• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Books you just cant find in the Wild
22 22

4,489 posts in this topic

Another book I haven't ever found till Friday. Valiant fans can tell me how tough this book is. I don't believe its extremely hard to find because it was during the period where Valiant was ramping up production. Ive had several Gold copies, but this one was a first for me. Terrible scan too the gold doesn't show well in my scanner.

tYT0h2Ml.jpg

Hey, you lost me.. Do you think that's an Ivory?

Another book I haven't ever found till Friday. Valiant fans can tell me how tough this book is. I don't believe its extremely hard to find because it was during the period where Valiant was ramping up production. Ive had several Gold copies, but this one was a first for me. Terrible scan too the gold doesn't show well in my scanner.

tYT0h2Ml.jpg

Hey, you lost me.. Do you think that's an Ivory?

lol

I grabbed wrong book lol.

I will find it later. I couldn't figure out what the problem was till I looked at the price.

doh!

So embarrassing lol.

Edited by Fastballspecial

Really? I don't think Aaron and I are really much alike.

:gossip: He posted here as well, as codfish .

I know his boardie id, and figured you'd know him, but I dont use peoples names unless they tell me its ok.

Obviously everyone is unique, but there is definitely something similar to pull it outta my memory banks. Manitobians talking about 90s books maybe, i dont know, but I was getting deja-vu a bit.

Edited by CBT

I found one of my "White Whales" Friday afternoon and its NM+ to boot.

Ive looked for years for this book. Ive found all the other early BoP books just this one has eluded me for years. I purchased one last year, but it doesn't count unless you find one and I did the other day. And I did this outside the store.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

OHABhCJl.jpg

:golfclap:

Finally! What does "outside the store" mean?

I found one of my "White Whales" Friday afternoon and its NM+ to boot.

Ive looked for years for this book. Ive found all the other early BoP books just this one has eluded me for years. I purchased one last year, but it doesn't count unless you find one and I did the other day. And I did this outside the store.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

OHABhCJl.jpg

:golfclap:

Finally! What does "outside the store" mean?

It means as soon as you pay and your out of the store/flea market/mall whatever you do a little :banana::banana::banana: out to the car.

Everybody's :banana: is different in my advanced age its a lot less then it used to be. :preach:

Please, tell me more about myself.

Actually Ill tell you plenty about you without even knowing you..

Youre a member here since 2005 with 3000+ posts

In the past 12 years of your membership here you have contributed NOTHING to this board other than harsh criticism and disillusion assumption of knowledge backed with lies.

Which Im sure is not an insult to you since based on those facts we know that you are a shilled account.

I mean, the other option would be that you just get a kick out off trolling others here, like you are right now, and contribute nothing to this board.

So with respect to your continued efforts to troll me

I will just ignore you and stop wasting my time

Happy new year lover boy

You are unbelievably ignorant. It's sad, really.

I don't troll people, I just question ridiculous B.S. posted by people who clearly don't know what they are talking about.

If I have contributed nothing, you have contributed far less than nothing.

I agree with you, 100%. Aweandlorder likes to spout "facts" that he can't back up and then lashes out when he is proven wrong or if someone disagrees with his "facts". He really doesn't know what he's talking about at all.

Take your personal arguments somewhere else. You both had this issue in this thread. I don't care who is right at this point just take it somewhere else.

Don't get upset with the people who are trying to clean up the mess, get upset with the person who spread the bull:censored: all over the place to begin with.

In the past 12 years of your membership here you have contributed NOTHING to this board other than harsh criticism and disillusion assumption of knowledge backed with lies.

Which Im sure is not an insult to you since based on those facts we know that you are a shilled account.

I mean, the other option would be that you just get a kick out off trolling others here, like you are right now, and contribute nothing to this board.

Happy new year lover boy

I don't troll people, I just question ridiculous B.S. posted by people who clearly don't know what they are talking about.

I agree with you, 100%. Aweandlorder likes to spout "facts" that he can't back up and then lashes out when he is proven wrong or if someone disagrees with his "facts". He really doesn't know what he's talking about at all.

Take your personal arguments somewhere else. You both had this issue in this thread. I don't care who is right at this point just take it somewhere else.

