• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Heritage Auction

731 posts in this topic

Are you gonna setup again in September?

Yep!

Hello Gene,

I didn't thought your asking price over 30.000 USD was unappropriate.

I'm just surprised that there is so much difference in the results of the FF Kirby Sinnott pages when it comes to nice action pages. Sometimes it can amount to 30 percent.

:foryou:

I think there is a fair bit of variability in the results. The fact that we're in a hot market and a lot of stuff sells very strong sometimes gives the illusion of there being more liquidity than there actually is, and also masks the fact that sometimes things do fall through the cracks.

:( I wanted the McFarlane Splash but not at 10k :(. O well

I hear ya. I liked that totleben swampy page... but not at 10k.

Great page. One of the standout lots in the entire auction to me, strictly in terms of what I like. While high, I also don't think $10K is *that* crazy.

(But if we're just talking numbers, I don't see it as a $40K page in 20 years, either.)

Great page. One of the standout lots in the entire auction to me, strictly in terms of what I like. While high, I also don't think $10K is *that* crazy.

(But if we're just talking numbers, I don't see it as a $40K page in 20 years, either.)

I don't know, 20 years from now $10k will look cheap. I'm still stunned every time I see old prices, for Bryne pieces for example, [$120 penciled on the back of pages] that sell for $4k today.

As many of have been following Frazetta's market, with prices which seem crazy for most Europeans, what do you think on prices on less astonishing pieces like the 2 Conan ones sold today, One, a very nice finished head sketch for 1500 dollars and the other, full body, but small size for 4800 dollars.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/frank-frazetta-conan-illustration-original-art-undated-/a/7139-92073.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/frank-frazetta-barbarian-drawing-illustration-original-art-1995-/a/7139-92074.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

I don't know, 20 years from now $10k will look cheap. I'm still stunned every time I see old prices, for Bryne pieces for example, [$120 penciled on the back of pages] that sell for $4k today.

Well, assuming normal inflation.

And as has been discussed, scale matters.

And here I'm going to make an exception to just about everything I post on comic art "numbers".

Twenty years is a long time. And the number of exemplary Totleben ST pages is quite small. I can see $40k actually...if anybody cares about comic art at all in 20 yrs (so you have to take that as a given). In this sale I preferred the ST cover, but neither won nor bid on either.

As many of have been following Frazetta's market, with prices which seem crazy for most Europeans, what do you think on prices on less astonishing pieces like the 2 Conan ones sold today, One, a very nice finished head sketch for 1500 dollars and the other, full body, but small size for 4800 dollars.

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/frank-frazetta-conan-illustration-original-art-undated-/a/7139-92073.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

http://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/frank-frazetta-barbarian-drawing-illustration-original-art-1995-/a/7139-92074.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515

The convention head sketch is underwhelming to me, but since it is Frazetta I can see the price tag. The full sketch is quite nice in my opinion, and again since it is an original Frazetta pencil art the price isn't way off to me.

And here I'm going to make an exception to just about everything I post on comic art "numbers".

Twenty years is a long time. And the number of exemplary Totleben ST pages is quite small. I can see $40k actually...if anybody cares about comic art at all in 20 yrs (so you have to take that as a given). In this sale I preferred the ST cover, but neither won nor bid on either.

Well, as I always say, I don't rule anything out. I just don't see it as likely.

In terms of what the market values, I think the cover will prove to be a better buy in the long run. In terms of my own taste, though, I definitely like the page more, regardless of value. Congrats to the winner(s), they got fantastic pieces.

Im surprise how low the Jim Lee First Wave Cover went for..it featured Batman.

Maybe if it had a real inker on it.

:jokealert:

Scott

Actually that is seriously the reason I didn't bid; had I won could you have fixed that?

:jokealert:

J

$95k
:wishluck:

U a potential buyer ? or the seller ?

I've never sold a piece of art, only collect silver surfer pieces...and I don't have a cover in my collection (at least not from original series)

OK now I see.

But now REALLY dont understand.

Fingers crossed would have made me think GATOR was the winner,...which some here say was NOT the case.

So confused.

hm

PS - I think notions of 'Cabal' are 9 out of 10 times mere 'paranoid fantasy' but still....is this Cabal stuff going on? :P