• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

Dont be LAZY Highlight the entire sentence.. Here let me help you:

just like Chuck, there were many other comic book shop owners that ordered heavily on these final issues because they knew they could price them accordingly.

That does not mean that they are rare as much as it doesnt mean that they are worthless.

The point is, that what you are saying was a known fact EVEN back in the 90s

That would explain why, with very few exceptions, any numbers we have show a generally steady decrease in orders until the last issue, which is the lowest ordered of the series or maybe 1% above the lowest.

The problem with your theory here is the same problem you seem to have consistently with ALL YOUR theories. They are based on numbers that are IRRELEVANT to the secondary market today. Quoting numbers of ESTIMATED sales reports, heck, even printed copy statements (which you have no access to), ESPECIALLY from books that were printed 20-30 years ago means totally NOTHING compared to what dealer stock holds TODAY.

ONE DEALER who recognized a re-occurring trend with certain books, variants, or anything else for that matter, is all it takes to buy enough stock and capitalize on it for years, or decades to come. And thats just ONE. There are many like Chuck that own warehouses of stock, theyre called SMART DEALERS

There is no reason why a kid with a blog can figure it out today and a savvy dealer in the 80s-90s couldnt...

Actually there is

Its called retail experience

Something I doubt you have any clue about

Looked for a long time to find a 1st print of this book

1Vv6ebQl.jpg

???

How is that a "1st print?"

1st print of that edition!

yah, if you follow his language

"looking for a 1st print OF THIS book", directly implies it is not the 1st print.

649921.jpg

just like Chuck, there were many other comic book shop owners that ordered heavily on these final issues because they knew they could price them accordingly.

That does not mean that they are rare as much as it doesnt mean that they are worthless.

That would explain why, with very few exceptions, any numbers we have show a generally steady decrease in orders until the last issue, which is the lowest ordered of the series or maybe 1% above the lowest.

The problem with your theory here is the same problem you seem to have consistently with ALL YOUR theories. They are based on numbers that are IRRELEVANT to the secondary market today. Quoting numbers of ESTIMATED sales reports,

If these genius long-term planners were actually ordering heavily on last issues, those issues should show a spike in numbers, but they do not!

heck, even printed copy statements (which you have no access to),

If you don't know what a Statement of Ownership is, you have no business even thinking (obviously a stretch anyway) about trying to tell me what I know or don't know about the hobby or industry. But please, continue proving your ignorance to everybody reading this.

ESPECIALLY from books that were printed 20-30 years ago means totally NOTHING compared to what dealer stock holds TODAY.

Yes, dealers can buy stuff from the secondary market just like anybody else, but it's an inefficient way to buy large quantities of specific issues.

ONE DEALER who recognized a re-occurring trend with certain books, variants, or anything else for that matter, is all it takes to buy enough stock and capitalize on it for years, or decades to come. And thats just ONE. There are many like Chuck that own warehouses of stock, theyre called SMART DEALERS

These warehouses you're talking about are mostly filled with that nobody wanted then and mostly nobody wants now. For every Sensational She-Hulk 60 that's actually worth a bit now, there are twenty Savage She-Hulk 25s which are all but worthless. Most of the comics that are in Chuck's giant store/warehouse right now will still be sitting there after he dies.

There is no reason why a kid with a blog can figure it out today and a savvy dealer in the 80s-90s couldnt...

Actually there is

Right, I have absolutely no retail experience. Please, tell me more about myself.

Please, tell me more about myself.

Actually Ill tell you plenty about you without even knowing you..

Youre a member here since 2005 with 3000+ posts

In the past 12 years of your membership here you have contributed NOTHING to this board other than harsh criticism and disillusion assumption of knowledge backed with lies.

Which Im sure is not an insult to you since based on those facts we know that you are a shilled account.

I mean, the other option would be that you just get a kick out off trolling others here, like you are right now, and contribute nothing to this board.

So with respect to your continued efforts to troll me

I will just ignore you and stop wasting my time

Happy new year lover boy

In the past 12 years of your membership here you have contributed NOTHING to this board other than harsh criticism and disillusion assumption of knowledge backed with lies.

Which Im sure is not an insult to you since based on those facts we know that you are a shilled account.

I mean, the other option would be that you just get a kick out off trolling others here, like you are right now, and contribute nothing to this board.

Happy new year lover boy

You are unbelievably ignorant. It's sad, really.

I don't troll people, I just question ridiculous B.S. posted by people who clearly don't know what they are talking about.

If I have contributed nothing, you have contributed far less than nothing.

Happy new year lover boy

I don't troll people, I just question ridiculous B.S. posted by people who clearly don't know what they are talking about.

Lazyboy is a board member of some 12+ years here with a healthy history of trolling others.

He will not receive the attention he so desperately needs from me.

If anyone sees any of his information as relevant please continue to follow him.

I chose not to

The problem with your theory here is the same problem you seem to have consistently with ALL YOUR theories. They are based on numbers that are IRRELEVANT to the secondary market today. Quoting numbers of ESTIMATED sales reports,

If these genius long-term planners were actually ordering heavily on last issues, those issues should show a spike in numbers, but they do not!

If you don't know what a Statement of Ownership is, you have no business even thinking (obviously a stretch anyway) about trying to tell me what I know or don't know about the hobby or industry. But please, continue proving your ignorance to everybody reading this.

ESPECIALLY from books that were printed 20-30 years ago means totally NOTHING compared to what dealer stock holds TODAY.

Yes, dealers can buy stuff from the secondary market just like anybody else, but it's an inefficient way to buy large quantities of specific issues.

