• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moderns that are COOLING on EBAY...
1 1

568 posts in this topic

Will the book maintain when they cancel the title?

WD and ASM have long term stability being in a core title.

What title? Thunderbolts? If monthly sales/attrition weren't so abysmal, I'd probably guess you wouldn't even need to wait that long. :eyeroll:

What title? Thunderbolts? If monthly sales/attrition weren't so abysmal, I'd probably guess you wouldn't even need to wait that long. :eyeroll:

That's really what I am wondering. You spend all that money on a rare variant of a title and then they cancel a title. There is no way this book maintains its value.

That's really what I am wondering. You spend all that money on a rare variant of a title and then they cancel a title. There is no way this book maintains its value.

Happens all the time. :baiting:

Especially with how publishers constantly reboot titles nowadays.

-J.

Preaching to the choir. I had it on my followed searches in case my preorder got cancelled. I figured sooner or later after the initial furor dies down, it'll probably drop down to $20-ish or so which is much more my speed. :D

Ever hear of the term "first to market"?

They make a market, they arent first to it.

The herd (their readers) then chase it.

cBSi is the definition of Herd, when i said that, I meant their followers and readers, not the authors and scammers.

I've decided to list my Venom #1 mcfarlane b/w variant on ebay because I "don't have that crystal ball" and don't want to get hosed sitting on it hoping for a big profit, I am curious how it will sell being its the first 9.8 of that book to hit ebay. It does seem the raw books have cooled a bit as far as what they are going for which makes me wonder even more if I should hold for a bit or sell now.

Edited by trinitynzxt

I've decided to list my Venom #1 mcfarlane b/w variant on ebay because I "don't have that crystal ball" and don't want to get hosed sitting on it hoping for a big profit, I am curious how it will sell being its the first 9.8 of that book to hit ebay. It does seem the raw books have cooled a bit as far as what they are going for which makes me wonder even more if I should hold for a bit or sell now.

theres one that sold for 450 a couple days ago

my venom b/w has the small scrape/tear that many copies had doh!

the LCS keeps telling me the rep said it may get replaced and we have to wait and see. Not sure what else he could say as his crystal ball is no clearer than mine, but I don't expect it to happen really

Any comments / thoughts on why the x-23 #1 dell'otto variant is dropping in price on ebay? Saw a 9.8 go for $1000 didn't these used to go for 1700+ ?

My theory as a collector of many, many years?

People are coming to there senses and realizing it's absurd to pay 1700.00 for a modern variant.

...of any character.

Edited by Juice Head

Any comments / thoughts on why the x-23 #1 dell'otto variant is dropping in price on ebay? Saw a 9.8 go for $1000 didn't these used to go for 1700+ ?

My theory as a collector of many, many years?

People are coming to there senses and realizing it's unsure to pay 1700.00 for a modern variant.

...of any character.

Yea I hear ya on that, before I'd drop almost 2 grand on a modern comic I'd pick up a lebron james rookie auto basketball card in 10 years that will be worth more than 99% of all modern variants.