• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,416 posts in this topic

I definitely had that Godzilla, and I definitely don't anymore--THANKS MOM.  :baiting:  The plastic decal flame breath you extend back and forth is etched into my brain.

Finally got Poison Ivy in yesterday.  Love her!  ALL joints are tight, great QC.  The arm and leg ivy slides off a lot less than I thought it would and is pretty manageable.  Articulation is great, although like all Mafex females she doesn't have enough elbow and knee range.  Luckily it's Ivy so she doesn't need it like Catwoman and Harley did.

Definitely one of the most attractive Mafex female figures up there with Hathaway Catwoman 2.0, Psylocke, and Storm.  Can't think of anything I'd want them to improve about her.  She's great, and I look forward to finding some sensual poses for her on the shelf.

ABLVV87TXhnnnw-XZgYwtV_eRCACQoL74pk9FduI

On 1/23/2024 at 4:20 PM, Cat said:

Well it's 7am and my day has already been made. I've been trying to get in on preorders for the 105 Mafex Hush Batman rerelease, but have been having no luck anywhere. Just checking constantly, as some Asian retailers have been putting them up in dribs and drabs, and I've constantly been too late for the drops. Frustrating. I really want this figure, and I'm annoyed I missed him the first time around. 

I noticed BBTS put some new Mafex stuff up for preorder. Just for the hell of it I'll check them too (they're in on my regular rotation too, also no luck to date), and they've got one open for preorder! So I instantly grabbed that, and preordered it. Went back and checked, and it was back at SOLD OUT status, so it was just the one available, and I was the lucky guy who got it. FINALLY! I've got one coming for me. 

I'm so happy. :D

I got mine upon first release, and it's still the best 1:12 scale Batman figure ever made.  Or the black version is depending upon your color preference.

The only consistent complaint I heard is some people don't like how large the cape is.  The cape is almost like a second figure you pose separately from Batman, and if you're not sure what to do with it in a pose then I can see how it would always be in the way.  I love the large cape myself because it lends itself to tons of cape-centric poses, but if you don't want a cape-dominant pose you can still fold it away into virtually any other pose, although minimizing it can definitely be a challenge.  Here's the black one in a cape-dominant pose:

ABLVV84w_xEiS9CoqALQym9fCWbSZ7JX_EW1d49n

Also the Super Trooper mail away started in 1988.  That should have given it away as well when grading it.

On 1/23/2024 at 7:09 PM, taro90 said:

Won an AFA graded G.I. Joe figure, Techno-Viper, from the recent Hake's auction. The label says, 1987. But it should be 1988. The card back has figures from the 87/88 line.   

tech_cobra.thumb.jpg.0e77e10b5b6ffb05e6038d645dc75585.jpg

Edited by whisp

On 1/19/2024 at 3:48 PM, Chip Cataldo said:

I'd say today was a pretty great toy day. :bigsmile:

Screenshot_20240119_164604_Samsung Internet.jpg

This is a grail of mine in toys, I really don't want o eBay. Only one I've seen worth buying at a show the guy had the whole set of Shogun Warriors he would only sell as a lot.
Nice pick up

On 11/25/2023 at 5:17 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Bought this 2 years ago from a guy in the UK for my "Batman Returns" infatuation. I've since misplaced it. It's small, maybe 3.5" tall. Made by Tweeterhead. Would love to replace it if anyone has seen it available anywhere.

20231125_171221.jpg

Still looking. Sold by Geek Gear. TYIA.:bump:

On 1/26/2024 at 10:10 PM, B3AST said:

This is a grail of mine in toys, I really don't want o eBay. Only one I've seen worth buying at a show the guy had the whole set of Shogun Warriors he would only sell as a lot.
Nice pick up

The shoguns I have are one of the definite never sell items. To this day, they one of the coolest toy lines to ever exist. The box art is phenomenal as well imo. 

On 1/26/2024 at 10:10 PM, B3AST said:

Nice pick up

This is also one I'm looking to pick up at a show locally. I've found a few over the years, but either the box is missing, or it's a repro, or the price is too high. One day I'll find the right one for me.

On 1/28/2024 at 1:31 PM, Buzzetta said:

Time for me to finally build this a little bit each day over the course of the week @Bosco685

IMG_9933.JPG.jpeg

Ooh, I'm jealous of this one!