• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Heritage Auction

731 posts in this topic

can someone explain that Mike Collins X-men page with Gambit for 5K? I think it's his first appearance issue but that price seems crazy to me.

Malvin

It technically is his first appearance issue, though it was published out of order. People love Gambit and there is a movie coming. Other than that I have no idea why it hit 5k.

can someone explain that Mike Collins X-men page with Gambit for 5K? I think it's his first appearance issue but that price seems crazy to me.

Malvin

It technically is his first appearance issue, though it was published out of order. People love Gambit and there is a movie coming. Other than that I have no idea why it hit 5k.

I know what I cannot explain. That combover. That combover is so 1973. My brother and I convinced my dad to finally get rid of his about ten years ago. Apparently this guy doesn't have kids like my brother and I.

Adkins Strange Tales > Buscema Surfer ?

Wow, the Adkins Strange Tales # 164 cover is something I traded away to Albert Moy about 6 or 7 years ago! $71,700 . . . I knew I shoulda hung onto it a while longer! lol

Buscema Surfer cover about the same as Adkins dr strange?

Not a fan of that Surfer cover at all, so not a huge shock.

I was going to post the same thing when it was originally mentioned it was up for auction. I get there are very few covers from the original series but just not a big fan of this cover.

Malvin

Because I wanted a page from UXM 266 and $5k is what it cost to make the other guy stop bidding. :boo:

Took a bath on that Enric Vampirella painting. It's really a great piece (if you're into Vampi); will take more than 60% bath on it (and it's not like I paid crazy money for it, far from it). Can't believe that a nice-sized oil painting like that sold for less than a run of the mill panel page. :mad:

2 lots away from ATEC. Any takers or does it go RNM?

My bet is it "sells".

It's selling.

Malvin

Because I wanted a page from UXM 266 and $5k is what it cost to make the other guy stop bidding. :boo:

heh, I guess congrats? To you and other owners of UXM 266 pages (and the consignor)

Malvin

Malvin

heh, I guess congrats? To you and other owners of UXM 266 pages (and the consignor)

Malvin

I'll buy another if any lucky owners want to sell one more :baiting: