• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MegaCon 2016 Pictures

130 posts in this topic

Thanks for posting these. Looks like a lot of great Golden Age books. I'm sure they were probably pricey. But, a very good selection. What did you score?

I'll try to post a pic tomorrow, but picked up 5 or 6 EC's (Weird Science, TFTC). Lots of late silver/early bronze Batman, random silver age semi-keys, and my favorite pickup was a lower grade Amazing Mystery Funnies #20.

Great pics and hey....I actually see my fat arse in one of the pics thumbing through books!

My only gripe- I got there Friday A.M. about 9:30. The only reason I went was to get Stan Lee's auto one more time (probably his last Florida appearance ever).

Doors open actually at about 9:45, I immediately go to the Stan Lee line, I was probably somewhere around 90th in line.

Gripe- No real definite time Stan was posted to be there. The word was 11 a.m. Well we stand, and stand, and stand, no real room to sit on the floor the way we were wedged in there. 12:15 pm rolls around, he shows up, but then gets ushered off to photo op's. So we stand, and stand and stand. He probably didn't start signing until 1:15 pm. So we basically got to stand there for 3 1/2 hours. They pre-sold autograph tickets, so a suggestion- they should have numbered them. Then you can leave and when they start calling #'s 1-100 you show up in line, then call 101-200 etc. It works, and people don't have to be held hostage by standing in line for fear of losing one's place, and can go shop.

Other than that it was fine, not overly crowded Friday, I was actually able to shop in the afternoon, without fighting for elbow room at a table. Picked up a lot of Bronze age books for cheap.

QtTJx4wh.jpg

Do you know whose booth this is?

Arg, his name is escaping me right now - I want to say Aaron??, but not confident with that. They were in booth 507 I believe (listed as Collector's Corner, but I don't think he owns a store). I've seen him at some other East coast shows before (Heroes).

Aaron Bushey, I thought that might have been him. Thank you.

QtTJx4wh.jpg

Almost Anything. Aaron from Alabama.

Text me, I think I have his biz card if you can't find it.

Arg, his name is escaping me right now - I want to say Aaron??, but not confident with that. They were in booth 507 I believe (listed as Collector's Corner, but I don't think he owns a store). I've seen him at some other East coast shows before (Heroes).

He has an actual store that literally sells almost anything vintage.

:headbang:

He's a good guy. Regularly has cool stuff.

QtTJx4wh.jpg

Almost Anything. Aaron from Alabama.

Text me, I think I have his biz card if you can't find it.

From auburn al. Keep the "a" theme going

Great pics! I really appreciate con reports with photos of all the booths and the goods in them.

But I also have to give kudos to the Kingpin:

RDiNBJHh.jpg

Going thru all the trouble, and forgetting the diamond ascot pin. :cry: