• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In the Shadow of the Atomic Age
6 6

2,395 posts in this topic

Cool cover. Is it me, or is the dude with a turbin on the right have his hand drawn backwards?

The hand is right because we're looking at the back of it. I think the problem is the elbow bend. Try putting your arm in that pose - it's possible but not something you'd do naturally. (Well, not if you have my right elbow anyway.)

Yeah, I tried posing like that while looking at the picture and nearly dislocated something. Glad nobody saw my here in my cube at work. :P

Here's another one of those covers where the artist must certainly have relied on a photo but I like those -

As long as the artist does something interesting in the actual illustration I don't have a problem with it. Doug Wildey frequently used photos for his work but they are still very effective. This one GCD attributes to Gene Colan.

Here's another one of those covers where the artist must certainly have relied on a photo but I like those -

As long as the artist does something interesting in the actual illustration I don't have a problem with it. Doug Wildey frequently used photos for his work but they are still very effective. This one GCD attributes to Gene Colan.

That's definitely Colan. I don't think he ever went through a formative period....he was born with his distinctive style already developed. I like Atlas books and always consider it a bonus when a story features his work. Another pleasant surprise was an Everett story about the Civil War in Battle #70....full of lush detail. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Yes, crazy shirts for sure. Enough to give a head-ache to any chameleon.

Read this Joe book this p.m. It's labeled # 11 but it's really issue # 2 in the series.

Lot of silly buddy comedy in the Joe books with dames, females and gals running around all over the Korean battlefield but that's the charm of the series, truly. GIJoev111.jpg

Well put. I read #10 (#1) and #11 (#2) a couple of weeks ago through DCM. I previously never gave them a second thought because I couldn't stand the goofy look Joe has on almost every cover.

I was surprised how much I liked them though. The mixture of comedy, girls and war is really well done.

There's really no other thread where to put this one. Indian Chief # 3, the first issue of the title post Four Color. The White Eagle feature won't start for another couple of issues.

IndianChief3.jpg

Indian Chief belongs right here, and that's a really nice cover!

(thumbs u

Edited by Hepcat

I took a deep breath and paid what I thought was 'top dollar +' for these from worldwide Comics. I needn't have worried - these are lovely books, conservatively graded and I couldn't be happier with them. With these I'm getting near to finishing off the 15 issue run.

Davis, Wood, Toth and Evans - what's not to like?

FC_12.jpg

FC_13.jpg

FC_14.jpg

Not enough time to scan over the recent months but I did get a little this p.m. so I will post a selection from recent purchases.

Love the early Tomahawk issues. So much elegant work by Ray in these -

Tomahawk14.jpg

Tomahawk12.jpg

Tomahawk18.jpg

That's a very interesting set of books you posted! :headbang: