• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,415 posts in this topic

On 7/10/2022 at 4:34 PM, Buzzetta said:

Take him apart and use a degreaser with a cotton swab on the non stickered internal parts.  It will loosen him up.  A lot of the resistance is the result to years of internal grime and dust. 

I dont know how to do that 🤣 Ill send it to you!

On 7/10/2022 at 6:43 PM, Raze said:

Also is there a want to buy section for toys @Buzzetta or can I ask here?

Nah... there have been instances of people looking out for people here.  There have been instances where myself and others have posted in a thread that they were at Lego or Target and asking if anyone needed something.  I think this is pretty closed door as far as threads go and nobody pay attention to us.  lol  What are you looking for? 

With that said, I do not think I would ever post a FS ad here. 

Picked this up from the same guy that had the Crystar castle.  Guy had everything from that line.  

Looks solid in the pics.  Can't lie though, the wings are broken like 99% are.  Mine just displays ok. 

Not common, but not insanely rare.

This line is both fascinating and really horrible.  Giggidy

Patrick

20220709_193342.jpg

20220709_193155.jpg

20220709_193120.jpg

On 7/10/2022 at 6:55 PM, followtheleader said:

Big Earthworm Jim fan.  Some seem to have appreciated a little.  Got it for a solid price.  Going back to grab a couple.  Bee chicken is definitely the least appreciated.

Patrick

20220709_155135.jpg

When I reentered the comic arena, earthworm Jim is one of the first Nintendo Power mags I picked up!

Such good times! With turtles some things get punched into the anthropomorphic animal pile, but I thought a lot of the tick, earthworm and others! Seemed inventive, especially with any medium and artistic style that are put into them! :takeit:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/10/2022 at 7:59 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

When I reentered the comic arena, earthworm Jim is one of the first Nintendo Power mags I picked up!

Such good times! With turtles some things get punched into the ampormaphoric animal pile, but I thought a lot of the tick, earthworm and others! Seemed inventive, especially with any medium are artistic style put into them! :takeit:

The figures were also made by Playmates.  To me, it's a matter of time before people really want them.  From 1994, so only a few years removed from TMNT figures.

Patrick

On 7/10/2022 at 7:01 PM, followtheleader said:

The figures were also made by Playmates.  To me, it's a matter of time before people really want them.  From 1994, so only a few years removed from TMNT figures.

Patrick

Thanks, I had edited further for a bit more proper grammar, and it is appreciated!

On 7/10/2022 at 7:55 PM, followtheleader said:

Big Earthworm Jim fan.  Some seem to have appreciated a little.  Got it for a solid price.  Going back to grab a couple.  Bee chicken is definitely the least appreciated.

Patrick

20220709_155135.jpg

(worship)

Follow up on what @onlyweaknesskryptonite has nicknamed “Misery Fett”.

Did the live chat thing with Hasbro Pulse.  They apparently don’t handle anything opened especially if it is defective.  Gave me a number to call within Hasbro.  Spoke to them and they offered me two options since they are out of stock.  

1 - Refund

2 - Compensation with different Star Wars products.

My decision ?  I have to buy another one anyway and from what I am reading there are many issues with the production of this figure.  Option two allows me to keep it and when I buy another one I will cobble together a “good” version from the parts with the second figure if that also has any issues.  (Missing paint apps, defective hands) 

Also, I guess that if it is anything outside my collecting focus then my toys for tots donation increases in size this year. 

Heads up to the Lego guys in this group.

Massive price increase on existing sets goes into effect August 1st...

You know the big Lego Tree House?  If you were on the fence at the $200 price tag, it is moving up to $250 in August.

Here is a partial list. 

https://www.theverge.com/2022/7/11/23204181/lego-price-increase-harry-potter-star-wars-ideas-nintendo

Amazon Prime Day Special for Star Wars Collectors 

Rex is around $30 just for himself on eBay.

