• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,485 posts in this topic

On 7/16/2022 at 6:15 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Just so I know:

Was the fight to get it? Today when you found it or as a kid? Both?

A strap for grenade type figures would be a market I'm familiar with, has got to be 80's?

Yeah, I didn't explain well. 

The "fight" was a few weeks back.  I went to buy it, 2nd buyer jumped in, ended up going for significantly more than I originally was going to get it for.   

I'm cool with it though.  I haven't run across one yet, so I doubt I'll see a sealed version again. 

They are from the 80s.   They did okay when they came out.  But definitely more desirable today.   Getting a full set is not the easiest.  The weapons can be a super pain. 

A person would think they are easy from a condition perspective.  But they are a super pain.  The heat sensitive rubs are constantly missing, they get paint rubs pretty easily, many get discolored/dirty (especially white), etc. 

Patrick

On 7/17/2022 at 12:01 AM, Poekaymon said:

Finally got around to getting some hydrogen peroxide.  Really spruced this dude up.

IMG_0261.thumb.jpg.0a7ba75c75223b2335e7d3f6d9860da0.jpg

IMG_0264.thumb.jpg.86ab3866ec51d382ed664c8c3c4c070a.jpg

Looks amazing. 

Did you take it apart 1st?   Any impact to the screws or other portions?

Patrick

On 7/18/2022 at 12:15 PM, followtheleader said:

Yeah, I didn't explain well. 

The "fight" was a few weeks back.  I went to buy it, 2nd buyer jumped in, ended up going for significantly more than I originally was going to get it for.   

I'm cool with it though.  I haven't run across one yet, so I doubt I'll see a sealed version again. 

They are from the 80s.   They did okay when they came out.  But definitely more desirable today.   Getting a full set is not the easiest.  The weapons can be a super pain. 

A person would think they are easy from a condition perspective.  But they are a super pain.  The heat sensitive rubs are constantly missing, they get paint rubs pretty easily, many get discolored/dirty (especially white), etc. 

Patrick

In Japan they're in continuity with Transformers. Over in the US the property was sold to DST/Art Asylum, for Minimates. They made like 2 and that was it. I'd love to see a proper new series of them, which Japan did some years ago. I got a Sofubi of a shark one, which is pretty cool looking. 

On 7/17/2022 at 10:17 PM, followtheleader said:

Looks amazing. 

Did you take it apart 1st?   Any impact to the screws or other portions?

Patrick

Although taking it apart first is the right way, I was too lazy for that.  No impact (that I can see) to anything else. 

It's SDCC week!  Diamond revealed a new classic Apocalypse figure that looks interesting, although it's odd that Hasbro also is doing a new classic Apocalypse at almost exactly the same time.  We see that a lot with movie figures for obvious reasons, but why they'd release the same comic figure at the same time is odd.

There's something semi-realistic about the Diamond version in the first pic below.  He's the first rendition of the character who struck me as actually looking Egyptian as the character is supposed to be.  Second pic shows the Hasbro version first revealed a month or two ago.  I'm guessing the Diamond figure is about 9 inches and the Hasbro is about 8, although it doesn't matter much since En Sabah Nur can change his size at will.  For now I prefer the Hasbro costume deco, although I've heard the Diamond figure may come with alternate effect pieces that it doesn't look like they're showing yet.

unknown.png F3446_PROD_SPD_LEGENDS_YELLOW8_0001_Online_2000SQ_2000x.jpg?v=1655820904

Edited by fantastic_four

Hasbro's is just the recent BAF, which was a great figure, but repainted. I don't think I need it in the Animated colour scheme, but I still haven't decided yet. As for the Marvel Select, I'm a bit disappointed in that one. I usually love the Selects, but this one I feel has too large of a head. Hopefully they fix that before production. 

Does anyone else realize how out of touch the Star Wars team is when they cannot even spell "Boba Fett correctly" ?

$200 Forget the price.

Same ship they offered for the last two years with a new paint app, no Han in Carbonite, but a new Boba Fett figure without any armor. 

Oh and there are a lot of unnecessary gimmick repaints coming.  Credit collection in funky colors?  Collectors tin of previously released retro figures?

At what point is the Star Wars team broken up with new blood coming in to lead them back down the right path? 

I mean, the last two Haslab projects failed while you watch an overpriced Hiss Tank become fairly priced with decent gimmicks and add ons and it gets funded with all tier unlocks secured within a week and a half.

SW Hasbro team is really dropping the ball more than they did ten years ago. 

IMG_0177.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

Wow - Finally saw the official press release. 

The upcoming release of Slave 1 which has the non-armored Boba Fett in it will be $200

You can still get the previous release from two years ago at retail for $150

Big Bad Toy Store - Boba Fett's Slave 1

Here's some good news from NECA. They're doing another lot of Mirage Turtles. All new sculpts, based off the work of Jim Lawson, circa City At War. There's also a Triceraton which seems to match up stylistically next to them, I guess that's a part of the line? 

Then we've got three more Last Ronin figures incoming: Leo, Raph, and a Synja. Raph had better come with an alternate head, I know the panel that expression is from, but it's too much to display all the time. 

Their Animated line also continues, with many new offerings, such as Man Ray and Jagwar. 

agebsmybhzc91.png.6b6fe9c79543f8184f698d193be01a91.pngmxp5yjcfi1d91.jpg.608d2fb04a5812f0478cecc895de8e0c.jpg

Lego Calendar released for August.  If you buy the 90th Castle at launch they are offering the Forrestman Hideout set for free since the castle is $400 and qualifies for the $150 threshold. 

8CAE84B3-1989-4557-99AC-8D844DF6892B.png

F20FFE1F-E3AF-4F78-B7DA-0EFEF3180515.webp

9982474E-DEBC-473C-8207-140F50A4516F.jpeg

For interest's sake, these TMNT sculpts shown off at SDCC 

8fn5p1wmjmd91.jpg.70fb8a32456b74797c896c224b8aec8c.jpg

Are confirmed to be based on the art of Jim Lawson (which we all knew anyway, they nailed his style), and they're sculpted by Paul Harding. He's had success recently on Marvel Legends, where Hasbro purchased his 'Heads Of The 70's' sets, and we've had them sprinkled in for a while. They're great sculpts. He might well end up being the new 4 Forsemen, if he plays his cards right. 

On 7/26/2022 at 10:03 AM, Cat said:

Are confirmed to be based on the art of Jim Lawson (which we all knew anyway, they nailed his style), and they're sculpted by Paul Harding. He's had success recently on Marvel Legends, where Hasbro purchased his 'Heads Of The 70's' sets, and we've had them sprinkled in for a while. They're great sculpts.

Yep, with those 70s Harding sculpts most recently used for all of their 20th Anniversary of Marvel Legends figures.  He did the head sculpts for all three of these.

maxresdefault.jpg