• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,350 posts in this topic

Coming fall 2023

Exclusive Reveal- Diamond Select's New Wolverine Brown Suit Bust

Marvel_WolverineBrown_Bust_01.thumb.webp.c4629d1ac7d1772a5449cbff88a222b8.webp

Marvel_WolverineBrown_Bust_02.thumb.webp.fead00532bbe255ca43ca7d295a279d9.webp

Wolverine's Best Suit Is The Brown Suit

"Marvel Comic Brown Wolverine 1/7 Scale Mini-Bust. A Diamond Select Toys release! Snikt! The berserker X-Man known as Wolverine is the newest 1/7 scale mini-bust in the Marvel Comics line! Wearing his classic brown costume and with his claws bared, this resin mini-bust of Logan stands approximately 5.5 inches tall atop an adamantium claw base, and features real metal claws! Limited to only 3000 pieces, it comes packaged in a full color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity. Designed by Nelson Asencio, sculpted by Juan Pitluk! Mini-bust, SRP: $90.00, Shipping fall 2023."

On 1/20/2023 at 3:13 AM, ak47po said:

Coming fall 2023

"Marvel Comic Brown Wolverine 1/7 Scale Mini-Bust. A Diamond Select Toys release! Snikt! The berserker X-Man known as Wolverine is the newest 1/7 scale mini-bust in the Marvel Comics line! Wearing his classic brown costume and with his claws bared, this resin mini-bust of Logan stands approximately 5.5 inches tall atop an adamantium claw base, and features real metal claws! Limited to only 3000 pieces, it comes packaged in a full color box with a numbered certificate of authenticity. Designed by Nelson Asencio, sculpted by Juan Pitluk! Mini-bust, SRP: $90.00, Shipping fall 2023."

That's pretty nice. I'm quite tempted. 

On 1/18/2023 at 5:23 PM, Buzzetta said:

We get screwed here on Long Island (at least in my town btw).  Got a quote of $1500 to do my floor.   I did it myself for around $450.    Is it perfect for $1500?  No, but it IS perfect for $450.   I had to sand it down to the bare wood and I have to cut and install the shoe moulding this week. 

$1500 for what looks like a 10x10 or so room seems quite high.  We did our entire house a year ago and got a number of quotes which varied wildly.  Highest one was about $10 per square foot (no frills, water-based finish).  Ended up going with someone that did it all for a bit less than $3.  

On 1/19/2023 at 1:13 PM, Poekaymon said:

$1500 for what looks like a 10x10 or so room seems quite high.  We did our entire house a year ago and got a number of quotes which varied wildly.  Highest one was about $10 per square foot (no frills, water-based finish).  Ended up going with someone that did it all for a bit less than $3.  

I definitely agree that it is high 😂.  We call it the “insert town name” tax actually.  When I needed a complete tear down and new roof put up I kept getting crazy quotes.  The neighbor was too.  My friend stepped in who worked for a solar company at the time and he asked one of the roofers they were associated with to do a favor.   They did the job for HALF of what everyone else wanted as a favor to my friend.  

But I’ve noticed we pay a little more where we live due to location and price has varied by location which gets spoken about in private Facebook group chats.  I’ve got no kids but I am in the local dads group anyway.  You learn a lot. 

On 1/19/2023 at 12:00 PM, Cat said:
On 1/19/2023 at 11:13 AM, ak47po said:

Coming fall 2023

Expand  

That's pretty nice. I'm quite tempted. 

I saw it when posted here earlier, I can't shake the feeling it feels like he's wearing a top set of dentures. Shouldn't he have a set of vampire teeth, something odd about being flat all the way across. Then with the bulbous cheeks it has too old a feel for me idk

Lego Indiana Jones sets not shown but described...

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-indiana-jones-2023-vorschau-2/156746/

Four remakes of prior sets will be the lead in with the remaining sets slotted for this year to focus on Dial of Destiny.  No spoilers in the link for Dial of Destiny as no one knows what the DoD sets are.  Lego is doing a good job of keeping them under wraps. 

In other news there is a LOT of negative feelings coming out of the recent round of Hasbro q&a's across various toylines.  I watched the Indiana Jones one and read up on most of the Star Wars one.  Fans are very disappointed in what Hasbro is setting for their MSRP with the popular nickname calling it the "Boba Fett tax".  The price increases for certain figures make no sense when the offered excuses are analyzed.  Over on one site, they took the figures apart and laid out the pieces to show that Hasbro is basically lying lol.

Basic news of interest though:

• There will be no SW Black Series vehicles since the Snow Speeder was basically a failure
  • There are no plans for any Star Wars vehicles as of now.
  • There are no plans for an Indiana Jones "Vintage Collection SW Style" figure line. They are going to reissue the retro figures from Kenner and then solely concentrate on the 6" line. 
  • Reports indicate that Haslab needs to rethink itself with certain lines given the failure of the Rancor and the Ghost Rider Car.  
  • The newer CEO of Hasbro is going for a lot of money grabs and FOR ONCE... the fans are not having it.  Seems that there is a lot of rejection at retail for certain inflated prices.   Best examples of ridiculousness were the Carbonized repaints and the anything with a Mandalorian helmet on it. 
  • My personal insight on the this is that if fans stop buying then they will stop making like the decision to stay away from vehicles. 

On 1/19/2023 at 6:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

Fans are very disappointed in what Hasbro is setting for their MSRP with the popular nickname calling it the "Boba Fett tax".

