• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

I'm inquiring about a book that I saw was posted months ago.

Static 45 milestone/DC

I'm very curious as to the rarity of these "last issues" by milestone.

I found it on comicrom Jan 1997 at 4,767.

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1997/1997-01.html

I've read a lot about print number discrepancies and how it is not posable to quote a "printed number"...So I am in no way saying this is true or accurate.

Just looking for ideas and views. I own a copy and am interested in finding a very high grade for submission. I do see them on Ebay (not in the condition being claimed) I do not want to waste time and effort if it's not worth it.

So please any ideas on an accurate market value, print number, or anything else worth noting.

Thanks

well the last ebay auction at the end of oct went for $15.50 and that was graded VF-. It looks like an NM raw would cost you $25-$55

, maybe more as its pretty rare to find in high grade. And with only 1 CGC 9.8 and 1 CGC 9.6 on the registry, I wouldn't be surprised if a CGC 9.8 set you back $125-$200+. Its not the most popular character/comic ever, but most collectors know it to be rare, especially in high grade.

This analysis is mostly conjecture, but that's how I would view it...in terms of hunting for a high grade copy, there's some people you can pay to hunt for copper comics....

I would think you're looking at more than $200 for a 9.8, being as there is only one. As was mentioned a few pages back, hard to find 9.8's can pull some good cash.

And getting the owner to sell it will probably cost you more. Most I know that have a 9.8 of that book or a very nice raw just wont sell it.

It usually took them a long time to find it.

All stop now so I don't get more hate mail about discussing this book. lol

:sumo:

Oh, and I also saw a raw first print TMNT 1 in person at a store. I asked the employee what printing it was and she opened and flipped through it to check; probably had no idea it was worth more than every other comic in the display case. Severely overpriced, though. Purchased a Zatanna set 1-16 instead.

Saw an Akira 35 yesterday for $15; worth going back to get? Or good enough just to see it?

Picked up another Gladstone Barks Scrooge for cheap instead.

Nice grade? Its tough to find in higher grade from memory. I haven't seen a copy in years.

I didn't take it out but guessing 9.0 or so. A white ding on the bottom front cover and some general shelf wear against the black cover. Didn't see the back.

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2008 series #24 and #25. I've found a 24 only once and never saw a 25 in any shop

I've snagged a few out of cheap - o boxes over the years. Just listed one on ebay, i priced the opening bid high aggressively and it did not sell, but I have sold 3 or 4 copies over the years for $20+ each.

Edited by the blob

Guardians Of The Galaxy 2008 series #24 and #25. I've found a 24 only once and never saw a 25 in any shop

I've snagged a few out of cheap - o boxes over the years. Just listed one on ebay, i priced the opening bid high aggressively and it did not sell, but I have sold 3 or 4 copies over the years for $20+ each.

I've found a handful of #24 in dollar boxes over the last few years (haven't seen any in a good while, though, now that I think of it), #25 I haven't seen any singles of this at all... my best LCS did have a set of this with the Thanos Imperative mini series, and that would be the only one I've ever seen in store or even as a wall book at a show. I ended up getting my #25 for $20ish off of eBay a couple of years ago, and I remember the Iron Man variant wasn't commanding the price that the regular cover was, but it may be different now (haven't looked these books up in a while).

Edited by BishopT

I ended up getting my #25 for $20ish off of eBay a couple of years ago, and I remember the Iron Man variant wasn't commanding the price that the regular cover was, but it may be different now (haven't looked these books up in a while).

Variant still does poorly. The Thanos on the cover of #25 is why it is desirable.

I was lucky enough to scoop up #13-25 at a $1 book sale that happens once a month near me.