• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

August Heritage Auction

731 posts in this topic

This just in... Dan Adkins is a $70k+ Marvel Cover Artist..... :news:

We need a new Felix Comic Art podcast to talk about this. hm

It's going to be a good day for The Cabal.

$9K hammer ($10.7K w/juice) on that Bissette/Totleben Swampy panel page? I know it's a memorable moment in the series, but that is crazy.

We need a whole 'nother podcast to talk about this auction alone. :ohnoez:

WOW! highest price page for an interior John Buscema Conan page.

$3,824 - Conan #58 first appearnce of Belít.

Pages with her have been going up, though not a fan of Steve Gan's inks over Big John. Ernie's inks for the Queen of the Black Coast are the best during that period.

Adkins Strange Tales > Buscema Surfer ?

It's because The Cabal has been trying to push the narrative that every twice-up hero cover is/should be 6-figures. The Cabal does not own a ton of Buscema Surfer covers.

To paraphrase Cool Hand Luke...

So, you get what we had here just now. Which is the way they wants it. Well, they gets it!

WOW! highest price page for an interior John Buscema Conan page.

$3,824 - Conan #58 first appearnce of Belít.

Pages with her have been going up, though not a fan of Steve Gan's inks over Big John. Ernie's inks for the Queen of the Black Coast are the best during that period.

I believe another page from this issue (2 pages before this one that sold just now in HA) featuring the first meeting between Belit and Conan, sold for over $4k a week ago in the weekly HA auction.

Buscema Surfer cover about the same as Adkins dr strange?

Coke!!!

Ahhhhhhh, that explains it!

No, you owe me a coke....since we posted almost the same thing at the same time. lol