• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
21 21

4,496 posts in this topic

On 1/4/2022 at 12:21 PM, Hey Kids, Comics! said:

I would only do that if the topic was "Books You've Seen In Dollar Boxes Since They Were Released 30+ Years Ago"!

NFL Superpro #1 is in dollar boxes everywhere. The last issue (#12), on the other hand, is fairly elusive drek, especially in newsstand. I have to assume that a really large percentage of those were returned unsold.

That doesn't make it worth anything, of course, because no one wants it. Not even me. But it is hard to find...

On 1/4/2022 at 4:00 PM, Qalyar said:

NFL Superpro #1 is in dollar boxes everywhere. The last issue (#12), on the other hand, is fairly elusive drek, especially in newsstand. I have to assume that a really large percentage of those were returned unsold.

That doesn't make it worth anything, of course, because no one wants it. Not even me. But it is hard to find...

But, every drek has its day! :flipbait:

On 1/14/2022 at 10:04 PM, littledoom said:

I like comics from this time .. much simpler times 

The comics were simpler or things in general?  Because here in the states things were far from simple at that time.  Hulk #55 came out in 2003.  

On 1/14/2022 at 8:13 PM, Wolverinex said:

20220114_210658.jpg

Nice. Is the Hulk? the 25 cent version but only newsstand? I have the Wolverine's X-men #423, yet have found new hulks on several occasion.

........ Not sure. If I'll ever stumble upon it. It is always the 25 centers, but also direct.

On 1/21/2022 at 8:10 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Nice. Is the Hulk? the 25 cent version but only newsstand? I have the Wolverine's X-men #423, yet have found new hulks on several occasion.

........ Not sure. If I'll ever stumble upon it. It is always the 25 centers, but also direct.

Yes, both of them are the regular price variant newsstands like the X-men 423 and the Avengers 77.  

On 2/12/2022 at 5:15 PM, jsilverjanet said:

Found this in a $2 box 

E04BD947-0294-4F81-82BF-E53BB8FF7755.jpeg

Is that a 1st? Or a fcbd? Or something else.

I've only picked up the fcbd, I forget what year, but it also has dollface.

On 2/13/2022 at 10:02 PM, Wolverinex said:

Been looking for this misprint for a while.  Batman in Scooby

That's what Batman has been needing all these years.  The Joker is revealed by Scooby and the gang to be old man Smithers from the carnival.