• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,428 posts in this topic

On 7/7/2022 at 12:16 PM, whisp said:

Saw this wall mount style on youtube so went and grabbed some supplies. Was a bit different and called drywall straps. Total was $20 to make a 6 row 3 feet section. My collection so far plus a couple on a bookshelf. I bought some of those mystery packs and they had the stickers in them.

hotwheelswallmount.jpg

hotwallin.jpg

awesome awesome awesome!
I assume the green one at the bottom? that the weight from figures up top didn't cause it to lean? Or doesn't create too much pressure on the bubble plastic holding the vehicle?

On 7/7/2022 at 1:20 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

awesome awesome awesome!
I assume the green one at the bottom? that the weight from figures up top didn't cause it to lean? Or doesn't create too much pressure on the bubble plastic holding the vehicle?

There is a ledge down there for the card to sit on.  That is the GoPro hero 5 Car which is packaged on an angle so why I put it at bottom for my oddball cars.

goproangle.jpg

On 7/6/2022 at 9:00 AM, fantastic_four said:

If you haven't seen it the upcoming Mafex Infinity War Iron Man Mark 50 pictured below has the most insane array of accessories I've ever seen come with an action figure.  Seems like they covered ALL of the major nano-tech gadgets Tony used in that movie, and maybe all of the minor ones, too.  Not cheap at $189.99 at Big Bad Toy Store and $120 or so direct from Japan before shipping (which usually runs $15 to $40 from Japan to America and is most economical when you ship at least 2-3 figures together).

2687228_1_20220225201310.jpg

Couple questions:

Where do you purchase these straight from Japan? I know you can try Amazon JP but they don't always ship to the US. 

How does MAFEX scale to Legends? Even better, got some pics with this Endgame Iron Man next to the Legends release?

On 7/7/2022 at 5:28 PM, Namtak said:

I shouldnt have gone shopping with my father lol he was faster and got the king shark 0.5 second before i could get my hands on it:pullhair:lol

20220707_181622.jpg

Gotta move fast, faster faster-faster-faster! Wait that's hedgehog lol

Tell dad hes king for a day, most likely all the time  :headbang:

Or he should at least feel that way Haha, kudos!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 7/7/2022 at 2:44 PM, Lpgk said:

Where do you purchase these straight from Japan? I know you can try Amazon JP but they don't always ship to the US. 

How does MAFEX scale to Legends? Even better, got some pics with this Endgame Iron Man next to the Legends release?

I get mine from various Japanese sites.  Amazon Japan sellers often don't ship to the US, but if you keep checking they usually have a seller who does.  Here are the direct fan sites I order from:

All of those are rock solid Japanese retailers who you can order from mostly worry-free.  Hobby Link Japan is probably the best of the best, but they also sell out the fastest.  Big Bad Toy Store is always a last option, but they upcharge the most since they have to import their stuff first.  They also receive their stuff 2 to 6 weeks later than the Japanese retailers since they're in America.

There's a Korean toy photographer who tends to get pics out first of new import releases named Isaac Wong who has great pics comparing the new Mafex Mark 85 to the Legends and SH Figuarts versions:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?vanity=IsaacWongToys&set=a.2330714350417980

291020582_2330704143752334_6271725188504

In general Mafex scales pretty well with Marvel Legends, although some figures will run about 1/4" tall or short at times.  But that's equally true of Legends as well with MANY figures being a bit too tall or short.  Marvel Legends is really a 6.5" scale and runs more towards 1:11 instead of 1:12 as is readily apparent in the pic below featuring the following figures:

• Legends Cyclops
  • Mafex Cyclops
  • Mafex Psylocke
  • Mafex brown suit Wolverine
  • Legends X-Force Wolverine
  • Mafex Spider-Man
  • Legends black suit Spider-Man (from Kraven 2-pack released in 2019)
  • Legends retro Spider-Man

Among all of the figures below the two that I would describe as being most out of scale are the Legends Spider-Man figures.  Note that they're about as tall as Cyclops despite the fact that Cyclops should be about 6' 3" and Peter Parker is supposed to be around 5' 10".  In my previous post the Legends Mark 85 is also a bit too tall and the Mafex is closer to how he should scale even as compared to other Legends given that Robert Downey is about 5' 8", although he wears lifts for Marvel movies and is usually around 5' 10".

AM-JKLWBEpXu8ljHcENVEcql_0ucFA2db37NfuSX

On 7/8/2022 at 11:27 PM, cyclonus11 said:

Looks like a metal wheels Kup, too. (thumbsu

Indeed! The arms are a tiny bit loose, but the paint is nice, so all in all I’m happy!

Here's an article about a major part of rising prices in general life. It includes a brief mention of protest by Hasbro and Mattel, better explaining recent price increases. 

https://www.propublica.org/article/ocean-freight-shipping-costs-inflation

What a f'n joke.  This figure was overpriced to begin with but I said, "what the heck" since I really am not buying much these days and I really liked the depiction of the character.  

Boba Fett is broken.  His ankle seems to be molded incorrectly with the joint curled on the side of the leg so that it looks like he has a severe club foot. 

So now I have to figure out how to return something to Hasbro Pulse... 

I am already looking online for a replacement but am not going to pull the trigger until after Monday morning when I have a chance to speak to or get in touch with Hasbro Pulse. 

Edited by Buzzetta

So here is the issue... 

Here is how it supposed to look from the back of a YouTube video... and then there is mine.  The mold on the ankle is twerked to the side.  There is no way to move the rocker part of the foot as it is fuzed.  I even used the warm water approach thinking that it was just in need of a good loosening.  Unfortunately it is molded wrong. 

IMG_9948.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 12.09.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-07-10 at 12.42.21 PM.png

On 7/10/2022 at 5:33 PM, Raze said:

I went to a local toy show today and got a toy from my childhood that Ive wanted but passed on at a few cons. I didnt want to pay $30 or more for it. 

So today I found one for $10. I asked the owner if I could transform him. He said yes. My friend then asked me if I remembered how to do it I said of course. So I tried to transform him and the pieces were very sticky and did not want to move so I did not go any further because I didn’t want to break the toy.
I talked to the owner a little more and I felt bad but I asked if he would take five dollars for it he said absolutely so I took it home.

Even at home he was a bit sticky and kind of rusty on some of the pieces but he still transforms!

E896BF5D-73E2-4C12-BCAF-BF95DC0EBF25.jpeg

5695BD43-2A4E-4C85-B0A2-25A9BAC54288.jpeg

25D02420-0124-4F7F-9F1E-B3B09FC84B2A.jpeg

Take him apart and use a degreaser with a cotton swab on the non stickered internal parts.  It will loosen him up.  A lot of the resistance is the result to years of internal grime and dust.