• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,342 posts in this topic

Loving the Classified Trouble Bubble. Thanks for posting the news F for Fake. I didn't pay much attention to this line at first, but when the HISS was offered, I decided to get some figures to make a small display when it arrives.  The figures keep looking better and better too -  Crimson Guard, Bat, Cobra Officer...

On 2/1/2023 at 6:30 PM, Mickey7 said:

Loving the Classified Trouble Bubble. Thanks for posting the news F for Fake. I didn't pay much attention to this line at first, but when the HISS was offered, I decided to get some figures to make a small display when it arrives.  The figures keep looking better and better too -  Crimson Guard, Bat, Cobra Officer...

I am still at Snake Eyes and Timber as my only 6" Joe figure. 

I have the Walmart Retro Stormshadow 6" supposedly coming one day. 

I will probably pick up a Snake Eyes 82" 6" when they start popping up on eBay since I missed the Walmart preorder and I will definitely pick up the inevitable Snake Eyes 85 if it is a faithful reproduction to the original SE2 figure. 

After that... it's been a considerable amount of restraint to not pull the trigger but I've been doing other things with the money.  I got rid of so much that I value the "less is more thing".

However, I almost pulled the trigger on Dusty, Stalker, Zarana, Recondo, Beachhead and a few others... 

On 2/3/2023 at 2:17 AM, ak47po said:

Suit Up with Hasbro's Newest Star Wars Replica Helmet

"THE BLACK SERIES SCOUT TROOPER PREMIUM ELECTRONIC HELMET – (HASBRO/Ages 14 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $131.99/Available: Summer 2023). Used by the Empire for various missions, Scout Troopers were lightly armored compared with other Stormtroopers, allowing them to move more quickly and easily in a range of environments. STAR WARS fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the biggest battles and missions in the STAR WARS galaxy with this premium roleplay, SCOUT TROOPER PREMIUM ELECTRONIC HELMET, inspired by the Star Wars: Return of the Jedi."

Features premium deco, realistic detail, movie-inspired design and electronic voice distortion so fans and collectors can have their voice to sound just like a Scout Trooper. Available this Summer at Hasbro Pulse and most major retailers. [Requires 1x AAA batteries – not included]"

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-2.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-4.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-5.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-7.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-10.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-11.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-13.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-14.webp

This is a preorder for me. I HAVE to have it. I love Scout Troopers, but don't have a full-size bucket. This will fill that hole nicely for now. 

I got part of a haul today thanks to a friend from America. Here's what was in it: NECA TMNT Animated: Wingnut & Screwloose

TMNT 1990 Movie: Leonardo And Donatello

Splinter And Shredder

FOOT Soldier 2 pack

GIJOE Classified: Baroness with COIL

Breaker

X-Men Marvel Legends Animated VHS line: Jean Grey

Morph (he's been top of my want list for years, so I'm thrilled to finally have him). 

I also received a Transformers Magic Square Red Cannon aka a Core-scale 3rd party Sideswipe. Nice enough figure with a beautiful paintjob. Super tight joints, and his shoulder launcher won't attach, which really bugs me, because I LOVE shoulder launchers on characters. He's also really out of scale, standing almost 6 heads too high. But he's really one of your only choices for the character for the moment, so he'll do as a decent too-tall stand-in until Hasbro or Newage does their version. 

MFT Huge Dragon aka Transformers Core Scale Omega Supreme. This is a big figure, but looks right for the scale. Nice sculpt, nice paint, nice everything. Can't really go wrong. Happy to add this to the collection. 

I also got Newage Manero before that, aka Transformers Jazz. He's a REALLY nice figure. Great sculpt, great paint, scale is perfect, well worth adding to the collection. You'll be happy with this one. 

On 2/2/2023 at 8:47 PM, Cat said:

This is a preorder for me. I HAVE to have it. I love Scout Troopers, but don't have a full-size bucket. This will fill that hole nicely for now. 

Same! I have Vader and Boba already so this will be a nice third piece. 

Not Hasbro but I pre-ordered this not long ago. I don’t have high hopes but I couldn’t resist…

2899CE63-B273-4EB1-BDDC-04FCBF19B79B.png

On 2/3/2023 at 12:07 PM, bentbryan said:

Same! I have Vader and Boba already so this will be a nice third piece. 

Not Hasbro but I pre-ordered this not long ago. I don’t have high hopes but I couldn’t resist…

2899CE63-B273-4EB1-BDDC-04FCBF19B79B.png

That looks cool. I hope they get the finish of it right. 

On 2/3/2023 at 2:17 AM, ak47po said:

Suit Up with Hasbro's Newest Star Wars Replica Helmet

"THE BLACK SERIES SCOUT TROOPER PREMIUM ELECTRONIC HELMET – (HASBRO/Ages 14 years & up/Approx. Retail Price: $131.99/Available: Summer 2023). Used by the Empire for various missions, Scout Troopers were lightly armored compared with other Stormtroopers, allowing them to move more quickly and easily in a range of environments. STAR WARS fans and collectors can imagine scenes from the biggest battles and missions in the STAR WARS galaxy with this premium roleplay, SCOUT TROOPER PREMIUM ELECTRONIC HELMET, inspired by the Star Wars: Return of the Jedi."

Features premium deco, realistic detail, movie-inspired design and electronic voice distortion so fans and collectors can have their voice to sound just like a Scout Trooper. Available this Summer at Hasbro Pulse and most major retailers. [Requires 1x AAA batteries – not included]"

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-2.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-4.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-5.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-7.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-10.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-11.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-13.webp

STAR-WARS-THE-BLACK-SERIES-SCOUT-TROOPER-PREMIUM-ELECTRONIC-HELMET-14.webp

So this and the other Star Wars figures shown at this time will NOT be released for preorders. They'll simply be released for sale. I find that rather inconvenient, personally. 

https://www.toyark.com/2023/02/03/star-wars-black-series-2023-pre-order-window-update-492887

On 2/5/2023 at 12:32 AM, ak47po said:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/transformers

Your Transformers collection is about to get an upgrade as Hasbro has unveiled a new set of figures like new 3.5" Legacy bots

F71735L00_combo_22_Online_2000SQ.webp

F71735L00_detail_22_Online_2000SQ.webp

F71735L00_main_22_Online_2000SQ.webp

F71735L00_pkg_22_Online_2000SQ.webp

F71795L00_combo_22_Online_2000SQ.webp

F71795L00_detail_22_Online_2000SQ.webp

F71795L00_main_22_Online_2000SQ.webp

F71795L00_pkg_22_Online_2000SQ.webp

F71805L00_combo_22_Online_2000SQ.webp

F71805L00_detail_22_Online_2000SQ.webp

F71805L00_main_22_Online_2000SQ.webp

F71805L00_pkg_22_Online_2000SQ.webp

Core Scale is so much fun, and it's firing on all cylinders. Supplement it with third party figures and you can get a great display of your favourite G1 characters and their defining looks. I've already got multiple Thundercrackers to choose from, Newage's being my favourite, and I still can't wait to get this one to add to the collection, he looks like a great addition, and the best of the 3 Seekers we've gotten. 

Grimlock is okay considering all the Dinobots are a prepaint for a Dinoking and then hopefully a Monstructor retool, but obviously compromised because it was never designed as the beloved Dinobot. It does fit him rather well though. 

Nemesis Prime I'm not too excited about. He never does much for me, I mean obligatory Optimus Prime repaint, meh (yes I know that's what Thundercracker is too,just a repaint, but he's different lol). 

I'm currently in love with Core Ratchet. Great little Ratchet figure. Even comes with 2 pistols, matching the scene where he dual-wielded in the '86 movie on board the Autobot Shuttle and 

Spoiler

died. 

I received my latest BBTS shipment today. Here are my favourite things. First up is the ThreeZero MK 46 Iron Man. Such a beautiful figure. 1/12 scale. Die-cast metal so he's nice and hefty, flaps come out everywhere, he's just a great figure. A tonne of removable hands, a really good quality stand, removable rockets, booster effects, a light-up feature (which is stupidly hard to access, but I'm not planning on using it anyway, so no big deal). What more do you need?

IMG_0510.thumb.jpg.ad152a451a7080de3b939a16edc56a6e.jpg

IMG_0511.thumb.jpg.61ac687d4fdcd6c028f0705b4b38b0fe.jpg

Next up Is Tranformers Newage Mirage, he's  a third party figure in Core Class scale, for those not in the know. A wonderful little figure, Newage Mirage is a thing of beauty. The transformation is really fun and intuitive, and is actually my favourite of Newage's so far, and my favourite transformation in general in a long time, it's that good imo. His shoulder launcher is built-in to the transformation, which is pretty amazing, you just change the rocket size depending on mode. Really fun little bot, and I highly recommend him for those looking to expand their Core selection. If you'd rather a toon-accurate deco and head, that's available, I'd just prefer the toy look, so that's the one I chose to go with. In the final pic he's next to Hasbro's Core Starscream so you can get an idea of scale. IMG_0509.thumb.jpg.cf1a40dc6bd5da2370c3570678659ff1.jpgIMG_0505.thumb.jpg.17fae93d65bfc4d9b9e8bbf290f96f25.jpgIMG_0514.thumb.jpg.e95da6a09b663bc0585d00f08460fac6.jpgIMG_0515.thumb.jpg.f777cfe241595f318ef19ce738319024.jpg

On 2/4/2023 at 1:02 AM, Cat said:

So this and the other Star Wars figures shown at this time will NOT be released for preorders. They'll simply be released for sale. I find that rather inconvenient, personally. 

https://www.toyark.com/2023/02/03/star-wars-black-series-2023-pre-order-window-update-492887

I read the Fwoosh action figure forum a lot, and people post there when new stuff is released.  Because of that I usually get stuff when it comes out, and I rarely pre-order anything because that locks you into one retailer who very well may end up getting the item well after all of the other retailers, or in the worst case Hasbro occasionally stiffs a retailer and they NEVER get their full allotment of that figure, although that has only happened to me with small fan channel outlets like BigBadToyStore, Entertainment Earth, etc.  The only things I do pre-order are anything on sale when the sale applies to pre-orders (I've only ever seen that kind of sale at Target and Gamestop, but half of the time Gamestop never fulfills my pre-orders so I never count on them), anything that's an exclusive at a store that sometimes makes their exclusives hard to get (mostly just Walmart exclusives) and anything that is likely to be very popular and hard to get once it comes out.  Taking an example from recent discussions I DEFINITELY would have pre-ordered something like the GI Joe Classified Series Serpentor assuming it was ever even pre-orderable (I have no idea if it was or not).

I haven't seen any Star Wars figures in a while that I thought might sell out.  The last one was the Dark Trooper since it's cool and since it's an army builder, but nope, Hasbro appeared to also guess that one would be popular and over-produced that figure by a lot and most retailers have been selling that for a third off of MSRP for many months now.  Star Wars doesn't have the character library of a Marvel or DC, so for most people there are only a handful or maybe for more hardcore fans a few dozen figures most of us would want.  I think the only ones I didn't pre-order that I later regretted were both Walmart exclusives.  One was Clone Wars Ahsoka in 2020, but that wasn't my fault since her pre-order window lasted only a few minutes :eyeroll:.  The other was the Walmart exclusive Mace Windu in his white uniform from the original Clone Wars movie, i.e. the one that pre-dates the animated cartoon series, but I managed to get that one when it popped up briefly for sale on their web site--which again I only got because someone on the Fwoosh posted that they were available again that day I got it.

So yea, it's disappointing to see them ditch some pre-orders.  Hopefully that won't continue so casual collectors can get them more easily, but I don't have much faith in the way the Hasbro Star Wars team has been managing the brand over the last year or two so I won't be surprised much if they just start killing pre-orders altogether.  I noticed Hasbro assigned their upcoming Indiana Jones figures to the same team that handles Star Wars.  :eek:  I guess I'm not surprised since Star Wars is a smaller brand, but I was still disappointed they didn't give it to the GI Joe team since they've been killing it over the last few years.  :sorry:

The props I can give to the Hasbro Star Wars team is that they have released some absolutely stellar figures over the last few years that are much better than almost any work they've done prior to circa 2020.  Most of their releases are still sub-par--especially those re-colored lines they release like the Credit Collection or Carbonized Collection--but many are just fabulous such as the Dark Trooper, Saw Gerrera, both of the Black Series Ahsoka figures from the Clone Wars series and the Mandalorian, their Empire Strikes Back Darth Vader, all of the Sith Inquisitors from the Obi-Wan Kenobi show, Jar Jar Binks, Count Dooku, or the Luke and Yoda Dagobah training 2-pack.  Any list of the top 10 Black Series figures ever that ignores our own character bias should mostly be comprised of releases from the past few years due to the jump in quality the line has taken of late.

Edited by fantastic_four

A new wave of Hasbro's Marvel Legends figures was announced today for next week's Ant-Man 3 movie.  I'm noting that here because the build-a-figure for the wave is a spoiler I'd rather not know about at all before seeing the film, but too late, I'm spoiled.  :frustrated:

If you don't want the spoiler try to skip the announcement about the wave if you can manage it.  :blush:  The gem of the wave looks to be Kang, so I'll post a pic of him only.  As spoilers go it's not TOO bad--nothing like revealing the end of "The Sixth Sense" or anything--but I'd still rather have had the reveal related to that character happen during the film without me knowing it was coming.  Instead it'll be me waiting for the character to appear.  :eek:

Can't really fault Hasbro for this.  They did at least wait until close to the film's release to reveal the wave.  The only other thing they could have done was reveal it a few weeks AFTER the film's release, but meh, I get they'd probably lose some sales by waiting.

304c3a37f0d2067d8d2943aeca150467.jpg

Edited by fantastic_four

On 2/4/2023 at 10:00 AM, Dave2739 said:

Bleh! That Grimlock is awful!

Yeah, I think it's two things going on with these new Dinobots:

1. They're core class, so they're teeny tiny, which means not a ton of detail. 

2. They're making them a combiner, which means sacrificing sculpt detail for engineering.

So yeah, they look pretty cruddy, but hopefully the Dino modes look nice, as that's how I'd display them anyway. The core figures are hit and miss. For the scale, some are really nice. 

In other Dinobot news, Chefatron leaked pics of the new Leader Class Snarl, but then he pulled the video. Must have had a wrist slap from Hasbro. It looked pretty sweet. The Leader Dinobots are some of the nicest robots Hasbro has released, really beautiful sculpts and enormous scale. For $50-$60 they're really nice.