• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,519 posts in this topic

On 5/25/2024 at 10:23 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Had to pick this up for the 14th printing that's packed-in. Box is pretty beat up, but I got a decent deal.

IMG_1575.thumb.JPG.b454362e2fafd9a422dac3348b068adf.JPG

It'll look nice sitting next to my TDKR set too

tdkr.thumb.JPG.44193aad8d7f6395137bf8f20f5f910d.JPG

:x

On 5/25/2024 at 4:12 AM, Cat said:

Could I ask a favour please, of my American friends? While you're out and about, could you please check the toy aisle, for the following 2 figures for me: McFarlane JLA Wave Superman Red. 

Superman-Red-PlatinumEdition-JLA-Front.jpg.a2c396a6fd69c0bacd9f5853369666fc.jpg

JLA Wave Mosaic Variant (officially known as Platinum Editions, this goes for Supes too) John Stewart. Please note the costume, the regular version is just in the standard Lantern uniform, the Platinum Edition is in his Mosaic costume. 

dc-multiverse-jla-baf-plactic-man-green-lantern-john-stewart-787926156799platinum_1024x1024.jpg.7a0721dbf063c884043e25361dca2b03.jpg

If you can only find one, that'd be greatly appreciated, thank you. One is better than none. Please note NO INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING IS NECESSARY. You only have to ship to another US address of a good friend of mine. 

I thank any and every one of you who can help me obtain these figures. 

Thank you. 

@Chip Cataldo @F For Fake

Sure thing bud! I went to a Target this weekend, but I think the only new McFarlane figure I saw that I'd not previously seen was hook-hand Aquaman, I think he's from this wave right? I don't get out to actual brick and mortar stores much, but I'll for sure keep an eye open!

A few things from the Hasbro Pulse sale last week. Concept Sunny is relatively new, so nice to get him on sale. Picked up the two Missing Link Primes, but haven't opened them yet as I'm not sure I need to keep them. Oh, and stopped in at a comic shop while traveling this weekend, figured Cyke was a good pickup at retail price $24.99

IMG_0816.JPG

IMG_0817.JPG

IMG_0818.JPG

On 5/28/2024 at 10:56 AM, F For Fake said:

Sure thing bud! I went to a Target this weekend, but I think the only new McFarlane figure I saw that I'd not previously seen was hook-hand Aquaman, I think he's from this wave right? I don't get out to actual brick and mortar stores much, but I'll for sure keep an eye open!

Thanks, mate. And yep, he's from that wave. 

On 5/25/2024 at 12:08 AM, Jesse-Lee said:

Also, obviously they were going to do this pose as one of the most iconic McFarlane Spideys, but then why not choose a 300 or even 301 reprint as the pack-in comic?

mcfarlane-toys-is-doing-marvel-v0-tronkikpdf2d1.thumb.webp.898ea28f3cb49e83480365363d10c135.webp

That confused me as well.

Doubt I want statues since I ditched them years ago to get into articulated figures, but I'll check them out.  I guess I'll see them at Targets, dunno really, I wasn't clear on whether these are fan channel only or intended for mass retail.

On 5/24/2024 at 8:22 PM, B2D327 said:

Got this email earlier today and as soon as I read the scale they'll be producing, I lost interest. Would've been more enticing had they kept with the standard 7" line that uncle Todd's been making but I guess that would make it a conflict of interest with Marvel's 6" legends line.

That's correct, Hasbro has to approve all figures and they don't allow any that compete with their own Marvel Legends line.  They don't allow any other 6-inch figures, and I've also heard they limit the number of points of articulation other Marvel lines can have which is why Diamond Select figures have far less articulation than Marvel Legends do.  I assume that applies to America only since the Japanese figure makers make 6-inch figures with even more articulation than Marvel Legends have.

Posted (edited)
On 5/27/2024 at 9:03 PM, F For Fake said:

Oh, and stopped in at a comic shop while traveling this weekend, figured Cyke was a good pickup at retail price $24.99

IMG_0817.JPG

That's the best Cyclops Hasbro has made to date.  The best one in the 6-inch scale was probably the Mafex Cyclops, but this one might be better than that one now.  It particularly blows away the Jim Lee Cyclops in this same outfit released in 2018 as a part of the Warlock build-a-figure wave.

They released this figure in 2022 with an animated cel-shaded paint job, and I rated it as one of Hasbro's best Marvel Legends of 2022.  This one is almost exactly the same except that it doesn't have the cel shading and has that awesome optic blast head and effect.  The half-smiling head is kinda meh, but everything else about this release is absolutely exceptional.  I particularly enjoy how all of his straps are built into the sculpt as opposed to being separate pieces that don't fit very well like most of Hasbro's Cyclops releases have had.

