• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Greatest GOLDEN AGE Covers Poll, Round One

189 posts in this topic

We've fixed the poll. The Vision was trying to sort through a complex mathematical equation and got wrapped up in the minutiae. Catman America came to the rescue and with the Vision's assistance the polls should now be on track. (thumbs u
Finished the poll.HBD Cat!

...like Adventure 73. :taptaptap:

Now, that's a super classic Kirby GA cover and should definitely be on the list. :cloud9:

79 made the cut (thumbs u both are :headbang: I give the nod to 79 slightly personally but then again I'm biased. In the words often spoke by Cat, "others mileage may vary" on that one

Whiz 22 :sumo:

Does Aman 22 count instead

AMAN 22 should make the top 20 IMO. One of THE GREATS

One of the 22's you're chasing Gino :baiting:

On another note of another 22 I totally agree with GAtor that Whiz 22 is absolutley the stuff classics are made of.

What are you trying to find out with this poll? I think whatever data is pulled is going to be flawed. You have to chose from four different groups and you MUST pick exactly TEN of each group. I assume this was done due to some software or programmer limitations. If I look at my process I made my choices and then I had to pick other covers just randomly to reach the mandatory quota of ten to submit my choices. These filler picks I could care less about, but was forced to chose them. :(

What are you trying to find out with this poll? I think whatever data is pulled is going to be flawed. You have to chose from four different groups and you MUST pick exactly TEN of each group. I assume this was done due to some software or programmer limitations. If I look at my process I made my choices and then I had to pick other covers just randomly to reach the mandatory quota of ten to submit my choices. These filler picks I could care less about, but was forced to chose them. :(

Dear collectors...This is the first round of a two round, multi-part poll, the final results of which will be published in a forthcoming issue of Heritage's Intelligent Collector. A

I didn't organize the poll but I have been an observer of various "top cover" cover polls. Every time it's done, a different method is used and a slightly different result is achieved. It's certainly possible that selecting from among 4 groups will result in a book or two not making it to the next round that might have made it using some other scheme. That said, will it make a difference as to what gets into a Top 10 or Top 20? Probably not.

The whole poll can be skewed by the fact that it is primarily advertised via the CGC Boards (are we are valid cross-section of GA collectors?). Further, it's cross-posted in Comics General so collectors with little knowledge or interest in GA covers can vote.

I view it as a fun activity that will help spread some awareness of GA comic goodness via the IC magazine.

Whiz 22 :sumo:

Does Aman 22 count instead

AMAN 22 should make the top 20 IMO. One of THE GREATS

One of the 22's you're chasing Gino :baiting:

On another note of another 22 I totally agree with GAtor that Whiz 22 is absolutley the stuff classics are made of.

And may never find but I ain't Givin up (thumbs u and agreed Whiz 22 is a classic cover!!