• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS Appreciation Thread

1,099 posts in this topic

Is now the time to buy?

I'm back into collecting after about a 30-year absence. Iron Man was a big interest back then, I had ToS 39 up to about IM 100 or so. I'm only going after a few silver age keys now, ToS 39 being high on my list (you'd punch me if you knew what I sold it for, but I originally bought it for ten bucks in nice shape).

Anyway, here's my question: with the movie coming out, am I better off buying the 39 now before even more people hop on the bandwagon, or should I wait for interest to die down a bit after the movie has come and gone? What effects did the Spiderman and FF movies have on book value/demand? Seems like ToS 39 is already seeing a spike in demand.

Any thoughts?

Thought I'd get the TOS thread back on the front page where it belongs...

My latest just back from CGC...tied with one other 7.5 for third highest graded in Census...only 2 8.5s and one 8.0...also, WHITE PAGES! for a book almost 50 years old... :cloud9:

TALESOFSUSPENSE11CGC75.jpg

Definitely not the time to buy IMO.

Perhaps but I don't see much slack in prices of TOS#39 after the movie to be honest. Its one of the better SA keys, cool cover, etc.

Indeed, when has any SA Marvel key shown slack in price since the advent of CGC?

My latest just back from CGC...tied with one other 7.5 for third highest graded in Census...only 2 8.5s and one 8.0...also, WHITE PAGES! for a book almost 50 years old... :cloud9:

Kirby monster covers= :cloud9: Great book!! (thumbs u

Definitely not the time to buy IMO.

Perhaps but I don't see much slack in prices of TOS#39 after the movie to be honest. Its one of the better SA keys, cool cover, etc.

yeah and the movie turned out to be great. prices might go up even more.

Kirby monster covers= :cloud9: Great book!! (thumbs u

:o wow nice book!

crazy.gif

:headbang: if i had a book like that ..... thICONATOR_0710ea3fd6ce91e45e37a45d.gifgfgdfgdf.gif[/img]

I got this one from burntboy a while back and haven't posted it here.Did you ever buy a few books hoping to flip one after a movie to bring down the bottom line on the others....and then get ATTACHED to it? I was going to do that with this one to help ease the pain on the Sid's Avengers 4....but it's so cool .GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

TOS48SL.jpg

Is now the time to buy?

I'm back into collecting after about a 30-year absence. Iron Man was a big interest back then, I had ToS 39 up to about IM 100 or so. I'm only going after a few silver age keys now, ToS 39 being high on my list (you'd punch me if you knew what I sold it for, but I originally bought it for ten bucks in nice shape).

Anyway, here's my question: with the movie coming out, am I better off buying the 39 now before even more people hop on the bandwagon, or should I wait for interest to die down a bit after the movie has come and gone? What effects did the Spiderman and FF movies have on book value/demand? Seems like ToS 39 is already seeing a spike in demand.

Any thoughts?

That depends on why you want the book.Those '62-''63 Marvel keys probably won't be dropping anytime soon....If you want high grade you should probably go for it....that book was always cheap in comparison.A REAL SHARP 6.0 T.O.S. 39 might be a good move now....the movie will increase availability for a little while.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Is now the time to buy?

Any thoughts?

99.9 % of the time , I would say this is the worst time to buy , sinse IM is the hot ! "flavor of the month" , but w/ the Avenger's movie coming out , and most of the world now being exposed to IM , I just dunno ?

I actually find myself thinking about getting a TOS #39 now , where I had previously never even thought about it !.....................................................BH

This 40 was graded 7.0 owing to some back cover problems, and was sold/traded a couple years ago, having been supplanted by a nicer copy. Pretty good looking for a 7.0, doncha think?