Don't get upset with the people who are trying to clean up the mess, get upset with the person who spread the bull:censored: all over the place to begin with.

Lazyboy is a board member of some 12+ years here with a healthy history of trolling others.

He will not receive the attention he so desperately needs from me.

If anyone sees any of his information as relevant please continue to follow him.

I chose not to

Happy new year lover boy

Lazyboy is a board member of some 12+ years here with a healthy history of trolling others.

He will not receive the attention he so desperately needs from me.

If anyone sees any of his information as relevant please continue to follow him.

I chose not to

Blatantly trolling me while falsely accusing me of being a troll. Hilarious.

Happy new year lover boy

Just stop you have done this in other threads too. You are not innocent in this.

You are not some crusader righting a wrong. How many people need to tell you this before you will think about it.

Take this to PMs and argue all day. All you are doing with this type of posting is getting a thread closer to being locked. At this point its become a personal grudge.

Not an insanely rare book, really, but I found a Spectre #62 in a dollar box, which I got for 25 cents after sales. It was in VF shape, too.

As well, I should mention The Pulse #13 & #14... I find 1-12 often, but those two elude me, to the point that I almost didn't believe they even existed.

Looked for a long time to find a 1st print of this book

1Vv6ebQl.jpg

???

How is that a "1st print?"

1st print of that edition!

Yeah I can see the issue here since this is the one shot edition of the original 1995 which I have never found either.

I could have phrased it better I guess. I always thought the white cover was the 2nd print of this book, but its not its a 2nd print of the 1995 book. Hope that's clear as mud. :insane:

I lucked out and found a first edition for I think $28 at a used bookstore last year. I found this edition that is quoted for $5 at a local store shortly after... a few months later, I paid $15 for the Punisher skull variant at a 2nd and Charles. I'm now looking for the other versions. Those are the only ones I've seen in person.

Any one have an estimate on the print run of any of the versions of this book? I'd imagine most are kept in personal collections...

Edited by BishopT

Not an insanely rare book, really, but I found a Spectre #62 in a dollar box, which I got for 25 cents after sales. It was in VF shape, too.

As well, I should mention The Pulse #13 & #14... I find 1-12 often, but those two elude me, to the point that I almost didn't believe they even existed.

Spectre 62 as well as 54 are tough finds any day.

1Vv6ebQl.jpg

???

Yeah I can see the issue here since this is the one shot edition of the original 1995 which I have never found either.

I could have phrased it better I guess. I always thought the white cover was the 2nd print of this book, but its not its a 2nd print of the 1995 book. Hope that's clear as mud. :insane:

I lucked out and found a first edition for I think $28 at a used bookstore last year. I found this edition that is quoted for $5 at a local store shortly after... a few months later, I paid $15 for the Punisher skull variant at a 2nd and Charles. I'm now looking for the other versions. Those are the only ones I've seen in person.

Any one have an estimate on the print run of any of the versions of this book? I'd imagine most are kept in personal collections...

I knew this book was hard to find in the wild, but I wasn't sure how HTF. I found a first print a couple years ago for $1 at a garage sale. Found a few in-demand Caliber books higher number Spider-man 2099 all for $1, too. I couldn't give the guy my money fast enough.

1Vv6ebQl.jpg

???

I found the Punisher Skull variant at a flea market a couple of weeks ago... it was listed at $20, but I paid $10 in a half price sale. That's the only time I've ever seen any print in the wild.

1Vv6ebQl.jpg

???

I found the Punisher Skull variant at a flea market a couple of weeks ago... it was listed at $20, but I paid $10 in a half price sale. That's the only time I've ever seen any print in the wild.

Yeah I just don't see the book at all any print. I mean it sells well, but when I go to shows I never see it even the reprints.

Spectre 62 as well as 54 are tough finds any day.

A lot of the later Spectres are tough to find in comic shops. That comic was great and should be as highly-regarded as Sandman, but it doesn't get the respect it's due. I loved it and found #62 in a shop that had ordered it for a customer, but it hadn't sold, so I got it. I later bought the entire run from eBay. For awhile, #54 sold for quite a bit when there was hype around a TV version of Mr. Terrific and #62 was selling for upwards of $10 because it was a scarce last issue, but I think both have cooled down. They're still very hard to find in the wild, though.