• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Heritage Auction

731 posts in this topic

Thanks for your thoughts Gene.

Just for the record I wasn't suggesting 150 on the special series, but I do think it will crack 100? (butt quote).

$65.7K on the Special Series. Special, but not $100K+ special.

That's a great piece but I think the "balance" worked against this piece. As a wraparound it's cool to have something so large by Wrightson, but perhaps not having 90% of the best of it being on the right side may have helped.

Just for the record I wasn't suggesting 150 on the special series, but I do think it will crack 100? (butt quote).

That's a great piece but I think the "balance" worked against this piece. As a wraparound it's cool to have something so large by Wrightson, but perhaps not having 90% of the best of it being on the right side may have helped.

Just cut it in half and sell it as two covers. Heck, cut it in half, stat both sides, create TWO wraparound covers (each 50% art and 50% stat) and sell them both as the original! :idea:

Yeah yeah I get it ;) Not missing a chance to say you were right, are you? :)(:

Just cut it in half and sell it as two covers. Heck, cut it in half, stat both sides, create TWO wraparound covers (each 50% art and 50% stat) and sell them both as the original! :idea:

hm

Stop giving the Donnelly's ideas.... Or at least start charging them for it.

Stop giving the Donnelly's ideas.... Or at least start charging them for it.

This sort of thing isn't limited to just the Donnellys.

The auctioneer is getting high prices but seems to be alot slower. They usually get thu about 60-70 auctions an hour, they will get to about 1/2 that in the fist hour.

Now that there are fewer lots, I suppose they don't feel rushed for time.

The auctioneer is getting high prices but seems to be alot slower. They usually get thu about 60-70 auctions an hour, they will get to about 1/2 that in the fist hour.

I was right about to say something... 28 lots in 49 minutes? I don't usually follow Heritage but I have my eye on a piece. This is mind numbing though. I hope I don't forget to bid. I will have to check back later.

I was right about to say something... 28 lots in 49 minutes? I don't usually follow Heritage but I have my eye on a piece. This is mind numbing though. I hope I don't forget to bid. I will have to check back later.

It's not the auctioneer, it's the action. There are a TON of action so far. He's only paused on the Swamp Thing #1 (for obvious reasons), but he's running with the bids.