These warehouses you're talking about are mostly filled with that nobody wanted then and mostly nobody wants now. For every Sensational She-Hulk 60 that's actually worth a bit now, there are twenty Savage She-Hulk 25s which are all but worthless. Most of the comics that are in Chuck's giant store/warehouse right now will still be sitting there after he dies.

Actually there is

Right, I have absolutely no retail experience. Please, tell me more about myself.

Aweandlorder must live by the mantra "Don't confuse me with the facts, because I've already made up my mind."

He keeps referencing Chuck Rozanski, but Chuck isn't (and has never been) dumb enough to have fallen for that "buy bulk on last issues of titles that AREN'T SELLING that Aweandlorder keeps referencing.

Take a look at milehighcomics.com to see how much stock Chuck has up for sale from these warehouses full of these last issues. The website is saying they are out of stock on a lot of these rare issues. So, that negates Aweandlorder's statement that Chuck has warehouses of these last issues just sitting there waiting on them to increase in value. Or, maybe Chuck is sitting on them NOW, even though they are at their highest prices in years (decades, even).

But, Aweandlorder wants to keep talking about how much he knows about comic shop owners/dealers and how he knows they all stockpiled last issues on the advice of Chuck Rozanski. I'd say many of these comic shop owners/dealers didn't and don't subscribe to Chuck's newsletter and probably didn't follow his advice. If there were a few who did, it was very few.

Obviously, Chuck didn't even take his OWN advice on buying these last issues, because the site has very few of them in stock. No Bloodshot 51 or the Last Stand special. No Magnus Robot Fighter 64. No Deathlok 33 or 34. No Marvel Comics Presents 175. No Quicksilver 13. No Force Works 21 or 22. No Harbinger 41. No Solar 60.

All of these are last issues (and next-to-last issues) that SHOULD have been stockpiled by Aweandlorder's logic.

Happy new year lover boy

I agree with you, 100%. Aweandlorder likes to spout "facts" that he can't back up and then lashes out when he is proven wrong or if someone disagrees with his "facts". He really doesn't know what he's talking about at all.

Happy new year lover boy

I agree with you, 100%. Aweandlorder likes to spout "facts" that he can't back up and then lashes out when he is proven wrong or if someone disagrees with his "facts". He really doesn't know what he's talking about at all.

Take your personal arguments somewhere else. You both had this issue in this thread. I don't care who is right at this point just take it somewhere else.

Actually there is

Aweandlorder must live by the mantra "Don't confuse me with the facts, because I've already made up my mind."

He keeps referencing Chuck Rozanski, but Chuck isn't (and has never been) dumb enough to have fallen for that "buy bulk on last issues of titles that AREN'T SELLING that Aweandlorder keeps referencing.

Take a look at milehighcomics.com to see how much stock Chuck has up for sale from these warehouses full of these last issues. The website is saying they are out of stock on a lot of these rare issues. So, that negates Aweandlorder's statement that Chuck has warehouses of these last issues just sitting there waiting on them to increase in value. Or, maybe Chuck is sitting on them NOW, even though they are at their highest prices in years (decades, even).

But, Aweandlorder wants to keep talking about how much he knows about comic shop owners/dealers and how he knows they all stockpiled last issues on the advice of Chuck Rozanski. I'd say many of these comic shop owners/dealers didn't and don't subscribe to Chuck's newsletter and probably didn't follow his advice. If there were a few who did, it was very few.

Obviously, Chuck didn't even take his OWN advice on buying these last issues, because the site has very few of them in stock. No Bloodshot 51 or the Last Stand special. No Magnus Robot Fighter 64. No Deathlok 33 or 34. No Marvel Comics Presents 175. No Quicksilver 13. No Force Works 21 or 22. No Harbinger 41. No Solar 60.

All of these are last issues (and next-to-last issues) that SHOULD have been stockpiled by Aweandlorder's logic.

Your questions have been long answered. No need to do much research here.

If I had the luxury of time you have sir I would dig up my N.I.C.E newsletters from the late 80s and look up some of those final issues Chuck bought a ton of and post here.

But Im not here to play games nor waste my time.

As I and several others including the OP here mentioned earlier:

With respect lets move on

1Vv6ebQl.jpg

???

Yeah I can see the issue here since this is the one shot edition of the original 1995 which I have never found either.

I could have phrased it better I guess. I always thought the white cover was the 2nd print of this book, but its not its a 2nd print of the 1995 book. Hope that's clear as mud. :insane:

Edited by Fastballspecial

I found one of my "White Whales" Friday afternoon and its NM+ to boot.

Ive looked for years for this book. Ive found all the other early BoP books just this one has eluded me for years. I purchased one last year, but it doesn't count unless you find one and I did the other day. And I did this outside the store.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

OHABhCJl.jpg

1Vv6ebQl.jpg

???

Yeah I can see the issue here since this is the one shot edition of the original 1995 which I have never found either.

I could have phrased it better I guess. I always thought the white cover was the 2nd print of this book, but its not its a 2nd print of the 1995 book. Hope that's clear as mud. :insane:

Yeah, I looked this up after ygogolak's post.

So there's the original version from 1995, second and third printings of that from 2000, then the 2008 reprint (I knew about everything up to this point) that has a variant and a second printing? What a mess. :P

1Vv6ebQl.jpg

???

Yeah, I looked this up after ygogolak's post.

So there's the original version from 1995, second and third printings of that from 2000, then the 2008 reprint (I knew about everything up to this point) that has a variant and a second printing? What a mess. :P

I guess it wouldn't really be wrong to call it a 3rd print either now that I think about it. It was a format changed, but it such a technicality.