• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TOS Appreciation Thread

1,099 posts in this topic

Steve,

Great point, and you're probably right. However, once I'm tapped out selling the TOS doubles and other stuff, I may eventually sell the PC doubles (40, 55, 58, 63 & 71) to raise more $$ to pay off Mark. I really want to keep this killer run intact but its hard to carry doubles after a while (I learned that when I started Pedigree).

BTW, the 58 is one of my all-time favorite books and I have the Mass. copy (9.6). Talk about undervalued!!

Steve,

Great point, and you're probably right. However, once I'm tapped out selling the TOS doubles and other stuff, I may eventually sell the PC doubles (40, 55, 58, 63 & 71) to raise more $$ to pay off Mark. I really want to keep this killer run intact but its hard to carry doubles after a while (I learned that when I started Pedigree).

BTW, the 58 is one of my all-time favorite books and I have the Mass. copy (9.6). Talk about undervalued!!

See, you should sell them to me. They'll still be in Palm Beach County so you could kind of say the runs still intact. And of course, I'll give you the option to buy them back from me (at a relatively small profit) if you find me as nice or nicer copy. grin.gif

I love this idea. tongue.gif

Steve,

I have a sale on the 40 9.2 already but am really crossed between the $$ and breaking up the run. I like the Palm Beach county idea, however.

Great pick-up on the 67. I really like that cover. The white pages doesn't hurt, either.

Great thread, thanks to you, Steve!!

This mutual a$$$-kissing is making me ill.

Bob, I'll kiss you too if you get me some nice early High Grade Strange Tales. grin.gif

Actually, I would have hope to get a lot more books from Doug, but somehow I DIDN'T get FIRST OPTION on most of them. From business point of view, it makes sense as he was able to spread the good cheer around to various customers / consignors, but from my perspective I'm just plain frown.gif.

I spent more money on TOS's with two other board members, so I can't complain. grin.gif

My rule is to only upgrade if I'm not happy with my copy.

In other words, if I'm happy with my 9.0, why do I want to spend 3 to 4 times more just so the Label says 9.4. That said, if the 9.4 is a significantly better then my 9.0, or the book is relatively inexpensive, I'll admit I'll probably upgrade just to say I have a 9.4. insane.gif

Of course now that I have decided to start putting my books in the Registry, I can see my EGO getting a lot more involved. blush.gif

Did you see the TOS#52 CGC 9.0 on Heritage right now? Nicest of all of the 9.0s I've seen of that book.

In other words, if I'm happy with my 9.0, why do I want to spend 3 to 4 times more just so the Label says 9.4. That said, if the 9.4 is a significantly better then my 9.0, or the book is relatively inexpensive, I'll admit I'll probably upgrade just to say I have a 9.4. insane.gif

Of course now that I have decided to start putting my books in the Registry, I can see my EGO getting a lot more involved. blush.gif

Did you see the TOS#52 CGC 9.0 on Heritage right now? Nicest of all of the 9.0s I've seen of that book.

Thanks for telling everyone. yeahok.gif

Have you seen another where the bottom of the art was visible like that? I haven't.

Stay Away!!!!!!!! blush.gif

Actually, I'm very happy with my CGC 8.5. But you never know how I'll feel in a week.

grin.gif

Stay Away!!!!!!!! blush.gif

Actually, I'm very happy with my CGC 8.5. But you never know how I'll feel in a week.

grin.gif

Stay happy! 893crossfingers-thumb.gif It's mine. devil.gif Consolation for not getting any of Doug's TOS comics.

You are welcome. poke2.gifyay.gif

Have you seen another where the bottom of the art was visible like that? I haven't.

Yes. I think another one of the 9.0s (or maybe it was the 9.2?) has a miswrap like that. This 9.0 looks like a press and resub 9.2 candidate to me. The non-color-breaking bend in the URC (which goes through the entire book) is the only thing keeping the book out of 9.2 IMO.

just checked it out. Looks sweet, but then I read:

"13 in 9.0; 10 higher " and Im thinking not to bid too high..... unless a bunch of those 9.0s are resub ghosts??

OK, I would say that 23 copies in 9.0 sound high but:

Out the same month:

FF #25 with 29 copies 9.0 or higher

ASM #11 with 25 copies 9.0 or higher (and don't we always hear this is tough in high grade)

Realize that the demand for these books will probably always outstrip supply.

Scott - maybe you can start to "corner-the-market" on this book in HG????grin.gif

You are welcome. poke2.gifyay.gif

Yes. I think another one of the 9.0s (or maybe it was the 9.2?) has a miswrap like that. This 9.0 looks like a press and resub 9.2 candidate to me. The non-color-breaking bend in the URC (which goes through the entire book) is the only thing keeping the book out of 9.2 IMO.

I am victorious! acclaim.gif