• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Heritage Auction

731 posts in this topic

How did everyone do? I went for 1 out of 2, and it's the most I've ever spend on a piece so I'm going to be sending some of my pieces to auction. Also for those that have won in the past, when do they send you an invoice?

All of the Miller pages were slooooooq in closing except the Only one I wanted... The Ronin page closed lightening fast... Something doesn't smell kosher about that one.

I picked up the Daredevil 235 page 24. I had let it pass by back in 12/2015 as I believed the price was too high. I got it for over 400 less today. So someone took a bit of a loss.

John B.

I picked up the Daredevil 235 page 24. I had let it pass by back in 12/2015 as I believed the price was too high. I got it for over 400 less today. So someone took a bit of a loss.

John B.

Nice, I saw that page, and thought whoever won it got a nice deal. You also won the other Ditko DD page on the Clink auction also right?

John B.

Nice, I saw that page, and thought whoever won it got a nice deal. You also won the other Ditko DD page on the Clink auction also right?

Yes I have page 5 from the same book. I believe the rest of the pages are with Steve.

John B.

I won the Mike Allred Back Issue #72 Cover.

I watched that one and really liked it, but I figured I'd put what little I had into one I really wanted, so I placed a couple bids on the Team America and backed off of everything else. I do like that these Back Issue covers are getting more attention. Some are very good (I designed the cover to Back Issue 58 and actually commissioned the drawing), especially this Metal Men cover.

Missed out on the Sale catwoman splash due to dinner...not happy

At that price I think dinner was the better option.

Hey Chris, when you said the Sale cover jumped, you mean the Detective with the Death of Jason Todd? I had to look after you said and wow, that price is INSANE! But as someone (Gene?) said, he is only surprised when prices are low.

Malvin

I was following about 15 lots. Most of them fell into either the "pipe dream" or the "only if it's really cheap" categories. The only lot I really wanted enough to pursue (and was in my price range) was the Lim Thanos two-fer. I had every intention of splitting the pages up and flipping one of them. However, I don't have a ton of extra cash on hand at the moment and the higher the price went, the more urgent it would have been for me to turn one of those pages around quickly. I'll be kicking myself in a month or so when both pages end up on some dealer's site each listed for the same price as the pair went for this weekend.

Hey Chris, when you said the Sale cover jumped, you mean the Detective with the Death of Jason Todd? I had to look after you said and wow, that price is INSANE! But as someone (Gene?) said, he is only surprised when prices are low.

Malvin

Yes the detective comics cover. It sat at $1600 before the live portion then jumped and kept jumping to almost $11,000.

I was following about 15 lots. Most of them fell into either the "pipe dream" or the "only if it's really cheap" categories. The only lot I really wanted enough to pursue (and was in my price range) was the Lim Thanos two-fer. I had every intention of splitting the pages up and flipping one of them. However, I don't have a ton of extra cash on hand at the moment and the higher the price went, the more urgent it would have been for me to turn one of those pages around quickly. I'll be kicking myself in a month or so when both pages end up on some dealer's site each listed for the same price as the pair went for this weekend.

those were definitely tempting, I'd have bid too but I got called away for a job.

Missed out on the Sale catwoman splash due to dinner...not happy

How can you let food interfere with art acquisitions?

About 15 years ago we had this party, main focus was me and this hot chick. We signed some paperwork for a 1 year lets hang out together, fool around, laugh and look into each others eyes.

End of 1 year I said, that was fun, cheers. Then she showed me the the fine print. It was 4 years. 4-ever years. Well, I was shocked! But she insisted.

Anyway, I call her wife, she calls me "get off the computer and make dinner".

It was a brief dinner but the splash had gone by the time I got back. No not the Tec Cover; the Long Halloween one- still, its awesome but went for more than a cover went for recently and slightly less than I paid for my LH cover. I doubt I would have won, but , you know, punishment bids....

Got one of the Hondru paintings. Not good art, not doubling (ever!), but nostalgia....uh huh, yep. Goes well with my mullet ;)

$1500ish. Anybody want to chime in and let me know when and for how much Ovi sold these for originally?

When I say it outloud, it makes no sense. But that 82 Bob Hall/Layton Avengers page is starting to look like a steal. Its still bronze age, its beautifully done, and its the entire main team with an epic huge middle splash panel. Even 80s Bob Hall is 600 bucks now I guess, since i dont find myself depressed at that thought.

When I say it outloud, it makes no sense. But that 82 Bob Hall/Layton Avengers page is starting to look like a steal. Its still bronze age, its beautifully done, and its the entire main team with an epic huge middle splash panel. Even 80s Bob Hall is 600 bucks now I guess, since i dont find myself depressed at that thought.

I was the under-bidder and let it go at that point because of the browning and bottom tier being on separate board...that was my limit for those condition issues. And I had my eye on other things later in the sale.

I was the under-bidder and let it go at that point because of the browning and bottom tier being on separate board...that was my limit for those condition issues. And I had my eye on other things later in the sale.

It was 2/3 stat. Only the lesser bottom panels were original.