 90s; I wasn't always the best at taking care of my things at the time).

I know the Robo Force is obvious, as well as the raisins and the Astrosnik, and I know that the sheep thing is a Barnyard Commando that may be my brother's. And of course, Bugs Bunny, the Godfather from WWE, a Barenstein/stain Bear, Figment, a tennis gnome and a Laser Beast. And BJ Surhoff and a Sectaur thing. So not sure about the tree guy or the little gray guy with the gun and red visor.

On 1/2/2024 at 5:44 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

There's a Facebook group called "Action Figure Identification" where everyone there is a wizard. Seriously.

Take that picture and put numbers next to each piece. Post it in the group and within seconds you'll start to get replies.

They really are amazing.

If you'd rather do it yourself or don't have Facebook, download Google Lens. It's also a great tool to use to ID'ing figures & parts.

Excellent, thanks, I'll do that!

On 1/2/2024 at 5:45 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

Thanks! I didn't know - I've been trying to look stuff up as I go if I didn't remember what it was. I know the TMNT, Star Wars and Joes, but I was a little shaky on the Transformer, the tree thing, and most of the accessories (I think the green crossbow is for Rat King - who is missing; and I think the black backpack is for a B.A.T.s - who unfortunately died in a tragic BB Gun sniping in the early 90s; I wasn't always the best at taking care of my things at the time).

I know the Robo Force is obvious, as well as the raisins and the Astrosnik, and I know that the sheep thing is a Barnyard Commando that may be my brother's. And of course, Bugs Bunny, the Godfather from WWE, a Barenstein/stain Bear, Figment, a tennis gnome and a Laser Beast. And BJ Surhoff and a Sectaur thing. So not sure about the tree guy or the little gray guy with the gun and red visor.

You have the "heard it through the grape vine raisins" lol

Blast from the past and those commercials 

On 1/2/2024 at 6:45 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

The first gun on the second row looks like Cobra Commander's hair dryer pistol, but the colors look off. The fifth item on that row is Dreadnok Ripper's jaws of life. The red rifle looke like Baroness's weapon but the wrong color. Maybe it's from one of the accessory packs?

On 1/2/2024 at 7:21 PM, Dave2739 said:

The first gun on the second row looks like Cobra Commander's hair dryer pistol, but the colors look off. The fifth item on that row is Dreadnok Ripper's jaws of life. The red rifle looke like Baroness's weapon but the wrong color. Maybe it's from one of the accessory packs?

It could definitely be an accessory pack - those used to be cheap, easy birthday party gifts when we were kids, so I'm sure I must have gotten one or two!

I just got accepted into that Facebook group, so I'll post back what I find out if people are interested.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 1/2/2024 at 5:44 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

They really are amazing.

That group is unreal, thanks! Here's what I got so far - they only didn't identify 3 of the 30:

accessoriesnumbered.thumb.jpg.c96cafc74e27a801b69569ebfa39b5db.jpg

1. Rat King - TMNT
2. Scumbug - TMNT
3. Triceraton - TMNT

5. Ninja - Chuck Norris Karate Kommandos
6. General Traag - TMNT
7. Fugitoid - TMNT
8. Raphael - TMNT
9. Snakebite - SuperNaturals
10. Sky Escape Joker - Batman

12. GI Joe Accessory Pack
13. Windchill - GI Joe
14. Stalker V2 - GI Joe
15. Gnawgahyde - GI Joe
16. Dreadnok Ripper - GI Joe
17. Krang - TMNT
18. Windchill -GI Joe
19. Cobra Wolf - GI Joe
20. B.A.T.s - GI Joe
21. Outback - GI Joe
22. GI Joe Accessory Pack

24. Outback - GI Joe
25. Outback - GI Joe
26. Stalker V2 - GI Joe
27. Artctic Blast  - GI Joe
28. Sewer Swimmin' Donatello - TMNT
29. Stalker V2 - GI Joe
30. Spearhead - GI Joe

#4 is definitely a TMNT belt, but there's no letter on it, so I think it might be Splinter's...

On 1/2/2024 at 9:19 PM, Cat said:

I didn't see you mention your MOTU figures. In case you didn't know you've got Man-E-Faces and Moss Man. 

Thanks - those I knew, and I was pretty mad to learn that's all there was. I had a ton of figures, vehicles (Landshark, Battle Bones, Wind Raider, Battle Ram, Bashasaurus, Stridor, Battle Cat and Panthor), Grayskull, Snake Mountain and more. A lot of them apparently disappeared when I went off to college...

As did apparently all my Secret Wars and Super Powers figures...

Edit to add - I actually did take my Orko with me when I moved as he was my favorite character back then, so I still have my OG Orko. Since then, I've re-bought all of my favorites in Origins (including Grayskull, Snake Mountain and Point Dread, which I didn't have as a kid) and I got almost all of the Mega Construx sets, as well as a few really nice Masterverse figures including the outstanding Masterverse Battle Cat they released. I also now have a nearly complete vintage Castle Grayskull and Point Dread, thanks in large part to my bother's help, and I re-acquired a gen 1 He-Man and Battle Cat at a very lucky deal price on an eBay auction. So I'm happy with my current collection. But getting back the stuff you actually owned as a kid just has a different feel.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 12/29/2023 at 9:51 PM, Buzzetta said:

Doesn't look like that was a released figure though.  Many Hasbro employees were given final engineering pilots and then just gave them to kids.  The seller in the auction claims that he has friends in real estate and would buy the contents.    The auction seller also sold the prototype Bazooka figure for over $4,000 and it looks like there were a few other engineering pilots and paint tests in the lot. 

Given that the guy is based in Massachusetts it is not unreasonable to assume he has had access to homes of former Pawtuckett Hasbro employees. 

All I know is that at least for me, I offered a FEP here of Clutch with provenance on the boards and no one took me up on it.  One person asked about it but never pulled the trigger.   I might just keep it. 

That auction was wild. $15k+. The detective work done in the FB groups was pretty amazing. For all we know, those were the original figures used in the catalog photo shoot. Wild stuff. Even if I had the money to spend, that's not the sort of thing I'd buy, but somebody out there now has ultimate bragging rights. Those MM Cobras are pretty amazing.