• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greatest GOLDEN AGE Covers Poll, Round One

189 posts in this topic

I'm a bit confused. Are we awaiting the results of the first 4 polls so we can choose the top twenty from the 40 survivors?? When do we see the initial results??

Yes, and thanks for the question. This poll will end at 11:59 PM on June 8th (today). The last round will be in place on June 15th, at least that's the plan as we originally envisioned it. If for some reason changes need to be made we'll post them here.

If you haven't voted, now's the time!

I can be a little dense at times, be kind I am a Silver age guy :blush: so please bare with me. Is the "last round" and the next round the same thing? Meaning the next / last round will be posted (hopefully) on the 15th?

The next, and final, round will be on or around the 15th of June. I'll make an announcement as that date approaches and our intrepid core team of dedicated GA bean counters finishes sorting the data based on the results of this poll. (thumbs u

Can you explain why it takes an entire week to sort out the first round of this GA poll, when a country-wide presidential election can be counted up and decided in only a few hours time. :baiting:

:gossip: It's the hanging chads

I'm a bit confused. Are we awaiting the results of the first 4 polls so we can choose the top twenty from the 40 survivors?? When do we see the initial results??

Yes, and thanks for the question. This poll will end at 11:59 PM on June 8th (today). The last round will be in place on June 15th, at least that's the plan as we originally envisioned it. If for some reason changes need to be made we'll post them here.

I can be a little dense at times, be kind I am a Silver age guy :blush: so please bare with me. Is the "last round" and the next round the same thing? Meaning the next / last round will be posted (hopefully) on the 15th?

The next, and final, round will be on or around the 15th of June. I'll make an announcement as that date approaches and our intrepid core team of dedicated GA bean counters finishes sorting the data based on the results of this poll. (thumbs u

Can you explain why it takes an entire week to sort out the first round of this GA poll, when a country-wide presidential election can be counted up and decided in only a few hours time. :baiting:

Yea!!! What he sez!

:gossip: It's the hanging chads

This guy named Chad was caught trying to rig our polls, ...he got what he deserved! :sumo:

Soooo we're just gonna pretend this thread never happened??? (shrug)

Which thread are we talking about?

Soooo we're just gonna pretend this thread never happened??? (shrug)

Round two tomorrow, I think?

It's coming, trust me! (thumbs u

We've finished collating results, made adjustments to fit our polling parameters and the final 40 is almost ready. We'll probably start a separate thread for it.

Probably late tonight. :wishluck:

:bump: Look for the final 40 poll tomorrow evening in a new poll thread (shooting for sometime around midnight June 16th or Friday morning June 17th). It will run for seven days like the prior poll with the Top 20 results to be published in an upcoming issue of Heritage's Intelligent Collector!

Thanks to everyone participating in advance. :headbang:

We've . . . made adjustments to fit our polling parameters . . . .

Does that mean that the top 40 isn't necessarily the 40 with the most votes? In other words, were adjustments made so that there were a certain number of books in certain categories, etc?

Does that mean that the top 40 isn't necessarily the 40 with the most votes? In other words, were adjustments made so that there were a certain number of books in certain categories, etc?

In essence, this establishes the pecking order of the top 40, but yes, we used a combination of board selected covers (all the top picks across the four polls) and then our core group used the established criteria to drop a few that just squeezed into the 40 list and pick a sampling of less loved selectees to generate more variety and (hopefully) broader appeal in the final poll, which was our original intent as envisioned and pitched.

Think of our core team as super delegates. :grin:

Interestingly, those few we selected from the Top 100 were in fairly close proximity vote wise to the other top picks with only a few exceptions. The results are very representative. I think most folks here will be pleased with the choices and variety. Trust me, no top picks got short shrift.

This final poll is 100% voter generated. No hanging chads, reboots or overlooked nominees. (thumbs u

Only the Top 20 will be featured in the Intelligent Collector article. As I understand it each of those will be represented by cover. Whether the remaining 20 receive mention will be at the discretion of whoever writes the article.

Cheers,

R. Cat Conrad (David Merryweather)

It's not the votes that count but those that count the votes that count.

What is this Heritage Collector that you speak of :sumo:

Ohhhh, so we participate for free, but must pay a subscription fee to see the results??

Capitalism at its best :makepoint:

Heritage's Intelligent Collector is a classy upscale magazine. Even Fred Flintstone would like it! (thumbs u

We'll eventually post the results, but probably not until after publication as that's only fair to subscribers who arguably deserve the first peek. Ah, I love the smell of capitalism in the morning, ...afternoon too! :insane: