• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This Week In Your Plastic Crack, Action Figures and Toy Collection
26 26

9,347 posts in this topic

Thanks for the succinct review of this set, @Buzzetta. There isn't anything you mentioned in your review that I'd quibble with, but then again this is the first Lego set I've built in a long, long time.

I actually thought the structure could easily have been about 25% bigger (I checked the measurements before purchasing so that it would fit in the spot I had picked out in my cave).

The sign of an inexperienced Lego set builder is having extra pieces left over. And I did. But I swear by the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth that at least 2 bags were missing pieces. I made due and improvised.

On 1/7/2023 at 12:35 PM, BuscemasAvengers said:

Thanks for the succinct review of this set, @Buzzetta. There isn't anything you mentioned in your review that I'd quibble with, but then again this is the first Lego set I've built in a long, long time.

I actually thought the structure could easily have been about 25% bigger (I checked the measurements before purchasing so that it would fit in the spot I had picked out in my cave).

The sign of an inexperienced Lego set builder is having extra pieces left over. And I did. But I swear by the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth that at least 2 bags were missing pieces. I made due and improvised.

In the past ten to fifteen years, Lego has included one extra piece per bag per color of each “small” piece like a 1x1 round headlight piece or the “claw” piece as they are easily lost.  On the larger sets like this you will have a lot of little kibble pieces left over.  You should not have any larger pieces left over like full bricks or mini figures or things like that.  So you are probably fine.  

Unfortunately Lego quality control has been slipping and it has been reported that there have been larger pieces missing from sets.  So it is unfortunate and probably true that there were missing pieces.  

On 1/9/2023 at 3:36 AM, Brandon Shepherd said:

Just arrived on my doorstep!

5E10DD0A-6C47-4DB0-9367-722F0C5FE89A.thumb.jpeg.d6c0027fef09308ff1cb09dae9eaa174.jpeg

My VIP points were about to expire.

Go Cincinnati Bengals!

7773ECB4-D6F8-43B6-BA9B-9C82F87A924F.thumb.jpeg.9c1506e203499f89137b1324a179008d.jpeg

I really like the red panda. 

On 1/9/2023 at 4:05 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I thought it was a fox 🦊

That's a red panda, mate. I guar-an-tee. 

On 1/9/2023 at 5:41 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

At first I thought "red panda" was slang in Australia for fox, but evidently is its own creature. :)

Something that I wasnt aware of idk 

lol No, we do have foxes, but we just call them foxes. Red pandas are Chinese, and they're awesome little guys. I've hand-fed them before, and they're very neat creatures.