Edited by fantastic_four

On 5/28/2024 at 2:15 PM, fantastic_four said:

That's the best Cyclops Hasbro has made to date.  The best one in the 6-inch scale was probably the Mafex Cyclops, but this one might be better than that one now.  It particularly blows away the Jim Lee Cyclops in this same outfit released in 2018 as a part of the Warlock build-a-figure wave.

They released this figure in 2022 with an animated cel-shaded paint job, and I rated it as one of Hasbro's best Marvel Legends of 2022.  This one is almost exactly the same except that it doesn't have the cel shading and has that awesome optic blast head and effect.  The half-smiling head is kinda meh, but everything else about this release is absolutely exceptional.  I particularly enjoy how all of his straps are built into the sculpt as opposed to being separate pieces that don't fit very well like most of Hasbro's Cyclops releases have had.

Yes, I used to get very frustrated with the Warlock Cyke due to his little leg bands constantly falling down, it was terribly annoying. I passed on the VHS version as I didn't like the cell-shading, but when I saw this one I figured I may as well pick him up. I'm not sure how long I'll keep him, as I don't care for the Lee/90's X-Men, and am not looking to build a team, but I figured at retail I may as well scoop him up. Shouldn't be hard to unload down the line if I decide I don't need him.

On 5/29/2024 at 8:36 AM, F For Fake said:

Shouldn't be hard to unload down the line if I decide I don't need him.

Nope, every time he goes out of stock the Ebay prices start to rise.  People really love this Cyclops.

Also Hasbro's engineering on their plastic has become quite exceptional in recent years.  They're using some kind of new plastic that makes the joints VERY tight, sometimes a bit too tight but nothing some heat doesn't fix.  I have both of the Cyclops figures on this mold, and the joints on both are amazing.  Mafex has had some loose joint issues for years, and the 2020 Mafex Cyclops has pretty loose joints.  Just because of that this Hasbro version is far easier to work with and pose.  Mafex has also mostly solved their loose joint issue from early 2023 on, although I still do get some of their releases with a loose joint or two.

Posted (edited)

Some CGC contest giveaways. The Funko pops are fun, and it is usually how I obtain them. Glad to have them! Edit to say don't forget the beanie and van lol

IMG_20240603_152520330~2.jpg

IMG_20240603_151331620.jpg

IMG_20240603_113812323~2.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/3/2024 at 8:56 AM, F For Fake said:

Ok, now some pics of what was in the haul!

Lots of weapons, including a nearly complete set of accessories for the microcassettes, and yet, no cassettes present! I'll probably hang onto all of these, as I do run into the loose cassettes from time to time.

A pretty random assortment of bots. I'll be hanging onto the complete stuff. Nice to find a Blurr with an unbroken shield, and the complete Skullcruncher is nice. Hosehead is missing the big nozzle and one small gun (those are tough to track down) but I will still keep him, as he was one of the only Headmasters I had. I liked this lot because it has a bunch of the later stuff which was released after I'd aged out of Transformers. I was all in on the first few waves, up through the movie related figures, but after that I only had a handful. Targetmasters, Headmasters, Action Masters, Micromasters, Pretenders, that stuff all seems new to me, as I never any of it as a kid, and not much as an adult. 

So, to that end, oddly enough, the thing I like the most from this lot are the Pretenders! I thought Pretenders were so dumb as a kid, but as an adult I really love the big chunky figures and those wild 90's colors. Bombburst is missing his shoulder pads, and I think I'm missing a couple of axes, but those seem cheap, and the rest of these are complete. I dig 'em.  Also nice was the pile of Targetmaster guns and Powermaster pieces. No figures for those, but again these are keepers because I run into figures all of the time, but the guns are always missing. SO hanging onto the guns and waiting to find the figures is the best, economoical route.

Lots of incomplete beater bots, will probably use for trade bait. I like the Wheeljack but he's a bit rough, and I could be waiting years before I'd find the spoilers or those dumb missiles. In some cases, you're just better off buying complete figures instead of hoping to piece them together.

Had a ton of fun sorting through this junk as always, and pulling the lightbox out to take some dumb pics. Very fun weekend all around!

IMG_0922.JPG

IMG_0937.JPG

IMG_0938.JPG

IMG_0939.JPG

IMG_0940.JPG

IMG_0923.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

IMG_0932.JPG

IMG_0933.JPG

IMG_0934.JPG

IMG_0936.JPG

Absolutely tremendous haul! That's the good stuff. Happy for you!