It's because with the Black Series Hasbro started charging for Boba Fett as if he's a deluxe figure.  Historically they've charged for him the same as other figures, but starting with this one they spread all of accessories out around him and put him in a double-wide box that usually larger deluxe figures come in.  There's no apparent reason to put him in a big box or charge $31.99 for him instead of their usual standard price of $22.99 at the time or $24.99 now, so when they did this six months ago they started calling it the Boba Fett tax because they assumed Hasbro was doing it because people love Boba Fett.

6489504_sd.jpg;maxHeight=640;maxWidth=55

This appears to have started with Marvel Legends this week when they announced this Spidey figure from the Playstation game that has no elaborate accessories beyond what any standalone figure would have that costs $34.99 for some reason instead of the $24.99 standard.  Absolutely no visible reason to charge that much--every piece shown below has already been sculpted and released before in different colors than we see here--but they're doing it anyway.  (shrug)

F7040_PROD_SPD_LEGENDS_6IN_EXC_F_6_121_O

Edited by fantastic_four

On 1/19/2023 at 8:57 PM, fantastic_four said:

It's because with the Black Series Hasbro started charging for Boba Fett as if he's a deluxe figure.  Historically they've charged for him the same as other figures, but starting with this one they spread all of accessories out around him and put him in a double-wide box that usually larger deluxe figures come in.  There's no apparent reason to put him in a big box or charge $31.99 for him instead of their usual standard price of $22.99 at the time or $24.99 now, so when they did this six months ago they started calling it the Boba Fett tax because they assumed Hasbro was doing it because people love Boba Fett.

This appears to have started with Marvel Legends this week when they announced this Spidey figure from the Playstation game that has no elaborate accessories beyond what any standalone figure would have that costs $34.99 for some reason instead of the $24.99 standard.  Absolutely no visible reason to charge that much--every piece shown below has already been sculpted and released before in different colors than we see here--but they're doing it anyway.  (shrug)

I should have clarified.  It has nothing to do with the 6" line.  It is just referring to the Vintage Collection.

$12.99 when it came out.  Months later they are doing a repaint of the figure for $20.99.  Then there is another repaint for about the same... and another...   The Tattooine Figure was $26.99.  The Paz Vizsla 3 3/4" is $27.99.   Many of these actual Boba Fett repaints and repacks are using the same mold.  Any Fett related figure is getting a boost in price as well.  

Also here is the breakdown that they did of the Vintage Collection analyzing Hasbro's claim of justification for these higher price points because of the utilization of a higher part count. 

https://www.jeditemplearchives.com/2023-01-19-the-boba-fett-tax-do-more-parts-really-justify-the-high-prices/

image.thumb.png.3d055505c75d76a2ccce16fa451fc624.png image.thumb.png.5a60d65edc464aa29a330e3d063e2999.png 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 1/8/2023 at 12:41 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

At first I thought "red panda" was slang in Australia for fox, but evidently is its own creature. :)

Something that I wasnt aware of idk 

On 1/8/2023 at 6:23 PM, Cat said:

lol No, we do have foxes, but we just call them foxes. Red pandas are Chinese, and they're awesome little guys. I've hand-fed them before, and they're very neat creatures. 

Now I can’t help but think of this Simpsons clip!

@Cat Sorry if you loath this episode. I always took it as the Simpsons making fun of Americans more than Australians. 

On 1/20/2023 at 8:49 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

@Cat Sorry if you loath this episode. I always took it as the Simpsons making fun of Americans more than Australians. 

I heard they found again the largest frog that is either trip enducing or that of making you sick, in Australia recently, called the giant cane toad. They had to wear gloves, I know that.

Screenshot_20230120_205454_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/21/2023 at 12:49 PM, Brandon Shepherd said:

I find it hilarious. It's so far from reality it's just funny. One of my favourite episodes. 

And just yesterday a record sized cane toad was found, which might be what you're referring to, Addy. The media have dubbed it 'Toadzilla'. I think it was about the size of a chicken, which is huge for a cane toad. 

On 1/20/2023 at 9:34 PM, Cat said:

I find it hilarious. It's so far from reality it's just funny. One of my favourite episodes. 

And just yesterday a record sized cane toad was found, which might be what you're referring to, Addy. The media have dubbed it 'Toadzilla'. I think it was about the size of a chicken, which is huge for a cane toad. 

My screenshot in the post said, yes cane toad, but I forgot it's hood name of toadzilla 😂

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 1/19/2023 at 8:57 PM, fantastic_four said:
On 1/19/2023 at 6:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

Fans are very disappointed in what Hasbro is setting for their MSRP with the popular nickname calling it the "Boba Fett tax".

That may be so with the Hasbro DX, but as a Fett focus collector going on decades, the "Fett tax" is something spoken and brought up mostly by people in the hobby as a way to describe how the more popular Fett pieces from the original series command a premium in the market. The most popular production pieces by far are the 21 Back (20 Back is the Canadian, rarer but not as popular as the US 21), the Ledy Removable Rocket Fett, and then various loose figure variants.

If you did a round up to illustrate this in the preproduction realm, the wax for the fixed rocket Fett sold for nearly $1 Million privately some years back and is now tucked away in a collection. The Toy Fair Fett sold for $180k in 2016, a few short weeks after it aired on Pawn Stars, and Rick's highest offer was $100k. The L and J Slots have both commanded record prices, ranging between $236k-$150k at various times over the last year. If you compare this to even first 12 character waxes or hardcopies, first shots (which is what the Toy Fair Fett and L and J are) there is no private sale anywhere close to these even in the prototype realm. As a Fett focus collector, you need to accept that it's part of the collecting landscape and in most instances, the "Fett tax" is brought up by non-Fett collectors who bellyache about the value disparity between Fett and every other character in the vintage Star Wars line.