The whole set is $38.99

That's four Vintage Collection Figures for less than $10 each.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Collection-3-75-inch-Scale-Exclusive/dp/B08T6M7G2P

image.thumb.png.2681d72b53e01b683e5377ebaf781a9b.png

Edited by Buzzetta

Mafex Iron Man Mark 85 from Endgame came in yesterday.  The main hitch was that DHL--the cheapest and most popular shipper from Japan--showed the package as delivered about a half-hour before it arrived.  I've had them deliver about a dozen Mafex figures from Japan so far, and two of those were left on the wrong porch luckily on my block so I found them both within 20 minutes of mis-delivery.  So I assumed they had done it again, took a 15-minute lap to all of the houses within a square block of my house, didn't see it, but by the time I got back it was already on my porch.  Frustrating, but not for long so not so bad.  (shrug)

The Legends Mark 85 was already one of their better Iron Man sculpts so it's not a clear upgrade.  But it absolutely IS an upgrade, particularly on articulation since for whatever reason both Legends Mark 85 releases are made from rather gummy plastic with ratcheted joints that don't want to stay in poses between the course ratchet points.  The Mafex has drop-down hips, and if you look at the pics below in the first his hips are fully pushed up into his pelvis, but in the second they're fully extended down.  Pushed up he's about a third of an inch shorter than the Legends figure, but pulled down he's about the same height within 1/16 of an inch.  Overall I'm satisfied, but he's an easy pass for the Legends if you already have it or are looking to get one of the two.

AM-JKLXkg6Qp8qJUzbECCvTKHWkPzkguemw7jNog AM-JKLXretG7jsmlMxH8FRijcOtwyHSLw9lg39IB

One additional note about Medicom Mafex figures--if it's a popular character if you don't pre-order they can be VERY difficult to get.  Medicom seems to either plan for inventory to sell out fast or are just underestimating how quickly they will sell because anything remotely popular is typically sold out before it even releases.  That's why I pre-ordered Mark 85--I thought he'd be popular and hard to get once he released, and as expected I don't see anywhere you can get him now.  And even if I were to decide I don't need him the aftermarket is so strong that you almost always make some degree of profit if you re-sell.  Even less-popular Mafex figures go for $200 and up on eBay once soppily is gone from the retail market, and more-popular ones tend to go for double to quadruple original retail price.

Medicom does often re-release popular figures, although they don't always do it so it's not something I rely on.  The best example is their Gambit figure released in late 2021.  Mafex Gambit is probably the best action figure I bought all last year, but it was just about impossible to get within a month of and following its release, and it's now regularly selling for $250 to $300 on eBay.  I bet they re-release it, but who knows when--could be later this year, could be three years from now.  One interesting thing about Mafex re-releases is they almost always make design tweaks to improve the re-releases, and there are more than a few hardcore Mafex fans who buy re-releases just to get the minor upgrades Medicom makes.

Among the upcoming releases examples of figures you'd better pre-order now or you may not get them are Scarlet Spider, Magneto, Iron Man Mark 50, Storm, symbiote Spidey, Jean Grey (already sold out for months), classic suit Spider-Man, and Infinity War Doctor Strange.  Strange is my most-anticipated figure of 2022 and is now being shipped.  He looks absolutely glorious in the pics and one Japanese review that hit Youtube yesterday and as usual is likely to be the definitive version of the character in twelfth scale.  The cape looks AMAZING, and the accessories look to be over-the-top good.  (worship)

e81cb8a91c20448c96f4cc747f5d584a_Q50.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four

I love this SDCC Black Series Boba Fett, even if it is the first mold, not the the newest Boba they just gave us. 

slm7ny0ouab91.jpg.3cd831ddc909bcc6a07742998c3f40b2.jpg

On 7/13/2022 at 9:26 AM, Cat said:

I love this SDCC Black Series Boba Fett, even if it is the first mold, not the the newest Boba they just gave us. 

slm7ny0ouab91.jpg.3cd831ddc909bcc6a07742998c3f40b2.jpg

Any idea where this look is from?  Never seen it nor that axe he comes with.

On 7/14/2022 at 12:05 AM, fantastic_four said:

Any idea where this look is from?  Never seen it nor that axe he comes with.

I guessed one of the recent comic events like War Of The Bounty Hunters. I have no clue either.